• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Sim Community Game-Along: A waifu for you, A husbando for me!

Are there any new dating simulator games these days? ( as in English translation or localisation.)

I'm referring to sims like True Love, Love Plus, and not the usual VNs that we usually get from the community.

BfcZlk1CAAAP2vA.jpg

Was testing out my new Dreamcast yesterday and made the mistake of popping in Sakura Wars 3.

So now I'm playing Sakura Wars 3. WHOOPS.

This game is still so good.

RocBase

I've been meaning to play Sweet Fuse so guess I'll go with that as my choice. Unless Persona counts, this will be my first otome! I've really only ever played the few BLVNs that are available in English
and still need to finish most of them lol

apricot

Are there any new dating simulator games these days? ( as in English translation or localisation.)

I'm referring to sims like True Love, Love Plus, and not the usual VNs that we usually get from the community.

Unfortunately, I don't think so... Everything translated so far has been done by fans, nothing official. There are a few indie romance games that have simulation elements, and Long Live the Queen is definitely heavy on the simulation, but that one has next to no romance. It's a shame! Not sure why that is, either, as I think simulation games would have more appeal than visual novels. Maybe they have even more text?

Jintor

I don't think you should get too hung up on the dating-sim-or-vn thing, really. As long as it's, you know, in the general wheelhouse.

sensui-tomo

i'd just like a good list of good dating sims that are in english, official or fan translated, that are not otomes(that samurai one was the only okay one imo) something like true love or heck that one eroge that almost alot of people played (something something drug that never sleeps? 3 girls in it, druggy, rich, abuse girl) the more characters the better,

todd360

I started rewrite. I'm still on the common route. Akane seems awesome.

I have only read katawa shoujo and little busters so I'm a noob.

Little Busters may be the greatest thing ever. Dat anime dat visual novel dat twist.

Sakura Wars 3 continues to be an awesome ride of nostalgia and... uh... awesome.

Oogami always dresses his best for a serious conversation.

BfjHXcgCYAAFUNL.jpg:large

I had no idea Snake was in SW3.

BfjEw8qCAAAcGTe.jpg:large

Well... I guess it's time to find a decent translation of Hunks Workshop. (DONT GOOGLE THAT, GAF)
Wow, I never thought I'd see this game mentioned on GAF. The memories~ <3

You should keep an eye on Super Health Club if you like Hunks Work Shop! It's heavily inspired by that game.

Yuuichi

Picked this up from the post office today, my month is set.
6KfJt.jpg

Obviously, don't google at work if you can read it.

More Sakura Wars 3 craziness. I love this game way too much, especially now that I can understand it without the need to read an English script side by side. The things I used to do when I was much younger.

LIONS. SNAKE. CRAZY CONVICTS.

oni_saru

So how's everyone's wooing going? I've played a bit of Kent's route in Amnesia but that's it so far...

Started Togainu no Chi but haven't even reached the boo I will woo: Shiki :'D hoping today I can change that

As for Sweet Fuse finished Urabe's route (though that one wasn't much since my last save with him was pratically at the end) and started secret character's route since it seems short.

Westraid

I've played a few games of the genre before and I was thinking of replaying Will 'o Wisp but decided to visit my friend for some recommendations.
She is a huge otome game fan and I narrowly escaped with my life and a copy of Hakuoki after nearly dying in an avalanche of otome games.

I thought the Tokimeki games were pretty enjoyable. I never figured out the BFF endings though. Hiiro no Kakera was ok'ish, art was nice but the story didn't really interest me that much. Absolutely loved Sweet Fuse. It's not the sugary sweet ilu 4ever bb stuff, the heroine kicks butt and the story is great. Will 'o Wisp will be forever my favourite because dat art. Only game I went through all the routes to unlock every CG.

The art is so 90-00's but I found this girl so.....enticing.
Who is she?

Her name is Mel! She's one of the NPCs in Sakura Wars 3.

I also started streaming Angelique Special yesterday. It's my first time playing an otome game, but nobody told me it was equal parts dating sim and Actraiser. Hahaha.

I'm gonna get a horrible ending. I can already tell.

CrovaxPSO

I've been fumbling my way through Amagami on the Vita, mainly because I don't fully understand how the conversation system works. I did manage to get the swimsuit back-of-the-knee kissing event though, so that's great.

apricot

Absolutely loved Sweet Fuse. It's not the sugary sweet ilu 4ever bb stuff, the heroine kicks butt and the story is great. Will 'o Wisp will be forever my favourite because dat art. Only game I went through all the routes to unlock every CG.

I can tell you like Sweet Fuse from your icon! Hot dads ftw XD I actually have Will 'o Wisp for the DS, so I know what you mean about the art. Was stupid to buy it for the DS though, because the sound quality really isn't that good :/ apparently it's a bit rare now though!

the swimsuit back-of-the-knee kissing event

I'm trying to visualize what this would look like

Loona

What are the odds of someone using this month to write in english about their experiences with the japanese-only Days of Memories games?... I'm sort of vurious, but functionally illiterate enough to try.

This threads reminds me I have a still unplayed copy of Persona 3 for the PSP, which lets you pick between a male and female protagonist - I know the series has a "social links" mechanic, but no idea if it goes into actual romance territory.
I also don't know how long it'd take to finish for a beginner, and therefore if it'd be too late to start without cutting into my FFXI time.

Kirie

Just finished Tsuzuramaru's route in Ken ga Kimi (well his "best" route at least).. what a ride. Really great route imo for the "main" dude, but I still enjoyed Kuroba's route the best so far. Maybe it's because I'm such a fan of Rurouni Kenshin and there's a ton of parallels between the two lol

I absolutely adore the art in this game (would post more CG's but I don't want to spoil anyone who wants to take a stab at it)

Itsuki

I'm going to stop playing Amnesia V. Lately, I can't stand Otomate games (even if they're good) and when I play on my Vita I'm always with Demon Gaze or GE2 and I forget about Amnesia because of my Otomate hate. Instead, I'm going to play this:
QcvvJnG.jpg

I think that it's a better dating sim game and I've always wanted to play Tokimemo Girl's Side 3rd.
I hope to find my special one there <3.

Here's some screen shots of the two gay dating sims I was talking about, that are currently in production.

Super Health Club
Ku9Cc3B.jpg

Coming Out On Top
Zl2R7Cv.jpg

Remember that both are NSFW/adult games, so google at your own discretion. :)

apricot

Just finished Tsuzuramaru's route in Ken ga Kimi (well his "best" route at least).. what a ride. Really great route imo for the "main" dude, but I still enjoyed Kuroba's route the best so far. Maybe it's because I'm such a fan of Rurouni Kenshin and there's a ton of parallels between the two lol

I absolutely adore the art in this game (would post more CG's but I don't want to spoil anyone who wants to take a stab at it)

I haven't played Ken ga Kimi, but you've piqued my interest! I'll have to check it out.

I'm going to stop playing Amnesia V. Lately, I can't stand Otomate games (even if they're good) and when I play on my Vita I'm always with Demon Gaze or GE2 and I forget about Amnesia because of my Otomate hate. Instead, I'm going to play this:
QcvvJnG.jpg

I think that it's a better dating sim game and I've always wanted to play Tokimemo Girl's Side 3rd.

TokiMemo Girl's Side 3 is probably my favorite dating sim. I actually don't really like the guys all that much, but it's a lot of fun to play

That gives me a Sprung vibe.

That's not a compliment. But I guess the options are kind of limited in that field.
If you are talking about the second screen shot (Coming Out On Top), it's nothing like Sprung at all.

There's actually a demo of the game already released, and the writing is really good. (Though again, it's definitely for adults.)

Westraid

I'm not really sure about Hakuoki anymore. I like the story so far but at the same time I'm not liking it. Can't put my finger on it, but I'll try to get through at least one playthrough.
If it picks up, I'll do a few more routes. If not, I'll go back to Sweet Fuse and finish the remaining routes. Even the types that aren't my type are pretty fun in that game.

I can tell you like Sweet Fuse from your icon! Hot dads ftw XD I actually have Will 'o Wisp for the DS, so I know what you mean about the art. Was stupid to buy it for the DS though, because the sound quality really isn't that good :/ apparently it's a bit rare now though!

I'm trying to visualize what this would look like
My friend has the PS2 version and it looks and sounds much better than on the DS. Then again, the DS is regionfree and I prefer to play Visual Novels and similar on the train or away from home at least, as they can't compete with the more action based games I have at home.

QcvvJnG.jpg

Compared to the previous Tokimeki games, does it have any new/improved features? The guys didn't seem that appealing to me so when it was released, being the shallow person that I am, I didn't buy it.

cj_iwakura

I'm not really sure about Hakuoki anymore. I like the story so far but at the same time I'm not liking it. Can't put my finger on it, but I'll try to get through at least one playthrough.
If it picks up, I'll do a few more routes. If not, I'll go back to Sweet Fuse and finish the remaining routes. Even the types that aren't my type are pretty fun in that game.

Its funny, Hakuoki has a stronger story, but it gets weak near the end(even though I did enjoy the Saitou ending). Sweet Fuse is more consistent, but it doesn't reach the same highs.

Itsuki

Just finished the game. I got the ending of one of the secret characters, Shuugo Aizawa:
It was better than I thought. And I forgot that Tokimeki system is almost like Loveplus. I wish that Konami decides to revive the Tokimeki franchise......
Compared to the previous Tokimeki games, does it have any new/improved features? The guys didn't seem that appealing to me so when it was released, being the shallow person that I am, I didn't buy it.
I don't remember how the previous Tokimemo GS where since it has been ages since I played one. A friend told me that it doesn't have the rival mode and also, I saw that this time your female friends are real friends. They help you saying you the fashion that each guy likes and fortune telling.
I don't like most of the guys except some of the secret ones and the new character from the PSP version (Tatsuya Hasumi). From the showed guys I think that I only like Tamao Konno.

Westraid

Definitely haven't forgotten it, but I did kind of forget to post in the thread. :(
Really enjoyed this event, and also enjoyed reading the articles you linked. Thanks a lot!
It was nice to read about what other people played and what they thought of the games they chose. Some of the games looked pretty interesting and I'll probably pick up some of them one day.

As for my own husbando hunt, I finally beat all the routes in Sweet Fuse (Didn't get any further with Hakuoki because all the heroine does is make tea wtf). Saved Shidou's route for last, and though usually I don't care about the poster boys, I actually liked his route best. Sorry Shirabe.

I'm still missing two CGs though and I can't stand it.
It's driving me up the wall but I lack time and willingness to go through all the routes again.

Got it whoooooooooooooo. Clearning a game on a hard difficulty makes me happy but getting that last CG really had me jumping for joy wtf.
Will be giving Hakuoki a last try in the train tomorrow. Sweet Fuse for best husbando game though, I really had a blast playing it and this was the first otome game where all the characters were likeable while still being very diverse.
In other otome games I'd try to do the other routes but I'd usually quit because I didn't like the guys. In some cases I set the game on auto play, and barely pay attention to it, but Sweet Fuse had me really sitting down and playing through all the routes, only skipping the first parts of the game I'd encounter everytime.

Kirie

Is anyone else importing the new Harvest Moon game?? My order from AmiAmi shipped out early this morning, and I'm stoked! Hope it gets here early next week.

Tried looking for any new threads on it, but didn't find any. I've read a lot of impressions, and it sounds like it's a much more refined version of ANB.

Definitely haven't forgotten it, but I did kind of forget to post in the thread. :(
Really enjoyed this event, and also enjoyed reading the articles you linked. Thanks a lot!
It was nice to read about what other people played and what they thought of the games they chose. Some of the games looked pretty interesting and I'll probably pick up some of them one day.

As for my own husbando hunt, I finally beat all the routes in Sweet Fuse (Didn't get any further with Hakuoki because all the heroine does is make tea wtf). Saved Shidou's route for last, and though usually I don't care about the poster boys, I actually liked his route best. Sorry Shirabe.

I'm still missing two CGs though and I can't stand it.
It's driving me up the wall but I lack time and willingness to go through all the routes again.

Got it whoooooooooooooo. Clearning a game on a hard difficulty makes me happy but getting that last CG really had me jumping for joy wtf.
Will be giving Hakuoki a last try in the train tomorrow. Sweet Fuse for best husbando game though, I really had a blast playing it and this was the first otome game where all the characters were likeable while still being very diverse.
In other otome games I'd try to do the other routes but I'd usually quit because I didn't like the guys. In some cases I set the game on auto play, and barely pay attention to it, but Sweet Fuse had me really sitting down and playing through all the routes, only skipping the first parts of the game I'd encounter everytime.
Sweet Fuse is pretty great. I liked it a lot.

Westraid

Travelling a lot with the train today, so I've continued my Hakuoki playthrough. I'm at Chapter 8 right now and I've abandoned all hope for it to appeal to me.
I'm not saying the game is awful, but it's just not my cup of tea at all. The heroine and even the guys are just pissing me off now. The men go their merry way and whenever the heroine opens her mouth she's told to shut up, and the rest of the time she just makes tea. I can't stand it. Of course, the times were different but heck, if they threw in some fantasy at least make the heroine a little more usefull. I'm not against her being a damsel once in a while, nor am I demanding her to be the saviour of everything, but come on.

Hakuoki was going to be my main dating game for this event. I hadn't played Sweet Fuse for months when I started it so I know my disliking isn't supported by a comparison with that game. Borrowed the PSP version from my friend, and if I liked it I planned on purchasing the 3DS version for myself.

Kinda disappointed but at least I had a total blast playing the remaining routes in Sweet Fuse.

Is anyone else importing the new Harvest Moon game?? My order from AmiAmi shipped out early this morning, and I'm stoked! Hope it gets here early next week.

Tried looking for any new threads on it, but didn't find any. I've read a lot of impressions, and it sounds like it's a much more refined version of ANB.

The game looks fun! It's a lot different looking from my last HM game (FoMT), but it looks like something I'd like to play. Don't have a Japanese 3DS and not planning to get one either, so all I can do is hope it'll be released in Europe in 2018 or something. :\

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
For those of you who are willing to dabble with JP only games, I totally recommend the first Sakura Taisen game. You can get the PSP version off of Japanese PSN, and it's not a long game at all.

There are also tons of full translation guides as well if you wanna challenge yourself and enjoy a fairly simple SRPG.

I wholeheartedly support this recommendation. Esp. the PSN part, since the UMD is rubbish and takes forever to load anything.

apricot

Really glad you enjoyed it! Thank so much!

Top Bottom