• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good this thread sure isn't lacking redpiller level personal.
Seriously, the false equivalence... almost nobody look like David Gandy or Adriana Lima. But most of us average plebs manage fine in life. Why can't you?

gaiages

Banned
Seriously, the false equivalence... almost nobody look like David Gandy or Adriana Lima. But most of us average plebs manage fine in life. Why can't you?

Obviously because you have $$$$ or the women you are getting with are just defeated and can't get anyone else amirite

I can't believe the crazy ass mindset of people like him

EDIT: Oh geez... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381908

So a customer at my work who's been giving me complements and subtle signs of interest for maybe over a year now (i'm just guessing) asked me for a hug and then gave me her number and suggested we get coffee over the weekend. I did not ask for her number, but I took it and told her i'll text her later. I texted her later that day as I said, just to say hi and made sure it was her number. (I deleted the text but i'll try to remember it as well as possible) I texted her about 6:30 saying "Hi this is that bald guy whose number you gave to! Just making sure I typed your number in right" then I put my phone away because I was at my second job, so an hour later I check my phone to see she texted me back immediately saying something like "lol i wet my pants ur so funny" to which I replyed "Are you mocking me?! Sorry it took me a bit to reply back i'm at my second job. How's your day?" Then I got nothing. No response. So, I didn't think much of if at first, then the next day, Thursday, I texted her asking her if she's free Friday afternoon for coffee... and then nothing! No response again. I haven't texted her since and I actually deleted her number in my phone & the messages but I'm halfway thinking of texting her tomorrow something like "hey, where'd you go??" But honestly this situation is entirely bizarre to me. Any thoughts, Suggestions or advice would be very welcome!

gaiages

Banned
So a customer at my work who's been giving me complements and subtle signs of interest for maybe over a year now (i'm just guessing) asked me for a hug and then gave me her number and suggested we get coffee over the weekend. I did not ask for her number, but I took it and told her i'll text her later. I texted her later that day as I said, just to say hi and made sure it was her number. (I deleted the text but i'll try to remember it as well as possible) I texted her about 6:30 saying "Hi this is that bald guy whose number you gave to! Just making sure I typed your number in right" then I put my phone away because I was at my second job, so an hour later I check my phone to see she texted me back immediately saying something like "lol i wet my pants ur so funny" to which I replyed "Are you mocking me?! Sorry it took me a bit to reply back i'm at my second job. How's your day?" Then I got nothing. No response. So, I didn't think much of if at first, then the next day, Thursday, I texted her asking her if she's free Friday afternoon for coffee... and then nothing! No response again. I haven't texted her since and I actually deleted her number in my phone & the messages but I'm halfway thinking of texting her tomorrow something like "hey, where'd you go??" But honestly this situation is entirely bizarre to me. Any thoughts, Suggestions or advice would be very welcome!

That is a little weird, but sounds like she changed her mind or something. Just keep on trucking and don't worry about it, I wouldn't bother sending anymore messages unless she texts back.

gaiages

Banned
Oh god we've come full circle and the guy in here is posting in there.

The cycle goes like this usually, though it can start anywhere:

Post in Dating GAF
Make own dating thread, hoping for confirmation bias
Posts in others' dating threads, oftentimes with their toxic mindsets that get called out
Disappear for a bit
Repeat until eventually getting bored or banned

Other alternatives include going to the Mental Health thread and ranting there, and while... I'm glad that OT exists, it's really a massive echo chamber of negativity a lot of times, so that doesn't help matters.

I think I have too much free time...

So the girl that I was hitting it off with apparently got sick this week (bad allergies) so we missed our Wednesday date. I asked her how she felt Friday and she said better but still not completely.

Considering how badly it went for me texting the previous girl I really don't want to bug the shit out of this one asking, "so, uh, when can we go out again?" but I'm not sure what else to do lol

Do I text her and ask her to let me know when she feels better so we can go out again?

Do I just let things sit and let her text me to initiate at this point since she canceled the last one?

Do I text her and just propose another date outright and see what she says?

gaiages

Banned
Exactly why I stopped frequenting there to post/help folks. Actually it's why I stopped coming in this thread as well for a long while haha.

I do not blame you on either case, I've had to take breaks from Dating GAF too, though I always come back
for the entertainment
. Mental Health I tried for a short amount of time but the posts would legit make me super sad and I also noticed people asking for advice weren't really answered (which is also sad because they would ask for like help with mentally ill family and stuff), so I just check it from time to time when I see it float to the top. There's a lot of the same users in both threads, which helps to enlighten on their problems a bit better, at least...

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...

Post in Dating GAF
Posts in others' dating threads, oftentimes with their toxic mindsets that get called out
Disappear for a bit

Other alternatives include going to the Mental Health thread and ranting there, and while... I'm glad that OT exists, it's really a massive echo chamber of negativity a lot of times, so that doesn't help matters.

You really know how to cut right to the core of a person, jeez. I hadn't even posted in the mental health thread yet, just had thoughts of it.

Post in Dating GAF
Disappear for a bit

We're seeing an unusual spike in the maladjusted males these weeks due to frisky springtime feelings they can't act on leading to bitterness to those that can get partners.

Leeness

Post in Dating GAF
Disappear for a bit

That sounds about right...

Sigh.

artsi

Met the 14 years older woman yesterday, I think we clicked pretty well and I'm seeing her again soon. She's a true cougar lol.
There's also this girl my own age who seems very eager, she started the convo on tinder too and I'm meeting her this weekend.

Interestingly, my married (with kids) co-worker seems to somehow pity me that I "have" to date all these women.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Met the 14 years old woman yesterday, I think we clicked pretty well and I'm seeing her again soon. She's a true cougar lol.
There's also this girl my own age who seems very eager, she started the convo on tinder too and I'm meeting her this weekend.

Interestingly, my married (with kids) co-worker seems to somehow pity me that I "have" to date all these women.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

.... OH

14 years OLDER

I was very concerned that a 14 year old girl was a "cougar" to you

Azerare

If only these apps stayed consistent for me. Just been getting duds lately. I think I may just stay away for a bit and come back with a fresh mind.

If only these apps stayed consistent for me. Just been getting duds lately. I think I may just stay away for a bit and come back with a fresh mind.

You've got to keep the profile fresh, delete and restart. Work on better pictures and better text. It's not fire and forget, you need to be pro-active.

Went to a certain kind of place here this weekend with my friend and his boss. This kinda place is... not shady as there are many and nothing weird in particular happens but its a bit strange. Ladies get in free and get to drink and hangout free. Men have to pay every 10 minutes to be there and the ladies basically sit with the guys if they think they are good looking and what not, or heck maybe the staff will ask them to go sit with people if some dudes point them out. If the ladies come the price goes up a bit for the dudes every 10 minutes.

Once again nothing strange happens other than that. Kinda like a weird speed dating but not really ... bar. It was pretty damn fun though! the ladies that were there turned out to be really cool. Met one lady who is a banker (The banker ladies have really cute uniforms here!) who also wants to be a pro Overwatch player haha. Other ladies were pretty fun too and were not boring. None were my type right off the bat but I got a few contacts to go out drinking with us again sometime next week.

Only down side was on the way out, slightly drunkenly I read the sign finally and noticed the age limits.... 18 for men, 15 for ladies @.@
-sigh Japan man-

I'm very sure none of the ladies there were that young, at least not that night. But dayum sometimes I forget shit like that exists here. Thankfully we were there pretty late so did not run into any kids but geeze. All the ladies I talked too that night were over 30 though lol so -shrug- Friend that took me said hes never seen any ladies under 20 there (the drinking age) but he doesn't doubt thats how it was maybe back in the 90s and 80s. @.@

Kevtones

Nah, I realized I was being an idiot and it's already too late for surgery. Can't afford to waste what little of my youth I have left swollen from recovery. And I'm not looking for pity. I just realized it's not going to be until I'm 24/25 that I've potentially looksmaxed to an acceptable level. Just wanted to know how much of an uphill battle I had once I got there.

You sound like a mess man. You're caught up in expectations and a need for control tied to 'maximizing' some bullshit pseudo-science relating to your looks. Be yourself; ugly, handsome, skinny, fat - whatever the fuck. You're so painfully uncomfortable in your own skin that a well-meaning woman who could be attracted to you won't ever be.

Ask yourself: in what way, in what universe, is your self-pitying science-con artist version of love or wooing in any way sustainable or gratifying? Get over yourself, start listening, and stop blaming your fucking bone structure for your inability to put it together.

daffy

Banned
came in here hoping for some fallout from the numbers thread. oh well

anyway its finally cuffing season. Months and months have led to this next few months. Good luck gaf. SHOOT YOUR SHOT

Look at this guy that married Adriana Lima
Adriana-Lima-Marco-Jaric-at-an-event.jpg

One might say that his eyes being really close together is an insurmountable bad feature (well, someone in this thread would). But he has other things going for him, obviously.
But I must admit that when I googled it I thought - "Him?"
Also check out Dennis Kucinich and his wife, plus a number of other couples (Shania Twain and "Mutt" Lange) that have a dude who isn't quite up to the looks of their partner. In my opinion, of course.

Went to a certain kind of place here this weekend with my friend and his boss. This kinda place is... not shady as there are many and nothing weird in particular happens but its a bit strange. Ladies get in free and get to drink and hangout free. Men have to pay every 10 minutes to be there and the ladies basically sit with the guys if they think they are good looking and what not, or heck maybe the staff will ask them to go sit with people if some dudes point them out. If the ladies come the price goes up a bit for the dudes every 10 minutes.

Aside from the 15 year olds, this sounds like fun. You're in Tokyo? You gotta take me next time I'm there :)

daffy

Banned
nah cuffing season is from June-September and then October is when you figure out which prisoner to keep and which to just have on snapchat

Aside from the 15 year olds, this sounds like fun. You're in Tokyo? You gotta take me next time I'm there :)

I'm in Kyuushu (Kagoshima area) but yeah its a fun set up. I talked about those places before with friends and we always joked about going (Japanese friends that is) and they wanted me to go cause it would be easier to get ladies to come with a foreigner haha. Though I would say it does not hurt that they are what I would say is handsome too.

Definitely beats going to some crap hostess club and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Does anyone have any book recommendations on finding people to date?

Seems like I don't really know where to find dates in person. I don't really want to go to bars or do online.

Does anyone have any book recommendations on finding people to date?

Seems like I don't really know where to find dates in person. I don't really want to go to bars or do online.

As Bacon said, read the OP. Read Models by Mark Manson.
If you have access to your avatar dog, take a cute pic with it and reap the rewards on Tinder.

Because it's easier to believe their toxic attitude isn't the reason why no-one will give them the time of day.

Oh I'm ugly, oh my cheekbones are recessed, oh I don't have lots of money, oh, oh, oh... pathetic assholes constantly looking for anything to blame but themselves for their lack of relationship success.

Then they come in here thinking oh it's a gaming from like 4chan and voat and reddit, I can post all my bile and self pity bullshit to other like minded people and we can bitch about how women have unrealistic standards and how they never want a 'nice guy' all the while jerking off into a fleshlight with anime playing in the background.

Can't even pity these fuckers.

Then they come in here thinking oh it's a gaming from like 4chan and voat and reddit, I can post all my bile and self pity bullshit to other like minded people and we can bitch about how women have unrealistic standards and how they never want a 'nice guy' all the while jerking off into a fleshlight with anime playing in the background.

Can't even pity these fuckers.

They came to the part of the beach were all the buff bad guys hang out with thier hot girlfriends and find the sands gonna get kicked in thier faces*.

*Topic contains no bad boys, beaches and buffness is measured on the Zackie scale.

.... OH

14 years OLDER

Yeah I literally almost choked on my food when I read that part hahaha

*Topic contains no bad boys, beaches and buffness is measured on the Zackie scale.

Hey, beach dates are a thing that get talked about.

Also I can't think of Zachie's buffness, gets me too flustered 😳

What is with this month and all the assholes flocking to this thread

😕 Oh good, the thread isn't usually like this?

Something tells me your dating problems don't have to do with your age.

It's his lack of confidence regarding his looks. First talking about surgery in this thread and earlier today he was in the "male stars are too buff" thread asking how many hormones and roids he'd need to get ripped, starting from no muscle development.

Well. I went out with my friends, including my friend's husband -- they're the cutest couple ever, and I promised to take care of the friend while his husband is in Afghanistan -- and, uh, the first judge I practiced before, who's now a baby gay. Plus my bestie.

Uh, I can't remember the last time I met someone at a bar. But I did. Just completely gorgeous. Fast forward a little: all of us, including the girl's gay friend and her bestie. So, naturally, we're at a gay club.

I realize that it's 5am and I'm still drunkish, but we made out all night; she actually texted me when she got home (I did too, so it was simultaneous fuckery); and we have super tentative plans for next weekend.

It was all, from her end, "I like you" and "I like kissing you."

Ordinarily I'd say shit like, if nothing comes of it, this still counts as a win, and it is, but... I'm going to try to make this happen. I just got a good vibe.

They came to the part of the beach were all the buff bad guys hang out with thier hot girlfriends and find the sands gonna get kicked in thier faces*.

Hey, beach dates are a thing that get talked about.

Also I can't think of Zachie's buffness, gets me too flustered 😳

💪😧🤳
You haven't lived until you've seen me exit a swimming pool or ocean dripping wet

Peltz

I think he wants her to split up with him so he does not have to do it himself, confront the parents or his commitment issues and cite "reasons" and play the victim.
I don't know about victim stuff, but I think I'm just dreading breaking up with someone I love. Deep down I think I know it's not going to work out.

I'm going to break up with her today.

I think you got ghosted cowboy.

I don't know about victim stuff, but I think I'm just dreading breaking up with someone I love. Deep down I think I know it's not going to work out.

"victim of circumstance" or similar. Your reasoning for why "it might" not work some way in the future is insane and could be applied to any person you have a relationship with. You're never going to find a woman that comes with a lifetime satisfaction guaranteed label on her ass.

Have you tried communicating with her about it? Like if you love her maybe it's time you actually be honest with her about it.

Peltz

"victim of circumstance" or similar. Your reasoning for why "it might" not work some way in the future is insane and could be applied to any person you have a relationship with. You're never going to find a woman that comes with a lifetime satisfaction guaranteed label on her ass.
Yea... true. I just need to trust my gut on this. And my gut is telling me she just doesn't truly fit in my life long term.

Yea... true. I just need to trust my gut on this. And my gut is telling me she just doesn't truly fit in my life long term.

You've surely heard the phrase building a life together?

Peltz: This is my life plan and if I follow it to the letter I'm guaranteed success and happiness.
Life: That's a real nice plan you've got there, be a shame if something were to happen to it.

Deitus

I don't have the full context for what issues are preventing her from fitting.

But it also seems like you never actually gave her a fair shot to truly figure out if you work or not. By refusing to be exclusive with her on the notion that you need to keep your options open, you were keeping her at a distance and preventing the relationship from going deeper. Not to mention hurting her to protect your own feelings.

Maybe breaking up is the right call here, if you truly are not compatible, or maybe you are just making excuses. No one in this thread can figure that out for you. But if you want to have a shot at finding a woman who you can be in a healthy, long term relationship with, you need to actually commit to trying to be in a real relationship and actually try to make it work. You're not going to figure out if it's a sure thing in advance. And if it doesn't work out, it's not like you're married. But if you've already decided to end things with this girl, just try to be more fair with the next girl you really like and actually give her a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom