• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Wonder Woman set pic.
PHcibRR.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Some UC tidbits

Okay, here's a thing I really like about the Ultimate Cut so far - I am really happy to see how there is less jump cutting back and forth between all these different characters and scenes. NOW scenes that logically seemed like it WOULD be the same scene are actually edited to BE the same scene.

For instance, Bruce's nightmare coupled with him waking up in the glass house is now the same scene COMBINED with Alfred mocking him for drinking all the wine in the cellar. Before in the Theatrical version, they were two different scenes for NO REASON AT ALL. Even LITTLE tiny moments that don't amount to much, but add some length and nuances make a big difference - like when Clark sees the statue defaced. There's just one extra shot of him going back to work upset that makes it flow better - and NOW there's some extra dialogue/character interacting between him and Lois. And they're even cracking some jokes. JOKES. What a novel concept, huh?

and apparently the African Woman being interviewed and at the Senate hearing
is coerced into action by Lex

Ninjimbo

Some UC tidbits

Fuck me, Snyder actually did play around with the order of the scenes. My hype has increased ten fold.

Effect

I think it was mentioned before because they had to cut it down even more for the release stuff got moved around. There is no way things couldn't have been altered.

The more I think about BvS and Warcraft, another film I really enjoyed recently, studios need to just release the longer cuts if it benefits the film. Especially if it's testing well before the shorter version is made and it was agreed upon earlier. Let the more positive word of mouth make up for the less screenings. This is just repeating the same thing over and over again I know.

Dead

well not really...yet
Apparently Jena Malone might be
Janet Klyburn of S.T.A.R. Labs Metropolis

Super fucking obscure

More people seem to be able to watch ir now.

Some UC tidbits

Ok thats sounds great because that was probably my only problem with the theatrical version. Seems I will end up loving this movie even more afterall.

Super fucking obscure

I've sort of made my peace with the fact that shes not going to be who I wanted her to be. I find it stupid when movies keep who some of the actors are a secret. Although its probably telling that they would not be anyone significant.

Dead

well not really...yet
The only disappointing thing I've read so far is it seems the scene where Clark looks for his mom and can't tune out all the voices that Snyder mentioned is not in the cut. Shame. And apparently they didn't re-insert the "I'm going to teach you what it's like to be a man" line in the bvs fight.

Though there is apparently a new scene, after the news montage (must there be a Superman) where Clark calls and talks to his mom, feeling distressed, they talk about his dad too, that apparently pretty good.

Seems one of the biggest things is a ton of extended and smoother scene transitions as well throughout the entire film.

IconGrist

The only disappointing thing I've read so far is it seems the scene where Clark looks for his mom and can't tune out all the voices that Snyder mentioned is not in the cut. Shame. And apparently they didn't re-insert the "I'm going to teach you what it's like to be a man" line in the bvs fight.

Though there is apparently a new scene, after the news montage (must there be a Superman) where Clark calls and talks to his mom, feeling distressed, they talk about his dad too, that apparently pretty good.

Seems one of the biggest things is a ton of extended and smoother scene transitions as well throughout the entire film.

I haven't heard anything about a Superman nightmare either.

Super fucking obscure

Craziest part is
she dyed her hair red after being spotted near the set. If I had to guess, it was all a ruse...but why. Same with the gravestone. A lot of effort to screw with people.

Yager

Banned
So I want to preorder the UC from Amazon, but here in Spain in the description of the product none of the versions say if it comes with the theatrical cut or ultimate cut. Which version has the UC? 4K? Digibook? Regular BR? Help :/

Craziest part is
she dyed her hair red after being spotted near the set. If I had to guess, it was all a ruse...but why. Same with the gravestone. A lot of effort to screw with people.

I really doubt she dyed her hair to "screw with people". I could've been for another role (or even cause she wanted to).

antovolk

so basically to watch it now you need to get an UltraViolet code from the early pre-order or that pre-order cards thing.

antovolk

So apparently this is how to watch the UC now:

1. Get an UltraViolet code of the film and redeem it to your VUDU or Flixster library (or apparently pre ordering from VUDU works but just have to wait till it's procesed?)
2. if redeeming on VUDU, link it to your UltraViolet account and then link Flixster or CinemaNow to it
3. Check Flixster and/or CInemaNow library and the UC should be there in SD.

IconGrist

1. Get an UltraViolet code of the film and redeem it to your VUDU or Flixster library (or apparently pre ordering from VUDU works but just have to wait till it's procesed?)
2. if redeeming on VUDU, link it to your UltraViolet account and then link Flixster or CinemaNow to it

I will try this here in a bit.

Edit: I will wait for some confirmation on buying that UV code. I'd be essentially spending money needlessly if this doesn't work. I know pre-ordering through VUDU doesn't work.

antovolk

I will try this here in a bit.

Edit: I will wait for some confirmation on buying that UV code. I'd be essentially spending money needlessly if this doesn't work. I know pre-ordering through VUDU doesn't work.
A number of people on the Blu-ray forums tried the UV redeem code method and it works. Just make sure sure it redeems to your VUDU library and that your account is linked to Flixster through UV. Or just redeem straight to Flixster?

I would have tried this myself but can't seem to find anywhere to buy that UV code.

Also yeah you're right, VUDU pre order does not work.

IconGrist

is it only SD ?

It only plays in SD on Chrome for some reason. Firefox and IE will get you HD.

A number of people on the Blu-ray forums tried the UV redeem code method and it works. Just make sure sure it redeems to your VUDU library and that your account is linked to Flixster through UV. Or just redeem straight to Flixster?

I would have tried this myself but can't seem to find anywhere to buy that UV code.

Also yeah you're right, VUDU pre order does not work.

Oh, I thought there was a way through Amazon to get the code but maybe I misread. I don't have a Flixster account but I do have VUDU and CinemaNow (which links to VUDU). I'm really not too assed about it either way. It's out in a couple of weeks anyway. And from what I read there's nothing "holy shit" about the UC so no need to rush into it.

Ahasverus

This part
Clark going to Gotham scene:
He doesn't learn from him on the news (now sees the woman from Africa hearing being interviewed). After the statue is defaced he decides to go to Gotham to locate her and talk to her, but she's not home. Then guy with lotto ticket mentions Batman. This leads him to ask Perry about doing the story like in the TC. He learns about the branding and other Batman stuff later on in a brief research scene before Perry informs him he's been requested to cover the Library fundraiser (Perry doesn't know who made the request, but obviously it was Lex). Later, after Lex arranges for the branded guy to get killed in prison and Clark gets the photos he goes to the Gotham PD and ends up speaking to the woman who is mother to that man's child. She mocks his ability to do anything about Batman as a reported and says such !en only understands fists. This leads to the Batmobile meeting.
Should have been in the UC. It's a confirmation that Lex knew who Clark was.
so what stopping someone from ripping it and uploading it as a torrent?
A screen cam program. It would probably be a slog to record.

antovolk

It only plays in SD on Chrome for some reason. Firefox and IE will get you HD.

Oh, I thought there was a way through Amazon to get the code but maybe I misread. I don't have a Flixster account but I do have VUDU and CinemaNow (which links to VUDU). I'm really not too assed about it either way. It's out in a couple of weeks anyway. And from what I read there's nothing "holy shit" about the UC so no need to rush into it.

Yeah by ordering that trading card pack but by the time it actually arrives I bet Flixster will get rid of it...another way is Ebay. Which I just did. hope it works. If it doesn't, at least I have a VUDU copy anyway when it comes out officially - I haven't ordered any copies of the film yet.

I'm sure that's being done, lol. Whole thing sounds like a mistake rather than a bonus.

yeah, for sure. Although given the hoops to jump through to even access the cut I doubt it'll be up there.

This part

I feel so goddamn vindicated, lol. Lex killed the dude, Batman only recently becoming more violent, Clark feeling pressured into confronting Bats directly, hell, Lex totally arranging the fight! I CALLED ALL THAT, YO!

Really shoulda been in the theatrical cut tho.

This part

How do people put Netflix stuff on the internet ? I could imagine there are ways to download the file that is being streamed, no?

Firemind

I'm reading this post and I have no idea what you just said. Classic old man yells at cloud.

Ahasverus

Another stupid cut

How does the courthouse steps scene play out? Are Lex and Lois there and what caused him to fly away?

He still doesn't say anything, but we get to see what happens after the explosion. We see him flying a lady down to a stretcher and laying her on it. The paramedic basically says, "We got it from here," and then Superman looks around at all the death and becomes sad. Then he flies away.
Also, spoilers: Batman has arranged an ARKHAM transfer for Lex. Hilarity will ensue (Suicide Squad?)

IconGrist

Maybe Lex does. I dunno. But we know that.

What we know doesn't matter in this case. Clark tells Lois later he wasn't looking for it. It's never been established Lois interviewed "Superman" so there's no logical reason his lead handicap would be knowledge Lex could possibly acquire. Or that Clark even has X-ray vision in the first place.

antovolk

Well fuck me - IT WORKED! Downloading SD version through Flixster as we speak.

So basically - nab a UV code from eBay, redeem in Vudu, re-link or link your UltraViolet and Flixster accounts, and then go to Flixster!

wxdZY38.png

Ahasverus

What we know doesn't matter in this case. Clark tells Lois later he wasn't looking for it. It's never been established Lois interviewed "Superman" so there's no logical reason his lead handicap would be knowledge Lex could possibly acquire. Or that Clark even has X-ray vision in the first place.
Lex is a genius
Well fuck me - IT WORKED! Downloading SD version through Flixster as we speak.

So basically - nab a UV code from eBay, redeem in Vudu, re-link or link your UltraViolet and Flixster accounts, and then go to Flixster!

wxdZY38.png

Use Firefox to download the HD version! Please keep us informed.
2.73 gb seems small even for SD.
Chrome plays it in SD. The file is in HD.

antovolk

Lex is a genius

Use Firefox to download the HD version! Please keep us informed.

Chrome plays it in SD. The file is in HD.

I thought that was CInemaNow, not Flixster? Flixster only has SD? I'm downloading the SD version thru the Flixster desktop app

I'll try linking CinemaNow as well, see if it shows up there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom