• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
On saturday I have a date with this girl, she seems pretty promising.
After she followed me on Instagram I noticed that she's friends with this girl I've been having sex with for some time.

Not again, lol.

v7rG_f-maxage-0.gif

You should stop dating from the same knitting club bro

artsi

You should stop dating from the same knitting club bro

They're from the same small town and same age as the other 2 friends I had a thing with, I wouldn't be surprised if they all knew each other somehow.

Wouldn't that be funny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe it's a trap setup by the other girl? j/k

The other girl is whatever as she doesn't want a relationship, but I hope it's not a problem regarding this new one as she does seem to be more serious about finding a "proper" guy. I'd also like a relationship despite my adventures so far.

The bank teller is also still in play, she actively texts me, but she's been busy and we haven't been able to go on a second date yet.

Something wrong with me and Zackie both. I'm doing the gf thing again now too I guess.

I'm not sure what I'm doing but now me and that girl that studies overseas and said she just wanted a fun summer are officially together. She left again back to Beijing today and I'm super sad. We had a great 3 days together, went to a resort a few hours from Shanghai for two days, then yesterday to Shanghai Disneyland where I didn't expect to enjoy myself at all but being with her made all the Mickey shit not just palatable but even fun! Miss her already haha... She said she'll try and come back again next week, hopefully for longer this time. Feels so good with her. I haven't been this sprung since I was 19.

Y'all are following my example.

Proudest day of a guy's life when his internet sons follow in his footsteps.

They're from the same small town and same age as the other 2 friends I had a thing with, I wouldn't be surprised if they all knew each other somehow.

Wouldn't that be funny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The other girl is whatever as she doesn't want a relationship, but I hope it's not a problem regarding this new one as she does seem to be more serious about finding a "proper" guy. I'd also like a relationship despite my adventures so far.

The bank teller is also still in play, she actively texts me, but she's been busy and we haven't been able to go on a second date yet.

They've talked about you and probably in great detail, so keep that in mind.

slaifer

Neo Member
Damn. I was gonna wait for my crush to fade away when the girl was gonna move out of the building in the next few weeks but she told me she's renewing DAMN.

She keeps messaging me, she even cooked for me with her roommate the other day, keeps telling me all these places where she wants to go, all these movies that she wants to watch etc... she even tells me she's having fun evenings with me. Last weekend after they cooked for me, me and her go meet some of my friends and have some drinks, starts getting more "warm" towards me and everyone pretty much repeats again that she likes me. DAMN. I keep wondering why she does this even though she says she has a non official boyfriend.

Funny thing is, I've noticed her behaviour when she gets phone calls from this guy. She walks away from everyone and speaks quietly, she comes back and she's always sad.

Argh, gonna talk to her once and for all when there's a chance because I'm fed up with this.

PS: I started talking to another girl, she seems cool, might ask her out soon.

Damn. I was gonna wait for my crush to fade away when the girl was gonna move out of the building in the next few weeks but she told me she's renewing DAMN.

She keeps messaging me, she even cooked for me with her roommate the other day, keeps telling me all these places where she wants to go, all these movies that she wants to watch etc... she even tells me she's having fun evenings with me. Last weekend after they cooked for me, me and her go meet some of my friends and have some drinks, starts getting more "warm" towards me and everyone pretty much repeats again that she likes me. DAMN. I keep wondering why she does this even though she says she has a non official boyfriend.

Funny thing is, I've noticed her behaviour when she gets phone calls from this guy. She walks away from everyone and speaks quietly, she comes back and she's always sad.

Argh, gonna talk to her once and for all when there's a chance because I'm fed up with this.

Forget her. Focus on her friends haha. Until she dumps this dude (if she dumps this dude) just focus on other people. All you can really do if not seeing her isn't an option. (It is an option for reference. Living in the same building doesn't mean you have to hangout)

This is all stuff that friends do with each other. You need to realize that from her perspective.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

OK, so she's just "Talking" to someone. To me that means she likes attention, and won't commit to anyone because she likes the freedom of being able to get attention from multiple guys. Like you. I would back off, unless you like/can handle the proposal of having her as a friend that you won't be able to date.

Take that other girl on a date, and make it snappy.

vern

I'm planning to be in a stable relationship before the summer ends though.

1cQteLY.png

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. Or something like that.

I'm planning to be with this girl til I'm as bald and fat zackie, but knowing my history I'll probably be single again next week.

I thought I had a date this weekend, now can't even seem to have a conversation with the woman I've been texting lately. Ugh...guess I have a date with Persona 5 this weekend.

Llyranor

She's a grown woman and you don't need to save her from her bf that supposedly makes her 'sad' after she talks to him over the phone (and this is very likely your biased lust-fuelled impression - anything that'll convince you she's unhappy and that you have a chance). She likes the attention you give her without you being her bf. Like Zackie says, classic friendzone.

gaiages

Banned
Thinking about setting up an online dating profile on Tinder and some other site relatively popular in Australia (haven't decided yet lol) in a few weeks. Reason for the few weeks is that I stupidly bit through part of my lip like 4 days ago and I want it to heal normally before I take decent pictures.

Was wanting some advice on the following couple questions:

1. Transport is relatively important where I live. You definitely can't rely on public transport all the time unless you ride a bike, don't go out late at night or are never in a rush, anyway. I ride a motorcycle but don't currently own a car (Might get one soon, I'm in no rush), should I mention that in the profile? The last date I went on 2 weeks ago, the girl I was talking to seemed pretty disappointed that I didn't own a car. I'll be mentioning that I ride or putting up one of my pics from riding anyway, I don't want to date someone who hates motorcycles.

2. The group photo. I hang out with my mates a bunch but we rarely do the group photo thing, unless we're drunk, at which point we all look like trash anyway. I guess my question is how important is having a group photo? Should I ask my friends to do a group photo next time I see them and we're all relatively sober?

3. I'm trying to get out (Talking with some mates who also need to move), but I'm still living with my parents. Once I finish studying this year, I'll be back to working full time and will definitely be earning enough to move out. I know this is a pretty damn unappealing quality, so my question is how to address this when it inevitably comes up. I'm guessing I should just say that I've said here? Idk.

Cheers.

1. As much as it sucks, yeah, probably. It's a shitty metric to be judged by (as you DO have some form of transportation), but better to weed the ones that think a car is a must before even having to talk to them. I live in the same type of area as you and only recently got a car myself so I understand that struggle. Even went I had a scooter for a bit (college town so they're relatively popular) people were still like "eh...." about it lol

2. Group photos are always nice, might as well ask for one when y'all can get together next. It's not the end all be all but the more good pics the better!

3. Yeah, pretty much. "I'm living with my parents atm for school but plan on moving out in the next few months", or insert whatever amount of time it is. Generally a good person will look past bad living arrangements if you have a good reason (caring for a sick family member, school full time, etc), and those that don't... well, screw them :p

Something wrong with me and Zackie both. I'm doing the gf thing again now too I guess.

I'm not sure what I'm doing but now me and that girl that studies overseas and said she just wanted a fun summer are officially together. She left again back to Beijing today and I'm super sad. We had a great 3 days together, went to a resort a few hours from Shanghai for two days, then yesterday to Shanghai Disneyland where I didn't expect to enjoy myself at all but being with her made all the Mickey shit not just palatable but even fun! Miss her already haha... She said she'll try and come back again next week, hopefully for longer this time. Feels so good with her. I haven't been this sprung since I was 19.

Oh man look at you guys

Getting into relationships and all that

It's so cute :D

I thought I had a date this weekend, now can't even seem to have a conversation with the woman I've been texting lately. Ugh...guess I have a date with Persona 5 this weekend.

Makoto will never ghost you

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Tbh I only really feel bad for Washington fans lmao. Every year is their year
lmao

The Washington Capitals walk into a bar. Everybody orders a drink. They finish drinking, and they have another. The bartender asks if they want to start a tab. Ovechkin comes out and says "No thanks, we always stop at the second round."

The Washington Capitals walk into a bar. Everybody orders a drink. They finish drinking, and they have another. The bartender asks if they want to start a tab. Ovechkin comes out and says "No thanks, we always stop at the second round."

😂😂😂

Holy shit. I'm using this with the Masshole girl.

Makoto will never ghost you
Sad but true. I'd like to assume she was busy cause it's her first day back after like a three day vacation and she was just swamped, but that's still not really an excuse to A)ignore my question if we're still meeting up from the previous day and B) just drop out of a conversation the next day as well. Seems like I should just leave her alone for a bit.

Leeness

Congrats Vern ☺️

With Zackie and Vern almost off the market, it'll just be artsi who'll be our eternally eligible bachelor? 😉

Me? I'll always be eligible...just will never bring you all fun stories about dating.

Tbh I only really feel bad for Washington fans lmao. Every year is their year
lmao

Canucks tho :(
We suck.

😂😂😂😂

Canucks tho :(
We suck.

Yeah but sports are cyclical. Periods of being good. Periods of sucking. You guys got to the Cup some years back
Then trashed shit lolol

With Washington it's just false belief every year will be their year. They're the Clippers of the NHL and Ovechkin is basically Chris Paul.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I was broken up with on Saturday. Lasted less than 2 months. The whole thing was pretty awful. She flirted with me so intensely and talked to me so much, then when I asked her out she said yes. We start dating and she backed way off, got very quiet, stopped texting me much at all. It got weird. Then finally after weeks of awkwardness she breaks up with me and says she doesn't like me as much as I like her. Then after I get home she texts me nonstop for hours, saying how nice it is to talk to me again. What the fuck? I didn't even feel much of anything toward her until she was all over me, so I respond to that and she hates it. Then we're back on again like 30 minutes after she kills it.

Fuck relationships. I can't play these games.

Question for all you LTR gurus out there: anybody have trouble sleeping well with your significant other? My gf spent the night for the first time on a work night last night and I am absolutely dead this morning. She fidgets and makes noises in her sleep and can also go to sleep at the drop of a hat. Meanwhile it takes me a good while to fall asleep and I'm a light sleeper, which means I wake up several times during the night and have trouble going back to sleep.

It's fine on weekends when there's no real schedule but getting up today for work was a problem. Any advice on this front?

As a Washington sports fan...I'm really glad I don't care about hockey. I think the Nats failing every year in the playoffs is about as much choking as I can handle.

gaiages

Banned
Question for all you LTR gurus out there: anybody have trouble sleeping well with your significant other? My gf spent the night for the first time on a work night last night and I am absolutely dead this morning. She fidgets and makes noises in her sleep and can also go to sleep at the drop of a hat. Meanwhile it takes me a good while to fall asleep and I'm a light sleeper, which means I wake up several times during the night and have trouble going back to sleep.

I'm a very light sleeper.

My boyfriend snores and is out like a light within five minutes

You figure it out

For real, though? You eventually get used to it, though the first few weeks you'll probably want to smother them with a pillow. Eventually if you hear the same things every night they'll become background noise and not bother you as much.

At the same time, though, I have sleeping issues in general, I can't blame it all on him. But I can blame some of it on him.

Source: loud boyfriend and once I had an apartment close enough to train tracks to hear the loud ass whistle, and those goddamn trains would drive by at like 2AM. fucking trains

Raven117

It's fine on weekends when there's no real schedule but getting up today for work was a problem. Any advice on this front?

You will get used to it. I used Z-quil for the first few times to help me fall asleep faster.

But yeah, its going to be a bit rough.

When my g/f moved in with me I had trouble sleeping in the same bed for about a week or so but eventually I got used to it. However, she's a very "rock" sleeper and she never moves or anything. Have you tried something like melatonin? Try taking some about a half hour-hour before going to sleep, read a book beforehand. I'm sure you'll just get used to it over time (hopefully).

Raven117

I was broken up with on Saturday. Lasted less than 2 months. The whole thing was pretty awful. She flirted with me so intensely and talked to me so much, then when I asked her out she said yes. We start dating and she backed way off, got very quiet, stopped texting me much at all. It got weird. Then finally after weeks of awkwardness she breaks up with me and says she doesn't like me as much as I like her. Then after I get home she texts me nonstop for hours, saying how nice it is to talk to me again. What the fuck? I didn't even feel much of anything toward her until she was all over me, so I respond to that and she hates it. Then we're back on again like 30 minutes after she kills it.

Then don't.

FyreWulff

cut her off and block the number and move on

Peltz

Getting separate blankets helps a lot. When you're each individually wrapped in a separate blanket there tends to be less fidgeting.

Also, each take a magnesium supplement pill before bed. It helps your muscles relax and leaves you feeling a lot less fidgety. That was a big game changer for me when girls used to keep me up.

Who has two thumbs and didn't send a song link through whatsapp to his ex after the last message from her was months ago and a really cold one? ��this guy��

Lulubop

Crazy how in everyone of these stories the dude can tell that the girl is lowkey flirting with him and they can tell they aren't really happy with their BF. Makes ya think, huh?

Crazy how in everyone of these stories the dude can tell that the girl is lowkey flirting with him and they can tell they aren't really happy with their BF. Makes ya think, huh?

Every. Single. Time. Yet, thier intuition does not seem to work on any other girl apart from the one that talks to them due to close proximity.

gaiages

Banned

Thanks to Master of None Season 2, expect more of an uptick of people wishing to live Aziz's character's life

(I really don't like the ending to Master of None Season 2, despite the episodes being generally on point)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom