• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 3 (News soon?)

DocSeuss

I started Darksiders 2 earlier this month on the PC, and really disliked it. The prologue stage left such a bad taste in my mouth I haven't played it since. Hopefully they they continue making these games the next game is either more like Darksiders 1, or they just go in a wild new direction, like a run and gun action adventure game with Strife.

...the prologue? That's... like... I beat it in maybe ten minutes, and it's just a training sequence? THAT put a bad taste in your mouth?

I kinda want to know where Vigil's "Crawler" project went.

sn00zer

...the prologue? That's... like... I beat it in maybe ten minutes, and it's just a training sequence? THAT put a bad taste in your mouth?

I kinda want to know where Vigil's "Crawler" project went.

Considering you fight War at the end of it I cant imagine being bored then

DocSeuss

Considering you fight War at the end of it I cant imagine being bored then

It's like "here's how to do all the mobility in a few minutes. Got it? ZOOM, off to fight War's ghost. Now, let's go fight giant monsters."

The only bit of that game I don't like--went back through it to finish getting all the gems for that quest for those playfire rewards--is the Dead section of the game, mostly because of the soulsplitter puzzles. I don't really like the soulsplitter at all. The portals outside the Ivory Tower thing are a bit frustrating as well. Beyond that, though, which is like the other 80% of the game, I had a blast. Going back through it was fun, especially just the pure combat of the Soul Arbiter's maze.

If they released, like, Darksiders: Action Arena Mayhem for $5, I'd buy the crap out of it. Or Darksiders: Orcs Must Die Edition. Hnnng.

My Wishlist:
-Keep Darksiders 2 combat and improve on it even more.
-Tighten the world up a bit more like Darksiders 1 (Big, deep Zelda dungeons).
-Don't have a lame fetch quest at the end of the game to pad it out like DS1.
-Keep some of the side stuff from DS2 (secret/optional dungeons).
-Don't include a long, tedious gun level like both DS1+2 had.
-Maybe add some Diablo-style co-op if they make it a sequel and make all 4 horsemen playable and unique (ranged for Strife, aoe/magic for Death, tank for War, and monk/berserker for fury)

I'd be down for a third one if they get back to DS1 progression and drop the loot collection. Upgrade the combat some more, add more traversal skills, drop the fetch quest narrative, more big vistas and puzzles.............baby, you got a stew going.

KiraXD

Im one of the few i guess that love both games mainly for the art. Joe Madureira is my favorite artist... and the whole series drips with his style.

If DS3 is exactly the same as DS2 but with Strife/Fury with Madureira's art direction... i will love it.

That said... i STILL want to see Dragonkind... or a Battle Chasers game.

Dragonkind looked cool

Dragon%20Kind%20Wallpaper__yvt2.JPG

419936-dragonkind_020.jpg

419944-dragonkind_028.jpg

419928-dragonkind_012.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I own Darksiders 1, 2 and Kingdoms of Amular.

I never finished either, but liked a lot in each.

Though if we could only resurrect one... Which would we rather have a sequel to? Hmmmm

SkylineRKR

DS2 is excellent but there was too much padding at the halfway point. They could've shrunk Kingdom of the Dead and shook up the Earth stage and the game would benefit from it. I thought the gameplay, music and atmosphere was spot on though. Ending still sucks, but it was never really Darksiders 2. More like Darksiders: Death.

SuomiDude

So it's possible that DS2 also gets some patches in the future to prevent crahsing and stuff if there's an actual developer for DS3? Not sure if it works that way though. I might actually buy DS2 if that's the case, as for now I don't want a buggy mess that crashes often.

malfcn

Amazing sound track. The graphics were fine with me. And art is always great. But all the fetching quickly became a chore, it was too repetitive go here go here go here go here go here.
Please don't be dropping names to keep the franchise relevant. Hopefully something is actually happening. There is the collection being released, and maybe E3 will tease something.

DieH@rd

Banned
Whoever gets the gig to create next Darksiders game, they have to contact Liam O'Brien and Michael Wincott to repeat voices for War and Death. Both of them were really phenomenal in those roles.

Archpath1

Yea the questception hit allot of people like a brick wall
But i liked the combat, and in a sucker for loot
Would play another game if released

forrest

formerly nacire
I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Vigil had something special in my opinion and I'm not sure it will be easy to recreate. Here's hoping.

I really wanted DS3 to be Strife with some serious Gunkata combat action in the vein of Equilibrium. Still don't get the hate for DS2. Flawed yes, but great nontheless.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope Strife is the protagonist.

Strife_by_pogzki.jpg

Strife_Darksiders_by_cheeseboy18193.jpg

Fury is alright, too:

1244884-darksiders_fury.jpg

But Strife's design is so cool. I do wonder what happened to him and why War and Death were able to obtain his guns.

Monocle

Oh hell yes. Just get the combat team (or was Ben Cureton the only combat designer?) for Darksiders 2 back for the next one and it'll be amazing. And the music guy too.

DieH@rd

Banned
I hope Strife is the protagonist.

Strife_by_pogzki.jpg

Strife_Darksiders_by_cheeseboy18193.jpg

Fury is alright, too:

1244884-darksiders_fury.jpg

But Strife's design is so cool. I do wonder what happened to him and why War and Death were able to obtain his guns.

Both of them were briefly featured in the book "Abomination Vault". Not a bad book, especially for people who are invested in the world/characters.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Vigil had something special in my opinion and I'm not sure it will be easy to recreate. Here's hoping.

I really wanted DS3 to be Strife with some serious Gunkata combat action in the vein of Equilibrium. Still don't get the hate for DS2. Flawed yes, but great nontheless.

this needs to be a thing, they also need to explain how he lost his guns

Silky

Banned
Darksiders is not Dead.

http://www.destructoid.com/nordic-g...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"With regards to Darksiders 3: of course we’ve always been busy in the background, talking to a lot of former team members about a continuation of the series, but we are not ready to announce anything officially. Joe Madureira is spot on in saying that DS is not dead and we are committed, though.”

They also elaborate a bit more, stating, "“Before we can say something about the ‘how’ and ‘when’ of publishing/financing the sequel is concerned, we are still busy in properly figuring out the ‘who’ part of this large-scale project. All I can say is that we can and will not settle for second-best solutions in the case of Darksiders.”

I only started playing these recently because of the playfire rewards. I think I was put off by all the bad impressions I read here but it turns out I really enjoyed them. Even bought the OST during the recent steam sale. I'd be very happy for the series to continue.

ironcreed

Banned
I'll be down for another one. Darksiders 2 is great until it nears the end and then it just sort of fell off a cliff for me. But it's a very good game on the whole.

Top Bottom