• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

FGMPR

Banned
Okay that was fucking intense... Thanks for the videos. I have ArmA II installed on steam, do I need the Arrow Head expansion to play this mod or vanilla game will do ?

Also is there a gaf server or group of player regulary playing the mod?

You need OA and run the game as 'combined ops'.

Bulk_Rate

One thing I find nasty is that when you are killed by another player, the global report just states "X was killed." It does not confirm the name of the murderer.

I stumbled around the corner of an open shipping container last night - got sloppy - and there was someone holed up in it. Whether out of malice or surprise, he emptied his Makarov into me and that was that. I did not have time to swing my cursor over his character in order to learn his name. My dreams of vengeance were thus thwarted before they could begin.

Of course, players can always change their names anyway...

Durante said:
I agree. It also solves tons of hard design problems for online games, like inflation, or the lopsided importance of "end-game" content.

I agree somewhat, but I'd hate to get my months old character dying due to a lag pike / connection lost. Server acting funny and what else.

Love the concept of perma death for rpg though.

Orgun

Damn, a certain format of media key house had Combined Ops for about £6 but it's sold out.

Also, love the DayZ requirements

ArmA II: CO
DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
Balls

robin2

I have Arma 2 boxed; if I buy Operation Arrowhead on steam, I can still combine them to run as Combined Operations?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I would love to watch a web series of Gaffers playing this mod using mics.
Make it happen guys!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Owned Arma II, bought the expansion...just for this.

Ugh, I know I'm building it up way too much in my head but...but...

Arucardo

I set this up for myself if I feel like playing it, all I need now is to install Teamspeak. I gave it a quick go but didn't really do much, spawned inside a house full of food and ammo D: .

Wouldn't mind giving it a go with EU GAF.

Arucardo

To the people playing, check out the J.S.R.S soundmod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104514-J-S-R-S-1-4-3

Replaces the somewhat bland vanilla sounds with some crazy good ones, even a distance script so sounds are calculated on distance to object etc.

Also use the Alpinestars ArmA II Launcher for mod management, settings, profiles etc.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6649

Checked the forums and you can't use this (J.S.R.S) with DayZ at this point, the mod is not compatible with other mods right now (alpha).

Dead Man

This sounds amazing, don't know if I can run it though. I have Arma II and add ons in my backlog, never installed since I don't think my laptop will run them.

Soon, my precious.

Ball3r

Sh1ner

Guys how will this run on a core 2 duo 2.4 ghz? I can overclock it to 3ghz with no issues. I have a ATI 5850. I rather not play it with shitty fps.

This looks absolutely fascinating. I might actually buy that ARMAII thing just to try this out, assuming there is a price drop or sale in the near future.

SparkTR

Some guy on the official forums found a radio that played strange noises, he put the sound online so someone could make sense of it. Apparently it's outputting map co-ordinates that points to supply stashes. I love stuff like that.

i think we have enough people to coordinate and enter a server at the same time. I was going to hold off until a month or so when i have my new computer but i can still run it on my current one. The game just looks so interesting and intense. My only gripe with it at the moment is there are no melee weapons/barracades at the moment, which may be added in for all i know.

fanboi

Banned
i think we have enough people to coordinate and enter a server at the same time. I was going to hold off until a month or so when i have my new computer but i can still run it on my current one. The game just looks so interesting and intense. My only gripe with it at the moment is there are no melee weapons/barracades at the moment, which may be added in for all i know.

I bloody hope they will implement building structurs (as in ArmA2) would be SOOOO cool.

MNC

Something the dev said is making perfect sense and we might be forgetting:

This is only an alpha build. It was mainly meant to show the concept off. There's hardly any content in this alpha alone, all the "meat" still needs to be implemented.

Something the dev said is making perfect sense and we might be forgetting:

This is only an alpha build. It was mainly meant to show the concept off. There's hardly any content in this alpha alone, all the "meat" still needs to be implemented.

The Devs. have definitely struck some sort of fold if he proof of concept is this interesting and engaging.

This looks pretty exciting, I might have to buy Combined Ops at some point and try this out when I get the time. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this.

Fuck this mod is so good, even at this alpha stage. I'm enjoying watching videos and reading survivor stories nearly as much as playing it.

Really would like to join a group though eventually, those "The days ahead" videos make grouping up look like so much fun.

Top Bottom