• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darkstalkers Resurrection |OT| aaaAAAaaa!!! Real monsters!

Oh Jesus

Guys, do any of you know what I would need to buy or do so that I can get the DS2's d-pad working on Resurrection? I am seriously handicapped with the stupid R2 trigger on the DS3 versus the DS2's R2 button. It was driving me up a wall because I feel like I'm not giving folks the authentic experience here. The only TRH I can manage to get out properly is the standard lk+hk+mp+mp up and it is a joke when fighting against real high level players. I don't want to meet Dyne and the GGPO crew with because I'll get ripped to shreds. Ranked is gonna get annoying as hell with my rushdown cut in half. :()
ggs solar

That session really made me realize how terrible I am at this game. How the fuck do you get out of that Hsien-Ko corner pressure? It seemed impossible to get out of there unless you let me. Mashing dp simply leads to me taking more damage into another knockdown and Demitri's AA normals pretty much suck against the angle Hsien comes at you with except st. LP, but you need to be so specific with your timing because it's barely active.
Demitri's DP and GC are godlike. You just need to get them down along with tech hits and I'll be infuriated whenever I fight you. Protip ask the more knowledgeable players about Demitri's wakeup pressure, crossup game and combos into his supers. He is really really good on the rushdown even though you play him more like Guile with a better fireball game.

gg(likewise to disco)

Edit: Seriously, tech hits combined with properly timed DPs/GCs make Demitri a pain in the ass. It's the key defense stuff to have down with him.
I wish some kind of speed in between normal and turbo existed as the standard. The game just feels a tad too fast as is, and like everyone is saying the glorious animation is mostly lost due to skipped frames.
Maybe it's a problem for you. I see it just fine. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Oh jesus

Guys, do any of you know what I would need to buy or do so that I can get the DS2's d-pad working on Resurrection? I am seriously handicapped with the stupid R2 trigger on the DS3 versus the DS2's R2 button. It was driving me up a wall because I feel like I'm not giving folks the authentic experience here.

Wait you play on pad?! How do you even begin to pushblock as well as you do on a DS3/DS2 pad? D:

GGs again. The tenraiha strings are seriously tricky.

kirblar

Oh Jesus

Guys, do any of you know what I would need to buy or do so that I can get the DS2's d-pad working on Resurrection? I am seriously handicapped with the stupid R2 trigger on the DS3 versus the DS2's R2 button. It was driving me up a wall because I feel like I'm not giving folks the authentic experience here. The only TRH I can manage to get out properly is the standard lk+hk+mp+mp up and it is a joke when fighting against real high level players. I don't want to meet Dyne and the GGPO crew with because I'll get ripped to shreds. Ranked is gonna get annoying as hell with my rushdown cut in half. :()

Demitri's DP and GC are godlike. You just need to get them down along with tech hits and I'll be infuriated whenever I fight you. Protip ask the more knowledgeable players about Demitri's wakeup pressure, crossup game and combos into his supers. He is really really good on the rushdown even though you play him more like Guile with a better fireball game.

gg(likewise to disco)

Edit: Seriously, tech hits combined with properly timed DPs/GCs make Demitri a pain in the ass. It's the key defense stuff to have down with him.

Maybe it's a problem for you. I see it just fine. I guess different strokes for different folks.
Just buy a DS2 converter! :)

Wait you play on pad?! How do you even begin to pushblock as well as you do on a DS3/DS2 pad? D:

GGs again. The tenraiha strings are seriously tricky.
You haven't even seen my final form yet/Beyonce. You have no idea how tricky they really are. There are like five to six different types of Tenrai-Ha. I can honestly say that I know about four reliably, but they are hard as hell to get out with the squishy R2 trigger. I can only do the standard half the time for now.

I remember Rithli and a commentator asking themselves how I manage to pushblock last year when I went to Next Level for one of the VSav tournaments. :p
Just buy a DS2 converter! :)
I have this one, but I couldn't get the D-pad to work even when I turned the analog off.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DU25UO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

We released a J. Talbain strategy video today thats worth checkin out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUhJQp3cNds

More tutorial videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMr59zYLEkKUGfa6n2b9FQOL3zEfqDGy7

Niiice, I've been following the tutorial videos since the Lilith one was released and this new one surely does not disappoint. I was actually surprised the video series is continuing post release given how well the in-game tutorial covers various mechanics for a character. Hope this keeps up!

I wish some kind of speed in between normal and turbo existed as the standard. The game just feels a tad too fast as is, and like everyone is saying the glorious animation is mostly lost due to skipped frames.

A speed between normal and turbo vsav DOES exist though, I call it Night Warriors.
:p

Skilletor

I love the speed. Animation is something I'll be like, "Oh man, that looked awesome," once or twice and then be annoyed at the game being slow (like SF3, SF4).

kirblar

You haven't even seen my final form yet/Beyonce. You have no idea how tricky they really are. There are like five to six different types of Tenrai-Ha. I can honestly say that I know about four reliably, but they are hard as hell to get out with the squishy R2 trigger. I can only do the standard half the time for now.

I remember Rithli and a commentator asking themselves how I manage to pushblock last year when I went to Next Level for one of the VSav tournaments. :p

I have this one, but I couldn't get the D-pad to work even when I turned the analog off.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DU25UO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Just buy a cheap one off of Amazon - mine is just a black plastic cord with two ends.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I got my physical version today, and I live in the US. It's all in English! Add me for free wins: DrMontelban

Dai101

Banned
I love the speed. Animation is something I'll be like, "Oh man, that looked awesome," once or twice and then be annoyed at the game being slow (like SF3, SF4).

This. I can't play any game prior to SSF2T for that very reason... Ok, maybe SF2HF because that shit is insane

Skilletor

This. I can't play any game prior to SSF2T for that very reason... Ok, maybe SF2HF because that shit is insane

I can still play, but I definitely prefer faster games. VS is almost going to end up my favorite 2D fighter ever, and part of that is its speed.

Onemic

Oh Jesus

gg(likewise to disco)

When I was in the corner dp's stopped working due to the move having no invincibility. I have no idea How to tech hit or roll though. And it seems like any time I would go for an air throw because I knew you would jump I'd get hit or get thrown myself. :/ Are there any Demitri players to watch? Maybe I should hop on GGPO and get my ass kicked by all the pros.

That's what we are talking about (not if it's slow by default). Savior is slow on normal, but you can see all the great animation better because everything is slower.

vocab

When I was in the corner dp's stopped working due to the move having no invincibility. I have no idea How to tech hit or roll though. And it seems like any time I would go for an air throw because I knew you would jump I'd get hit or get thrown myself. :/ Are there any Demitri players to watch? Maybe I should hop on GGPO and get my ass kicked by all the pros.

whats your name on ggpo so I can stalk your matches?

vocab

same name here, onemic

What's your PSN btw, I don't think I've even played you in Persona before.

vocab- We never did play persona. Weren't you a fellow ahkihiko player who was equally frustrated? I play whatever whenever (especially on ggpo) as long as it isn't something I hate.

Busaiku

I'm bad in a lot of games, but I'm getting really salty here.
I dunno, it feels like I'm pressing stuff and nothing's coming out.

And then tons of times I get Soul Flashes in the air, when I haven't inputted the motion.
Ugh, sometimes it's too sensitive and other times it isn't...

And I can never pull off a DP online for whatever reason.
Unless of course I'm not trying to use it.

Onemic

vocab- We never did play persona. Weren't you a fellow ahkihiko player who was equally frustrated? I play whatever whenever (especially on ggpo) as long as it isn't something I hate.

I just subbed Aki. Troll Queen Mitsuru was my main.

And then tons of times I get Soul Flashes in the air, when I haven't inputted the motion.

Against me you kept jumping into my st.mk for some reason. I thought you were just testing stuff out, but you kept doing it and jumping instead of staying grounded.

Busaiku

Against me you kept jumping into my st.mk for some reason. I thought you were just testing stuff out, but you kept doing it and jumping instead of staying grounded.

Those times were all on purpose (the last 2 or 3 games), trying to figure out the timing of when to press the buttons and whatnot.
Thought I had it with the j.HK, but nope, your hitbox is still too good.

But stuff like antiairs and whatnot, I rarely ever see come out when I press stuff, or at least when I think I press stuff.
That and superjumping, which would help out tremendously, but I can ever seem to get them out.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm bad at these games. They're fun, but I'm bad at them.
Same, still doesn't stop me from playing them. :p

Btw, is anyone else bugged that all the trophies are for Night Warriors challenges only? A 50/50 spread between both games would have been ideal.

Tech hits are just a matter of using the piano technique on your buttons. Piano technique is just a matter of sliding your fingers across 4-6 buttons in order to tech hit. The key word is slide. You DO NOT try to press all the buttons at the same time. Tech hitting is a fundamental defense technique and much easier to learn than Guard Cancels imo. Just make a mental note that multi hitting moves/Supers are much easier to tech hit than single moves with very little blockstun.

Also, God gave you EX DP for those times when you are feeling too pressured. Just be careful and try not to get baited. Rolling is just a matter of moving the stick left or right? Try to be careful with that when fighting Lei Lei because a good Lei Lei will punish the roll by knocking you down, using TRH and making you roll right into the spiked balls.

Gotta slow your roll and know what buttons are pressing. You sound like someone who just played SFII Turbo for the first time EVER.
Same, still doesn't stop me from playing them. :p

Btw, is anyone else bugged that all the trophies are for Night Warriors challenges only? A 50/50 spread between both games would have been ideal.
Somebody at Capcom trying to fudge the data and make it look like we want slow Darkstalkers? We're through the looking glass, people.

/FGC Drama

kirblar

Somebody at Capcom trying to fudge the data and make it look like we want slow Darkstalkers?
I told you they'd slow down DS4. :p (I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems with VSTurbo3 when I can play BB/MvC3 fine.)

Onemic

Wow the release of DSR has made the GGPO lobbies for Vampire Savior huge as hell. I've never seen this many people in a VS lobby before

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Wow the release of DSR has made the GGPO lobbies for Vampire Savior huge as hell. I've never seen this many people in a VS lobby before

People have been commenting about that. Everyone thought that it would die, but the complete opposite happened, it's reached new highs!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm stuck in Q-Bee's challenge 5. For some reason I can't cancel from standing short into C->R, any tips?

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I'm stuck in Q-Bee's challenge 5. For some reason I can't cancel from standing short into C->R, any tips?

What part are you having trouble with? The airdash MP into s.LK, or the s.LK into the ES C->R? For the s.LK into C->R, I find it better to do a half-circle forward to make it connect. Just works for me better.

The Super Arcade Vampire Savior tournament stream is live! Casuals on right now between Floe and Rotanibor: http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds

Edgeward

There was a Morrigan trial in DR that gave me problems. It was cr lk, cr hp to her super (lp lp -> lk hp) There must be some trick right?

Onemic

Think I'm gonna try Bish. Only reason I haven't used him first is because he's a charge character, but watching Floe's tutorial on him I'm interested. He looks really fun to use and he has a jump back instant overhead like Mitsuru!

Top Bottom