• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my girl can't hang out this week. The last week of the month is super busy. Thursday and Friday shell be working until 9. She can't hang out Saturday either because of a commitment.

Just got this text

"I was wondering though if you would like to spend time out here in Irvine this coming Friday (like in a hotel)? I don't know what time I will be able to finish work, but when I finish for the day, I can spend the evening with you. Would you like that?"

Hmm. I said no I wouldn't.

That would be stupid. Of course I said yes.

WolfeTone

So my girl can't hang out this week. The last week of the month is super busy. Thursday and Friday shell be working until 9. She can't hang out Saturday either because of a commitment.

Just got this text

"I was wondering though if you would like to spend time out here in Irvine this coming Friday (like in a hotel)? I don't know what time I will be able to finish work, but when I finish for the day, I can spend the evening with you. Would you like that?"

I like how your girlfriend is proactive about planning dates and doesn't leave it to you to organize everything. You'd be surprised at how rare that quality is.

vypek

Just got this text

Oh thank goodness. Lol. This post had me fooled for a bit.

Don't forget your rubbers

Also, this.

Ledbetter

Filters? This app is confusing hahaha, the problem is this app is in English and living in Mexico in a small state doesn't help :/

I assume you also use Tinder, because that is the only dating app that people use in this country. Bumble looks like a desert and CMB is practically non-existent, haven't had the chance to use OKC.

I like how your girlfriend is proactive about planning dates and doesn't leave it to you to organize everything. You'd be surprised at how rare that quality is.

Me too. It's made the process a lot less stressful. She knows what she wants. But she's also chill and let's me take the lead.

She's pretty awesome.

Stopdoor

Do you guys think it's a good idea to have a pic without glasses if you pretty much always wear glasses? Would it be too contrived?

Just got this text

Go to the Spectrum Center in Irvine, then go back to the hotel for fun.

Good luck, my guy! To mimic what others said it's a great sign she's proactive about setting things up.

artsi

So, up in the air about potentially deciding to jump into the dating scene again, and considering I haven't changed my look over the last couple of years at all which of these two pics would make a better profile pic?

Normal curly hair...
VDyKzds.png

...Or straightened hair with an "ow the edge" black and white filter and an animal skull?
4YdU1W4.png

First one would get a swipe right from me.
Would be even nicer if your whole face was visible, though.

WolfeTone

Do you guys think it's a good idea to have a pic without glasses if you pretty much always wear glasses? Would it be too contrived?

Depends on whether you look better with or without glasses. I wear glasses but most of my photos are of me without glasses. I wear contacts on dates. Girls don't get to see me wearing glasses until a few weeks in.

I dunno. Depends. I wear glasses but I dont have any pictures with them because I don't wear them to bars or events or stuff like that where I take pictures. Personally I think you just use your best pictures glasses or not.

Stopdoor

Depends on whether you look better with or without glasses. I wear glasses but most of my photos are of me without glasses. I wear contacts on dates. Girls don't get to see me wearing glasses until a few weeks in.

I'm decently insecure about glasses even though I've used them for years, it's kind of dumb. Didn't gel with contacts. I kind of hate them but I've I learned to live with it, haha.

But yeah, one pic kind of makes sense.

Lulubop

I'm decently insecure about glasses even though I've used them for years, it's kind of dumb. Didn't gel with contacts. I kind of hate them but I've I learned to live with it, haha.

Yea, just do one w/o if you're going to wear them on dates.

Jhoan

I wear glasses and have pics with them in almost every picture save for one of me at the beach. If you wear them on a daily basis, then it would help to have pics with them on.

Kyne

play your strengths. Do you have nice eyes? If so, get some pics without the glasses.

^this dude has the right idea.

artsi

I didn't like my look with glasses, and hated contacts, so I went to Lasik surgery. Best money I've spent.

Jhoan

I have a gut feeling that my several month dry spell might come to an end on Friday night. I've been texting a 35 year old from CMB who lives in the next neighborhood over from me. We agreed to meet up on Friday night after we both get out of work and I told her that I'm going to be sweaty with a tongue emoji. I got an oh lala with a heart emoji. I'm not really looking anything long term at the moment so it works out perfectly. To the poster who lashed out at everyone for not using an emoji through text: sarcasm is hard to read; emojis are life.😆😉

I assume you also use Tinder, because that is the only dating app that people use in this country. Bumble looks like a desert and CMB is practically non-existent, haven't had the chance to use OKC.
Yeah, my luck is horrible in tinder, I think I need better pictures.

Do you live in like monterrey, Guadalajara or México City? I guess the pool is way bigger in those cities.

Salamando

You are genuinely nice and about as normal as the rest of us here...

I know you make Zackie very happy. ☺️

Awww, they should book Ray for the wedding processional music!

Going through and updating my tinder pics because it's been a while since I've done so. What's the take on using pictures with family members in them? There are a couple recent ones from my little sister's graduation weekend I like a lot, but I don't know how well those will play on there.

Do you look good in them? Is it obviously a family photo and not "me with my ex"? If you answer yes to both, you're good to go.

Going through and updating my tinder pics because it's been a while since I've done so. What's the take on using pictures with family members in them? There are a couple recent ones from my little sister's graduation weekend I like a lot, but I don't know how well those will play on there.

Just got this text

sexytimes incoming.

Definitely. I need to show her how far Mario Kart has come. It even has Tanooki Mario now.

I have to show her how good HD rumble feels.

Do I bring the dock?

If you don't have the dock you have to sit closer together so that

And yeah show her that HD rumble man

Just keep accidentally going off road

Do you live in like monterrey, Guadalajara or México City? I guess the pool is way bigger in those cities.

When I was in Oaxaca, Tinder was the only thing with people on it, and even that wasn't particularly popular. Didn't really get any matches. Had to meet girls IRL, and my Spanish is practically nonexistent.
🙄🙄🙄

These people are crazy

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah, I think Facebook will use whatever information you have stored to make suggestions for friends. Actually, I did a throwaway account just because of that with an email I don't use on my phone because I think for some reason it will start recommeding me contacts I have on Whatsapp *puts on tin foil hat*
The problem with starting dating again is it'll pull the phone numbers and put 'em as friend suggestions. I don't want to see a girl's Facebook page.
Dude yeah that's an awesome quality, way to go Mega. All of her planning has been hotel room related too >:D

Thinking about setting up an online dating profile on Tinder and some other site relatively popular in Australia (haven't decided yet lol) in a few weeks. Reason for the few weeks is that I stupidly bit through part of my lip like 4 days ago and I want it to heal normally before I take decent pictures.

Was wanting some advice on the following couple questions:

1. Transport is relatively important where I live. You definitely can't rely on public transport all the time unless you ride a bike, don't go out late at night or are never in a rush, anyway. I ride a motorcycle but don't currently own a car (Might get one soon, I'm in no rush), should I mention that in the profile? The last date I went on 2 weeks ago, the girl I was talking to seemed pretty disappointed that I didn't own a car. I'll be mentioning that I ride or putting up one of my pics from riding anyway, I don't want to date someone who hates motorcycles.

2. The group photo. I hang out with my mates a bunch but we rarely do the group photo thing, unless we're drunk, at which point we all look like trash anyway. I guess my question is how important is having a group photo? Should I ask my friends to do a group photo next time I see them and we're all relatively sober?

3. I'm trying to get out (Talking with some mates who also need to move), but I'm still living with my parents. Once I finish studying this year, I'll be back to working full time and will definitely be earning enough to move out. I know this is a pretty damn unappealing quality, so my question is how to address this when it inevitably comes up. I'm guessing I should just say that I've said here? Idk.

Cheers.

Well, blame this all on Zackie's girlfriend.

Remember that girl I kvetched about a page ago?

She texted me tonight, claiming she was remorseful for sending mixed signals; she blamed it on texting while stopped at driving. So, again, unwritten rules, this means this was either: (1) actually true, with maybe a 5% chance of truthiness; or (2) she'd given it some thought, either alone or with girlfriends, and was like, hey that dude...

Yeah. Now things are complicated. She was all, "Nope. I meant I was actually free." Meanwhile, I've got a second date scheduled for Thursday and something ambiguously talked about for "the weekend" with (admittedly) the bronze medalist.

I legit hate this. I hate the stratification. The girl in third? Well, she's smart, sexy, zero red flags, and is a genuinely decent and kind human being ... but the other two, there's something.

We'll see. It's all TBD. My biggest problem is trying to juggle recovery time, dates, and hanging out with my crazy friend (whom I also hooked up with a couple years ago) since she introduces me to music, parties, and Brazilians.

When I was in Oaxaca, Tinder was the only thing with people on it, and even that wasn't particularly popular. Didn't really get any matches. Had to meet girls IRL, and my Spanish is practically nonexistent.

These people are crazy
Damn, I guess I need to lift my lazy ass to met some girls then :(

I will keep trying to get better pictures tho

So that girl I was moving on from just told me that she is seeing someone else so that she doesnt think we should be friends or anything. And its an old friend of hers and somebody I knew and see out all the time lol. I havent talked to her in a while and was getting over it and getting myself out there again but god dammit if that didnt still hurt.

Hadnt had a smoke in a while but having one now.

I just said I figured as much and wished her the best.

Definitely wont be fucking the next one up thats for sure.

Ledbetter

Guadalajara. Where are you from? If you are in college is not that hard to go out and meet people, hang out with friends at bars and talk to girls.

vern

Something wrong with me and Zackie both. I'm doing the gf thing again now too I guess.

I'm not sure what I'm doing but now me and that girl that studies overseas and said she just wanted a fun summer are officially together. She left again back to Beijing today and I'm super sad. We had a great 3 days together, went to a resort a few hours from Shanghai for two days, then yesterday to Shanghai Disneyland where I didn't expect to enjoy myself at all but being with her made all the Mickey shit not just palatable but even fun! Miss her already haha... She said she'll try and come back again next week, hopefully for longer this time. Feels so good with her. I haven't been this sprung since I was 19.

AcridMeat

Banned
We'll see. It's all TBD. My biggest problem is trying to juggle recovery time, dates, and hanging out with my crazy friend (whom I also hooked up with a couple years ago) since she introduces me to music, parties, and Brazilians.
This is all I want in life right now. All my friends move away, fuck the expensive ass bay area.

I think I've swiped about right 400 times on Bumble and no matches so far. Shit is heartbreaking.

Same ;___;

I think the idea of Bumble is good but then I remember girls rarely like to make the first move sooooooooo

Of course I'm sure plenty of guys do well on there, just not us bro :(

*sad hug*

Something wrong with me and Zackie both. I'm doing the gf thing again now too I guess.

I'm not sure what I'm doing but now me and that girl that studies overseas and said she just wanted a fun summer are officially together. She left again back to Beijing today and I'm super sad. We had a great 3 days together, went to a resort a few hours from Shanghai for two days, then yesterday to Shanghai Disneyland where I didn't expect to enjoy myself at all but being with her made all the Mickey shit not just palatable but even fun! Miss her already haha... She said she'll try and come back again next week, hopefully for longer this time. Feels so good with her. I haven't been this sprung since I was 19.

RIP us

artsi

On saturday I have a date with this girl, she seems pretty promising.
After she followed me on Instagram I noticed that she's friends with this girl I've been having sex with for some time.

Not again, lol.

v7rG_f-maxage-0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom