• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Caspe's (Happy Endings crtr) NBC pilot starring Casey Wilson ordered to series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/nbc-picks-up-comedy-marry-me-to-series/

PREVIOUS: After three drama pickups for Fox, NBC opened its series ordering campaign with a nod to its hottest comedy pilot, Marry Me. It marks the return to primetime of Happy Endings creator David Caspe, who wrote the pilot, directed by Seth Gordon and produced by Sony TV and Jamie Tarses‘ studio-based FanFare Prods. The semi-autobiographical project, in the vein of Mad About You, stars Caspe’s real-life fiancee and Happy Endings alumna Casey Wilson. Six years ago, Annie (Wilson) and Jake (Ken Marino) bonded over their mutual love of nachos and they’ve been inseparable ever since. Now, after returning from a romantic two-week island vacation, Jake’s all set to pop the question. Before he can ask, though, Annie lets loose on Jake for his inability to commit. Not wanting to spend the next 60 years talking about that mess of a proposal, Jake and Annie decide to hold off on the engagement until they can do it right. The cast also includes Sarah Wright, John Gemberling, Tymberlee Hill and Tim Meadows. Caspe and Gordon executive produce with Tarses.

marry-me2__140507000258.jpg
large.gif

Tucah

you speak so well
It's going to be so good having a Caspe/Wilson project on TV again. Hope it's even half as good as Happy Endings was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom