• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darkstalkers Resurrection |OT| aaaAAAaaa!!! Real monsters!

vocab

IF it's on the SFIV engine, and looks exactly like SFIV with darkstalkers characters I'll not buy it. It's gonna be another SFXT situation all over again. Long stages, slow pace, and not interesting to play.

SkylineRKR

Which is why I don't like SFIV as well. I also don't like MvC3 but its engine, pace and style is better suited for a new DS game.

Onemic

Ok, I'm going head on this bishamon train. Finally finished all 5 tutorials just now. It's funny that the hardest is actually tutorial 2 and not 5.

Finally got points to buy this!

I'm doing Talbain's trials right now...I can't do c.Forward->ES Beast Cannonx5 at alll. Any tips on this?

Take a look at how Morrigan/Aensland Castle look in TvC (via Dolphin) for a sample of how good a new Darkstalkers *could* look.

Aensland Castle in TvC is seriously one of my favorite looking stages in any fighter from the past few years. If a DS4 does come out they should bring it back.

laaame

Finally got points to buy this!

I'm doing Talbain's trials right now...I can't do c.Forward->ES Beast Cannonx5 at alll. Any tips on this?
The mizuumi wiki has all of the beast cannon setups so I would suggest you look there since that is a huge part of his gameplan. The easiest BC setup to do (and the one I used for the trials) is c. Forward> BC and then aim at the direction 8 9 9 3 (anime game notation) in the corner. When you point it up to 8 it should juggle the dummy and just quickly finish inputting the other directions before he falls out.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Maining Felicia right now and alt'ing with Q. Bee.

I love Felicia's maneuverability. Feels so good trolling people online by wall jumping all over the place :lol.

Maining Felicia right now and alt'ing with Q. Bee.

I love Felicia's maneuverability. Feels so good trolling people online by wall jumping all over the place :lol.

I hate that, it leads to time overs once in a while. I signed up to play VSav, not SFxT.

Nyoro SF

This game is a lot of fun to play. Just gotta throw that out there. Even against pros. Must be the animation and god-tier music.

ScOULaris

Timeouts in VS?

I can honestly say I've never participated or witnessed such a travesty.
Then you've never played a match against Bucca's Felicia. I have, and it's like playing a game of keep-away. Although I'd probably be able to prevent that from happening if I wasn't such a scrub at this game.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Then you've never played a match against Bucca's Felicia. I have, and it's like playing a game of keep-away. Although I'd probably be able to prevent that from happening if I wasn't such a scrub at this game.

Love you too, brah.

I'm sure as I get better I'll rushdown more. I've never played Darkstalkers in my life and I've had half a day with the game. I try not to play keep away, I use the wall jump to escape corner pressure and to close distance gaps. However, this does indeed make time-outs occur which I'm not too fond of, but hey I've only had a few hours with the game, maybe more. I'm sure I'll get better with time.

Timeouts in VS?

I've had a few timeouts online actually, haha. Me/Morrigan vs Jedahs and Demitris I think. We werent very good, lol.

I saw some one on the archives of that super arcade tourny as well.

Rotanibor

Hosting and setting up that Super Arcade tournament on Friday ago totally burned me out and I spent most of yesterday asleep. Hope everybody enjoyed it and got a lot from it.

I may do a lobby with a stream on 360 later tonight for those interested.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Hosting and setting up that Super Arcade tournament on Friday ago totally burned me out and I spent most of yesterday asleep. Hope everybody enjoyed it and got a lot from it.

I may do a lobby with a stream on 360 later tonight for those interested.

Good stuff, hopefully some other gaffers want in on this.

Morris

Disco Devil
Good games onemic. You figured out how to avoid the bubble pretty fast :p

I don't know how to play Demitri so I can't give you any tips other than use Guard Cancel when under pressure a lot more. His GC is godlike.

Onemic

Good games onemic. You figured out how to avoid the bubble pretty fast :p

I don't know how to play Demitri so I can't give you any tips other than use Guard Cancel when under pressure a lot more. His GC is godlike.

I try to srk out of your blockstrings, but nothing ever comes out(except that random time I GC'd your gas :/) Is it just a timing/speed issue?

Bish is actually my main atm. I just hit up the lab on the first day with Demitri and learned how to do the dashing demon and the jumping forward to Midnight bliss, making him my best guy to use in player matches for now. Bish looks like he will take me months to even get into semi playable state due to all his links and combos into ES spirit being a pain in the ass to get down.

I don't understand how this is T and Guilty Gear was M.
Teenagers couldn't be exposed to a game this awesome and insane.
There was a Morrigan trial in DR that gave me problems. It was cr lk, cr hp to her super (lp lp -> lk hp) There must be some trick right?
You have to input it pretty fast.
The "trick" to everything in VSav lol.
Oh and I just now noticed the eye in the foot of the uh 'baby thing' in Jedah's stage lol.
Fetus of God looks absolutely amazing on my ASUS VW246H. Much nicer than it did on the laptop. Too bad we'll never see a new version done in 2D art professionally again.
Take a look at how Morrigan/Aensland Castle look in TvC (via Dolphin) for a sample of how good a new Darkstalkers *could* look.
Is there a particular video you'd like to share as proof?
If a Felicia player's getting time outs, they're doing something wrong.
Playing Felicia is like playing a bundle of hitboxes with really good runaway options. You have to be completely on top of her and jump ins are a big no no. Really annoying matchup for some characters.
I hate that, it leads to time overs once in a while. I signed up to play VSav, not SFxT.
Timeouts in VS?

It's happening here and there with a new generation of players involved in the game. I fought a Bishamon two days ago that spent the whole match tossing out ghosts from the corner. I normally would have made mincemeat out of that sort of play, but barely being able to TRH made me lose the match by a hair. Looking forward to ranked again if the new converter allows me to use the DS2's D-pad.
Some chars don't have to rushdown.
Yeah, if the opponent sucks.

GGs Soused, not being able to get Luminous Illusion combos out with Lilith was frustrating me beyond belief. Went into training mode immediately after our matches. :p

GGs Soused, not being able to get Luminous Illusion combos out with Lilith was frustrating me beyond belief. Went into training mode immediately after our matches. :p

GGs to you, Disco.

Eventually, I'm going to have to pick up more than one character, if only to memorize what their options are. I had no idea what was going on when I first played your Lilith; then after 5 matches of walking straight into her throw, I went "oh wait, Lilith players tend to go for frametraps and links into her supers - that's what I'm supposed to be avoiding."

And now I'm in training mode, too :p

Dachande

Gihh, I was going to get the disc version of this, but it's more than double the price as the download version, so I couldn't really justify it, so I've just gone for digital.

Good port, other than the usual Iron Galaxy complaints of no attract mode (the videos aren't the same, they cut off the end logo AND THAT'S IMPORTANT) and not using the original artwork in menus. (seriously, the Udon artwork is butts. sorry.)

I'm 'Dache' on PSN if anyone wants to add me for some matches, although I'll be at work over the next few nights...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Gihh, I was going to get the disc version of this, but it's more than double the price as the download version, so I couldn't really justify it, so I've just gone for digital.

Good port, other than the usual Iron Galaxy complaints of no attract mode (the videos aren't the same, they cut off the end logo AND THAT'S IMPORTANT) and not using the original artwork in menus. (seriously, the Udon artwork is butts. sorry.)

I'm 'Dache' on PSN if anyone wants to add me for some matches, although I'll be at work over the next few nights...

here ya go, from da op:

This release features art by Stanley Lau, whose art was added into the actual games, however you can revert to the original in-game art via the options menu.

Imm0rt4l

Haven't got a chance to spend more than 30 minutes with the game, but will be playing tomorrow. Gonna be using BB Hoodrat.

Beckx

My JP e-capcom limited edition arrived today for 360. For those curious, it is region locked. There's no special packaging for the limited edition, just a CD in a clear jewel case (edit: the back of the case has a full color illo of the same art that's on the CD (cd art is not full color) and the normal JP box.

I've played through Arcade mode on both VS and DS3 a couple of times, but I'm so close to getting the last couple of achievements in MVsC:O that I've gone back to that for a bit (finishing MVsC1 with all characters is a timesink).

Really enjoyed what I did play of DSR so far though... not looking forward to getting decimated online. Ranked achievements are my achilles heel (still need to go back to SFII:HF and SSFII:HDR as I only have the ranked achievements left to 200/200 them).

FML

Dwingvatt

Banned
I've played through Arcade mode on both VS and DS3 a couple of times, but I'm so close to getting the last couple of achievements in MVsC:O that I've gone back to that for a bit (finishing MVsC1 with all characters is a timesink).

Really enjoyed what I did play of DSR so far though... not looking forward to getting decimated online. Ranked achievements are my achilles heel (still need to go back to SFII:HF and SSFII:HDR as I only have the ranked achievements left to 200/200 them).

Is Marvel Origins worth getting at 1200 points? I only bought DS Resurrection because I'm a big fan of the series. I love the Marvel series but not as much as DS.

Is Marvel Origins worth getting at 1200 points? I only bought DS Resurrection because I'm a big fan of the series. I love the Marvel series but not as much as DS.

Download the trial. I certainly got my 1200pts out of it, and I'd only ever played MSH back in the day.

MVsC is pretty fast paced, and can get manic when you have Duo Team Attacks going with both your characters with unlimited meters on screen, especially if your opponants pull off the same thing.

Also, MVsC has the classic 6 button layout as opposed to MVsC2/3 with 4 buttons and 2 assists, so it still feels very classic.

I like it.

ScOULaris

I don't think so. Marvel 2 pretty much improved on the earlier games all-around, so picking that up for online play would probably be the better option. I don't know how active Marvel Origins is online either.

Top Bottom