• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day 1 BOMBA: Need For Speed most wanted U $29.99 on EA site

Hoodbury

Pulled already? Getting a server error when I go to the game page.

Though given that it is one of EA's servers...

Link in the OP still works for me. What browser are you using? Someone said Chrome doesn't work for some reason. I'm using Firefox and it works.

I forgot Origin was Digital River...now I'm scared this might not actually happen.

Like Ni No Kuni
Or Fire Emblem
Or that $50 Vita Memory Card Deal
Or When I tried to get Hyrule Historia Limited.
Or countless other times not ordering on Amazon.

jmoe316

At that price it's an impulse buy. Would have been nice to try out the demo first.

That should be up sometime this week correct? Was hoping it would be up today (haven't checked though). Maybe Thursday with their updates?

kinggroin

Banned
heads up, Best Buy will price match the sale. Just make sure the cashier check under the "other online competitor" category.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just picked it up. Two hours ago it wasn't even on my radar and now I have it in my hands ready to play. March is killing my wallet.

VanWinkle

Ugh. Bought. I shouldn't have but it's done now. I already had the Vita version, but I'm sure I'll still get a lot out of this.

Bought this. I was going to pick it up at the first price drop anyway.

Does anybody know if games shipped from Origin come shrink-wrapped? I assume they do. I plan on going to Wal-Mart after work and picking this up so I can play it now, and then I'll just return the shrink-wrapped copy to Wal-Mart in a few days. I used to do this all the time before I had Amazon prime, so I could use free super saver shipping but still play games on release day.

Ha-ha, and I just posted about how happy I was that Amazon came through for me on this game when all the other games I ordered failed. This is the best day ever!!!

Damn, I hope they do something similar for the UK version. They won't, but a man can dream.
The cheapest I've found it so far is £35, which is just over $50.

baphomet

Seems like some people in this thread are upset at the thought of a release on the Wii U bombing. That or they just spent $60 on it earlier today.

Seems like some people in this thread are upset at the thought of a release on the Wii U bombing. That or they just spent $60 on it earlier today.

i'm sure no one with more than 6 braincells thinks this is bombing already seeing as its only been out for a few hours but yes some people are annoyed they've already paid 60 for it

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I was just looking at the game today but decided I didn't want to spend $60 on it. For $30 I can't possibly say no and I ordered it.

I was going to buy the euro version digitally on Thursday but if they extend their promotion to the European packaged game... Well, I'll be delighted obviously! *prays EA Europe are as nice*

kinggroin

Banned
You sure? The customer service chick is telling me that that's not the case.

Sure am. That's how I bought mine. I can post the receipt if ya like.

Edit : For the record, the CS told me the same thing over the phone. It wasn't until I asked the cashier that it went through with a manger's approval even!

Sure am. That's how I bought mine. I can post the receipt if ya like.

Edit : For the record, the CS told me the same thing over the phone. It wasn't until I asked the cashier that it went through with a manger's approval even!

Could you post the receipt? I'm still here and that might be helpful!

kinggroin

Banned
Posting for all if it helps

51XCgtd.jpeg

Top Bottom