• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daytona USA announced for XBLA, PSN

Tizoc

I just learned that EU PSN is getting this LATE NOVEMBER.
Yes I know it's in the first post, but I was too hype to notice.
Could someone please link me to a site that sells US PSN cash cards for a good price (looking to get at least a 20 dollar one)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Tizoc said:
No OT yet? or are we waiting for Grace Chen to put it up before one is made?

I can't believe it's coming out tomorrow. One can almost say this is being Sega Saturn'd.

Tizoc

SkylineRKR said:
Sarcasm or if you bother looking before making a claim, you can see they have US PSN cards to buy for PAL area citizens...
Shops over here sell US Cash cards for more than the amount of the card, some websites sell them for a discounted price.

SkylineRKR

hdmoviesource is the cheapest online seller I know of, and its reliable. In Euros its only like 15 for a 20 USD card. Its fine with me really.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Sixfortyfive said:
No multiplayer, more aggressive AI, different HUD and camera angles in the demos. That's about it.
The rolling start sequence was different in the '93 version, IIRC.

Tomasooie said:
Is anyone currently working on an OT? I'll definitely do it tonight if no one's making one now.
I want isamu or herzog to do it, but if they're busy and can't do it, go ahead!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
An isamu OT would strike the perfect tone, I think. Much better than the typical PR-ish OTs around here these days.

I'm not going to make it, so ignore my earlier post.

Trojan X

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
An isamu OT would strike the perfect tone, I think. Much better than the typical PR-ish OTs around here these days.

I'm not going to make it, so ignore my earlier post.

Back just for this.

Shit isamu, you got the honour to make a Daytona USA OT and yes, I agree to this too! I'm sure someone will help you with the graphics if you are not that skilled at it.

LOL! You are popular here, my friend. :) I hope you are reading this.

bwahhhhh

I was already excited for this, but the Saturn thread and my nostalgia from playing Daytona for countless hours after the launch has just increased my hype x10. Good thing I just saw that thread today and not last week.

Araxen

Banned
herzogzwei1989 said:
anyone know when the PSN version goes up ?

Sometime after the sun sets on Tuesday. Sony is very fail at updating the PSN store and do it when they feel like it on Tuesdays. I know a couple times it slipped to Wednesday they got so lazy with it.

Tomasooie

herzogzwei1989 said:
anyone know when the PSN version goes up ?
In 20-24 hours in the US. Europe doesn't get it until late November.

I'm starting work on the OT. No one else is working on one, right? Anyone have any suggestions for the title (or suggestions for any aspect of it)?

Trojan X said:
Back just for this.

Shit isamu, you got the honour to make a Daytona USA OT and yes, I agree to this too! I'm sure someone will help you with the graphics if you are not that skilled at it.

LOL! You are popular here, my friend. :) I hope you are reading this.
Do we have enough exclamation points left in the internets for this OT post? I fear not...

leehom

Bought a $20 psn card earlier today for this and GT5 dlc. Wish I had my G27 up here so I can experience the greatnessss.

I still want Initial D arcade stage.........why did they only release it on PSP and make a totally different/sucky Initial D on PS3.

Satchel

Banned
My force feedback wheel will come out tonight motherfuckaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

My god I can't wait for this.

I have waited 18 years for this day to arrive.

Tomasooie

Preview of the headers I'm doing for the OT. I'm doing this all in Paint..

23ie5q9.png

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
There are a few freebies for those who buy Daytona PSN:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ona-usa-gets-a-rolling-start-on-psn-tomorrow/

For two weeks only (until November 8th), we are giving away our DAYTONA USA retro theme as gift with purchase. DAYTONA USA is also part of this month’s PlayStation Plus program. For Plus members, we are giving away a free theme and retro car avatars.

Retro theme is available as gift with purchase for two weeks. Daytona track theme and retro car avatars are free to all PS Plus members :)

So for normal PSN Users:
- Daytona retro theme

For PS+ Users:
- Daytona retro theme
- Retro Car Avatars
- $7 price for Daytona USA
- Daytona Track Theme

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I'll do the OT!!! Give me like 10 minutes to put it up!

Jimrpg

not sure a game with three tracks is really going to cut it in this day and age...

i love me some daytona but I've played it to death, ill wait for daytona 2 which i never played as much!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
m0dus said:
Heh, looks like the brand manager outed the surprise a bit early. hope you guys enjoy the retro theme and avatar cars! That was my little contribution to this piece of gaming history ;)
That's awesome... but I'm getting the XBLA version, can I get the retro theme separately down the line?

Top Bottom