• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARKSIDERS preview update(videos and stuff)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Walkthrough

Trailer

darksiders-wrath-of-war-20090518031038060_640w.jpg

darksiders-wrath-of-war-20090108001746603_640w.jpg

darksiders-wrath-of-war-20090518031025748_640w.jpg

darksiders-wrath-of-war-20090108001818322_640w.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
Whenever I see this game's name come up as a thread title or a video link, I always think "Ooh, a Darkstalkers game," and then it turns out to be something entirely different, and on top of that, what's up with the art style? Is Blizzard's (Or should I say Warhammer's?) rather specific school of anatomy and armor welding that popular? :(

darksiders-wrath-of-war-20090518031025748_640w.jpg

Put a machine gun in his hand and he'd be the perfect representation of the stupid macho fantasy non-gamers label all gamers as having.

That said I remember this game being billed as God of War plus Zelda so...sort of want.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Why does this look vaguely familiar?
Any link to that Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse game that was in development for the last generation of consoles?

I'm a bit of a sucker for the whole heaven vs. hell thing, though I'm not too thrilled with their take on angels.

Could be worth watching.

Animal

Banned
Wow thanks for bringing this to my attention. This game looks really awesome!

EDIT: Art style gives me a god of war + wow mash up after taste but it doesn't matter. It's really good looking.

Xiaoki

Mejilan said:
Why does this look vaguely familiar?
Any link to that Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse game that was in development for the last generation of consoles?

I'm a bit of a sucker for the whole heaven vs. hell thing, though I'm not too thrilled with their take on angels.

Could be worth watching.
Are you familiar with Joe Madureira?

It's good to see his style can be done justice in game now.

Gravijah said:
Didn't he used to not have a face? I miss that.

well not having a face is better than his current model. honestly, I'm kinda tired with this generation trend of adding hood or helmet to not so subtly hide character face because the actual face look generic as hell.

Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Prototype, Dante's Inferno and now Darksiders.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Oh I thought it might have been released already and just disappeared. I remember liking what I saw.

Ravidrath

I'm hoping this turns out well.

I always lament that Western developers don't make more (any?) games like Zelda, but then when they do, they look like this.

That said, though, I think I'm more looking forward to this than lamenting its over-the-top power fantasy nonsense. Will definitely rent, and will hopefully want to buy.

Game looks great, but what the hell happened to War's character model?

444064-0_super.jpg

The newer one is more colorful but clashes horribly.

Xabora

TheChillyAcademic said:
Looks like the love child between WOW and Dante's Inferno.

What the HELL happened to this game? =/
Well considering I don't have any older screens to go off of, it does look excellent so far. :p

Xabora said:
Well considering I don't have any older screens to go off of, it does look excellent so far. :p

The game never looked good, but the premise has always been intriguing and it hasn't lost that appeal so far. The video walkthrough was extremely unimpressive, I hate enemies that don't respond to strikes, but we shall see.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This looks really cool. Keeping a close eye on this as these guys are also working on the Warhammer 40k MMO.

Haven't heard anything about this since I played it at E3 last year. Wonder if THQ will have it on show again this year with some improvements.

Another preview:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/darksiders-wrath-of-war-may-hands-on

'Despite mild discontent though, in anyone's estimation Darksiders is well worth keeping an unholy hovering eye upon - above all if you're an Xbox 360 owner bereft of the Kratos own-brand of button-mash mythology. The action delivers no end of satisfaction, there's a palpable sense of advancement as you unlock new weapons and abilities, and discovering otherworldly caves, temples and demonic beasties beneath the ravaged modern city is undeniable fun. Best of all though, as the sudden proliferation of Darksiders coverage has surely demonstrated, it means everyone everywhere can come up with lines like 'War, huh? What is he good for?' Answer? Killing stuff. Same as ever.

Darksiders: Wrath of War is due out for PS3 and Xbox 360 within the next few months'

Lord Phol

Dunno why but the thirst thing I thought was "ooo reminds me of Mark of Kri", though it really doesn't :s. Think it's the Character model in the first screen.
A new Mark of Kri game would be totally bitchin' though!

This doesn't look any less epic than God of War does, and I love God of War. Just hope the gameplay is at the same level as well.

lostxii

I liked War's old look, but still looking forward to this.

Edit: Aside from War though, I love the way everything looks.

I was really looking forward to this game as it would have been one of the first Zelda style games on the HD systems, but the more I see the more it looks like God of War instead.
And while that's fine I really hope there is some decent amounts of puzzle solving in the dungeons and not just primarily combat.

Top Bottom