• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Harbour accidentally mentions Stranger Things 3

In an interview with TMZ, Harbour spoke about the young cast growing up while on the set of Stranger Things, and the benefits of working with the young actors – who include Finn Wolfhard as Mike, Gaten Matarazzo as Dustin, and Caleb McLaughlin as Lucas in addition to Schnapp and Brown. While addressing how the cast growing up affects the shoot, Harbour said, “In season 2 and season 3 they’ll grow up, you’ll watch them grow up.” When pushed on whether season 3 has been officially ordered by Netflix, Harbour backpedaled a bit and said, “I think so, but if they hate season 2 then maybe not. But I think there’ll be a season 3.”

More at: http://screenrant.com/stranger-things-season-3-netflix/

Punch me in the face if old

Blader

They've talked about doing 4-5 seasons already. Shawn Levy even mentioned in an interview not too long about how they had too many ideas for season 2 and decided to hold back some of them for season 3.

Ithil

The creators have already talked about having plans for at least 4 seasons and a set idea of how long they want the show to go for (I think no more than 5). Five in total makes sense to me, it's a concept that can't go forever, and five years would take them to the end of the eighties and have the kids ending highschool.

Solo

The creators have already talked about having plans for at least 4 seasons and a set idea of how long they want the show to go for (I think no more than 5). Five in total makes sense to me, it's a concept that can't go forever, and five years would take them to the end of the eighties and have the kids ending highschool.

Technically 5 years would take them to 1987 if they intend to keep going year by year.

Season 3 is 1985.....I'm sure they'll have some fun with Back to the Future in that one.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Shows like these should get as many seasons done while the kids are younger. you dont want those moments with Hodor carrying a 6-4 Bran. strike while its hot

LProtag

Think they were filming 2 and 3 back to back based on this comment?

Or maybe they've just been given scripts/an outline for season 3 already?

Glass Rebel

giphy.gif

Solo

I I don't know why everyone is so worried about the kids' ages/wanting them to shoot as fast as possible. This isn't a blockbuster film franchise where you get one film every 3-4 years but only a week passes in movie-time and you've got this awkward thing where suddenly a character looks 4 years older when it's supposed to take place a week after the last film. In that case, yeah, I get the concerns.

But that isn't the case here. First of all, the kids are all playing characters the same age they are. That is key. And second, they are putting out a new season annually, where the real life passage of time matches the in-world, fictional passage of time. So in effect, the kids are aging at the same rate as their characters, so I think those concerns are unfounded with respect to Stranger Things.

I I don't know why everyone is so worried about the kids' ages/wanting them to shoot as fast as possible. This isn't a blockbuster film franchise where you get one film every 3-4 years but only a week passes in movie-time and you've got this awkward thing where suddenly a character looks 4 years older when it's supposed to take place a week after the last film. In that case, yeah, I get the concerns.

But that isn't the case here. First of all, the kids are all playing characters the same age they are. That is key. And second, they are putting out a new season annually, where the real life passage of time matches the in-world, fictional passage of time. So in effect, the kids are aging at the same rate as their characters, so I think those concerns are unfounded with respect to Stranger Things.

giphy.gif

Solo

Isn't Stranger Things like Netflix's #1 or #2 most-watched original ever? To be honest I wouldn't be shocked if they pull an OITNB and renew after S2 it for the entirety of the remainder of seasons that the Duffers want to do.

hydruxo

Isn't Stranger Things like Netflix's #1 or #2 most-watched original ever? To be honest I wouldn't be shocked if they pull an OITNB and renew after S2 it for the entirety of the remainder of seasons that the Duffers want to do.

For sure, Netflix will lock up ST for as long as the Duffers want to keep doing it. It's a pop culture phenomenon.

OH-MyCar

Season 3 will be the "make it or break it" season for me, I think. I was hyped beyond belief after season 1. Season 2? I mean I enjoyed it (apart from that episode), but it wasn't half as tight as it could have been.

The setting also felt a lot less organic and forced to me the 2nd time around. The Duffer Bros grew up a couple of hours away from where I grew up and season 1 really resonated with me in that sense. Season 2 felt like "Hey kids, remember the 80s!?" at times.

Top Bottom