• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 2 months too early to tell someone you love them?

Because I was at work today and I was thinking about her and looking at some picks of us together and I had a moment of clarity when I in fact realized that I was in love with her.

And I think I've been in love for a bit.

Lulubop

Because I was at work today and I was thinking about her and looking at some picks of us together and I had a moment of clarity when I in fact realized that I was in love with her.

Do you feel it bro? For real? Than it's ok

What if the girl you like mentions her ex boyfriend?

Last year, after a girl I really liked deaded me I was a mopey mess, even on dates. I still got action, I don't even know why. You're fine bro.

A variety of things have happened in the past 1.5-2 months that have made me call into question pretty much all my friendships (admittedly there aren't many). I have a decent number of casual friends, but no one left who wants to spend any time doing anything. I didn't actually do anything different... everyone else's preferences and priorities seem to have changed.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting shoved back to the position I found myself in nine years ago. Romantic relationships are now becoming a secondary concern. It's​ a bad feeling.

So, uh, virginity.

How do you tell someone? Should you tell them?

Everything is going well with this girl so it's going to happen sooner or later.
It's just sort of embarrassing, especially with her being younger than me (I'm 23, she's 21).

Once we get to the bedroom should I just give a casual "hey, I don't know if you care, but you should probably know I'm pretty new to this".

I'd hate for her to be disappointed by our first time, when I could have put her expectations in check beforehand y'know?

Leeness

Awww :)

Reckoner

So, uh, virginity.

Everything is going well with this girl so it's going to happen sooner or later.
It's just sort of embarrassing, especially with her being younger than me (I'm 23, she's 21).

Once we get to the bedroom should I just give a casual "hey, I don't know if you care, but you should probably know I'm pretty new to this".

I'd hate for her to be disappointed by our first time, when I could have put her expectations in check beforehand y'know?

You could tell her later if it's appropriate, but my take is to just let things roll and not worry about it. It's really not a big deal.

So, uh, virginity.

Don't bring it up. 23 isn't even that old tbh. I've known people far older who haven't had sex.

It's only a big deal of you make it a big deal.

So, uh, virginity.

If she likes you, it'll be whatever. I pretended I wasn't a virgin with my last girlfriend and we proceeded to have good sex for two years.

PaulloDEC

I've been talking to this girl for a few weeks now, and things seem to be going really well. She lives a couple of hours out of town so we've only gone on three actual dates (including one where we stayed in my town overnight together), but we're talking daily and getting on great.

A few weeks ago she invited me to stay over at hers this weekend. Flash forward to now, and I suddenly may or may not have conjunctivitis, so to negate the risk of her potentially getting it (she's a teacher in the middle of the busiest part of term) I've had to cancel. She's heading home for school holidays after this too, so it'll be another three weeks before I get another chance to see her.

Nearly a month of waiting and now I've had to cancel over the risk of passing on an ailment that I may not even have. It's the right thing to do, but man. Feels. Fucking. Bad.

So, uh, virginity.

I've done a little bit of fooling around with girls, but I'm a late bloomer (and was very awkward throughout school and that).

Your idea sounds good, and it's basically what I did. My approach to my lack of experience has always been to treat it like it isn't a big deal; if they ask, I'm upfront. If they don't, give them a brief disclaimer later and do your best.

Didn't lose mine til I was 25 by the way.

You could tell her later if it's appropriate, but my take is to just let things roll and not worry about it. It's really not a big deal.

Don't bring it up. 23 isn't even that old tbh. I've known people far older who haven't had sex.

It's only a big deal of you make it a big deal.

If she likes you, it'll be whatever. I pretended I wasn't a virgin with my last girlfriend and we proceeded to have good sex for two years.

Your idea sounds good, and it's basically what I did. My approach to my lack of experience has always been to treat it like it isn't a big deal; if they ask, I'm upfront. If they don't, give them a brief disclaimer later and do your best.

Didn't lose mine til I was 25 by the way.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm sure she won't really care so I won't stress too much.
If it seems appropriate at the time I'll say something, if not, whatever.
I'll try not to overthink :)

Texting sucks - something like Line or WeChat where you have a bunch of stickers to make your emotions clear is much better than just emoji

So, uh, virginity.

You don't need to tell her.

She'll know.

Llyranor

2 months is not too soon. But you were wondering whether you should break up with over a silly thing a few days ago. Sort out your feelings properly first.

So, uh, virginity.

Don't bring it up. If things don't go too...smoothly, tell her you were nervous (because she was too hot) or that it's been a while

ChouGoku

Hey, I am pretty oblivious to signs I think and I was wondering if I was interpreting this sign right. I work as a budtender (basically legal weed dealer) and I had pretty bad allergies last week. A girl from last week comes in and notices my allergies are better today. We are talking for a bit and as I am talking about starting to remember our last conversation she hands me her business card, shes a barber. I dont think we were talking about hair, but I don't remember all the conversations I had throughout the day. I end the convo about some haircut shit and she leaves after the transaction. She was giving me her number right? She was pretty cute. Thanks

Hey, I am pretty oblivious to signs I think and I was wondering if I was interpreting this sign right. I work as a budtender (basically legal weed dealer) and I had pretty bad allergies last week. A girl from last week comes in and notices my allergies are better today. We are talking for a bit and as I am talking about starting to remember our last conversation she hands me her business card, shes a barber. I dont think we were talking about hair, but I don't remember all the conversations I had throughout the day. I end the convo about some haircut shit and she leaves after the transaction. She was giving me her number right? She was pretty cute. Thanks

I'd think of a way to mix business and pleasure . Hey, "I wanted to come in for a haircut next week."

"Could we get dinner or a drink first? I like to know my barbers ".

Just me though. Currently super single. Does that make my advice suck?

Edit: I don't like to think of things as signs. Dont wait up for runway lights into that azz. Just ask the ladies out, and let the signs come from the date

Call her (or text her) to make an appointment for a touch-up. Perfectly valid excuse to see her and chat her up. And, there is absolutely nothing else to worry about in that scenario. No, sir. Nothing at all. :)

Sooo, recently I got a reaction from a girl I met once that made me think I'm getting profiled a lot beforehand. I'm caucasian but in that dark-skinned Italian like way, meaning if I get a tan I easily get dark, and I've always felt people would sometimes think of me as mixed due to some off-comments here and there but never payed much mind to it. Recently, it culminated in this girl sending me a link to a race-specific dating app after I texted that I was into her.

What this makes me wonder is if shouldn't I be looking at my profile in dating apps through a racial lens or something.

What better way to get discounted weed than to get an in with the dealer.

Or maybe she just wants people to come her barber place. They are paid per person's hair they cut right? They pay a fee for their 'chair' and then keep whatever they make throughout the day/week. Although I could be wrong.

Anyway, call her and set something up. Go for a haircut, start talking to her and ask her out towards the end of the cut.

You can always just ask her up front "hey, it's [name]. Can I ask why'd you leave your card with me?", then you'll find your answer whether she was picking you up or just getting a new client. Is she even experienced enough with black hair to sort you out?

Watevaman

That's when my current gf said it. Freaked me out a bit but I responded in kind. I couldn't tell you when I felt it but it definitely wasn't that early haha.

If you feel it, you feel it. Better to go for it instead of wondering.

zchen

Man, anxiety sucks.

Had three dates so far with this girl, and everything is going extremely well, but I can't help feeling that she doesn't actually like me and she's just going to up and vanish on me.
Like, there's a knot in my stomach on the days between dates.

I guess it's all those tinder dates I've met once and then never heard from again.

Just saw this and wanted to say bro I feel you. I have the same sort of anxiety and have to constantly remind myself not to over think.

Peltz

Yea, I think it's a bit too early. But maybe I'm just cynical?

I don't really know how you'd know someone on that level after 2 months.

I mean it's not like she said, "Yeah my ex boyfriend got me hooked on that music. He had an enormous penis."

LMAO peltz jeeeeeeeeez, that made me laugh out loud so hard.

I agree with everyone else. I think a mention of the Ex isn't a big deal. It's only when it's a re-occurring thing

So I'm hitting on this cashier at Ikea while I'm buying a new bed and actually doing well getting her to laugh only to find out she's married with a kid.

She was faking her laughter.

Wouldn't listen to this guy, girls with kids can laugh just the same as other people. Cool you're chatting up people in public though! FEEL THAT COURAGE GROW.

I'm feeling the same thing. I honestly don't want to put effort into online dating. I need better pics. I'm not a gross human by any measure, but my match percentage is absolutely horrible, and I don't want to lower my standards to talk to chicks online that I probably won't like in real life. Making moves this weekend and week to meet more people out in the wild :)

Wouldn't listen to this guy, girls with kids can laugh just the same as other people. Cool you're chatting up people in public though! FEEL THAT COURAGE GROW.

I'm feeling the same thing. I honestly don't want to put effort into online dating. I need better pics. I'm not a gross human by any measure, but my match percentage is absolutely horrible, and I don't want to lower my standards to talk to chicks online that I probably won't like in real life. Making moves this weekend and week to meet more people out in the wild :)
I'm gonna simultaneously hold up an L and a W. I should try speed dating. Fuck it how much worse can it possibly be than online dating.

Had another date last night. Took the dog for a walk down the river then watched a movie at mine.

Was making out on the couch when my housemate came home, so she looked at her phone and was like "Oh crap it's that late? I gotta get going." and out she went.

FML

Going to hang out when I finish work Sunday though. At the current pace I might be in for a good evening.

Ralemont

not me
I don't touch shit at gym to be honest. I was curious so I practiced. It's like I fuck up on here regardless of what I do.

I mean if you are just cracking jokes that's cool. The reason I don't hit on people at their work is because they can't get out of the situation if they aren't into it, but at the same time they kind of have to go along with it in the name of customer service. It puts them in a bind.

I mean if you are just cracking jokes that's cool. The reason I don't hit on people at their work is because they can't get out of the situation if they aren't into it, but at the same time they kind of have to go along with it in the name of customer service. It puts them in a bind.
We were talking. I was being the inoffensive part of myself and it seemed to make her laugh so I figured I would try to extend it and see if I could get more info out of her.

I don't touch shit at gym to be honest. I was curious so I practiced. It's like I fuck up on here regardless of what I do.

Yeah this thread can be kinda brutal sometimes. It's very easy for people to call you out as opposed to giving helpful advice, like the dude you quoted. I dunno maybe it's frustrated people trying to vent. You can talk to people anywhere you want. Maybe except the library :)

Yeah this thread can be kinda brutal sometimes. It's very easy for people to call you out as opposed to giving helpful advice, like the dude you quoted. I dunno maybe it's frustrated people trying to vent. You can talk to people anywhere you want. Maybe except the library :)
Another problem I seem to have is that people expect me to grow at some exponential rate so I can do things that work for them. I've always been pretty awkward socially. I can do my best to touch up some things, but I'm just shy and awkward. I think the situation that I can best relate to is an episode of Angel. He had to go into a club and start speaking to people trying to figure out who was in danger. He's awkward as all hell till he eventually has this nice conversation with Kate, someone equally as awkward and stoic. I don't exactly first impression well, but if a person can survive that awkward phase it eventually gets good. I guess what I really need to do is lessen that awkward phase.

Another problem I seem to have is that people expect me to grow at some exponential rate so I can do things that work for them. I've always been pretty awkward socially. I can do my best to touch up some things, but I'm just shy and awkward. I think the situation that I can best relate to is an episode of Angel. He had to go into a club and start speaking to people trying to figure out who was in danger. He's awkward as all hell till he eventually has this nice conversation with Kate, someone equally as awkward and stoic. I don't exactly first impression well, but if a person can survive that awkward phase it eventually gets good. I guess what I really need to do is lessen that awkward phase.

im reading a book that studies "shyness". In studies with college- age people, a majority of folks who described themselves as shy were described as at least moderately outgoing by their peers. We often describe ourselves in a way that is super self-critical.

This mirrors my own perception. When I describe myself as an introvert to my friends they are almost offended by how dumb I sound to them lol.

Give yourself a break once in awhile :)

gaiages

Banned
Oh shit we've made it past page 300

It's getting to the point where we have to think about the new OT! I think. Whatever.

Anyone want to volunteer to make the new OT when it comes to be that time? I'd prefer it to be a regular (to make sure we done get a bunch of PUA or some shit in the OT) and someone that can type the OT in a... Uh... Not mean and blunt tone? You know what I mean.

Someone do it. Do ittttttttttt

wowzors

Oh shit we've made it past page 300

It's getting to the point where we have to think about the new OT! I think. Whatever.

Anyone want to volunteer to make the new OT when it comes to be that time? I'd prefer it to be a regular (to make sure we done get a bunch of PUA or some shit in the OT) and someone that can type the OT in a... Uh... Not mean and blunt tone? You know what I mean.

Someone do it. Do ittttttttttt

This made me laugh more than it should have.

So I got this girl that wants to meet up. No lie she is smokin. But she says she is with her best friend and asks if I have any single friends that want to join. Im like oh yeah I have lots of single guy friends. Shes like perfect, lets meet up in a bit and bring a friend. She sends me a pic of her friend and she is also smoking hot. So I send out a grpup chat to like 10 of my single guy friends and every single guy says no they are just guna stay in. Nobody works tomorrow. What the fuck. Now I have to go it alone and think of an excuse as to why I have so many lame ass friends.

Actually I am the only one that has to work tomorrow. At 7am.

Edit: I got one maybe. But still. Id be all over that shit. Lame ass motherfuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom