• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC People started to follow Armie Hammer, possible Green Lantern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Mahershala Ali on the come up for sure. Dude seems like he's clinched for best supporting nomination this year as well.

He played the best MCU villain, no contest. Incredible actor.

Him as John Stewart would be ace.

He was almost Captain America.

Love Evans in the role, but Jim Halpert showed more intensity in the last fifteen minutes of 13 Hours hours than Evans ever did in any Cap movie. Though it is completely different subject matter.

Man, 13 Hours was way better than it had any right to be.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
He was also in the Man from Uncle movie with Superman

longform-original-1460-1439576377-3.jpg

Actually great movie. His scene with the loser Italian aristocrats being the best via understatement.

G-Fex

Green Lantern's life in the movies is dead Slayven. It's over.

He got sidelined for fucking Cyborg in the damn JL movie

Jocund

Hammer was great in Birth of a Nation. I don't mind this.

Though I'd prefer John Stewart over either of the other Earth Lanterns.

I know people love him from the cartoon.

But comic John Stewart is boring as shit.
Yeah, I always loved John Stewart from the JL cartoon, but once I got around to reading all of Geoff John's GL run (and a decent amount from before that) I was surprised at how little he mattered. Poor guy always got stuck doing fucked up things for the right reasons and being blamed for it by everybody. :(

Kyle is the real heart of the Green Lantern universe. An average guy who was at the right place at the right time, forced to live up to the monstrous legacy and expectations of being a Green Lantern. His father-son relationship with Ganthet could be an interesting dynamic for a film as well. The only thing I don't like about him is that he falls in love with anyone with a vagina between their legs.

Mahershala Ali on the come up for sure. Dude seems like he's clinched for best supporting nomination this year as well.

Ali deserves what's coming his way. Reading how he jumped from Moonlight to Luke Cage to House of Cards to another project, often in the same week, it's impressive.

Slayven

Honestly, if you're doing GL, I'd pull Jensen Ackles as Guy and Mahershala Ali as Stewart.

The latter is so damn charismatic, he could bring some shine to Stewart. Get back at Marvel for cutting his shine short.

Armie Hammer? He would've been good as Steve "Vanilla" Trevor. Hawkman or Green Arrow. Batman-specific? Probably a villain then: Red Hood or Hush.
If you put a gun to my head I could not describe Trevor and Hawkan's personalities to save my life.

suaveric

The Green Lantern movie is supposed to be multiple Lanterns, so it's possible there would be more in Justice League.

jurgen

He's blank faced and as interchangeable from any other white super hero lead.

He's perfect!

john Stewart is the only green lantern worth a movie

I think it's easy to pick out the people whose main familiarity with Green Lantern is JLU...

I'm fine with anyone but Hal, really. Guy Gardner, with the right script, could be the most entertaining character in DC movies.

I think it's easy to pick out the people whose main familiarity with Green Lantern is JLU...

I'm fine with anyone but Hal, really. Guy Gardner, with the right script, could be the most entertaining character in DC movies.
I love me some Kyle Rayner, but a proper Guy Gardner film would be so much fun if they pulled it off.

I thought he was actually pretty good and funny in Lone Ranger so I'd be fine with him in the DCCU.

But I hope this isn't a sign that the Green Lantern Corps movie will be Hal Jordan focused. Nobody cares about him aside from Geoff Johns.
John Stewart / Guy Gardner / Kyle Rayner
Take your pick DC, or better yet, just use the three of them. Also, no origin story, no Earth. Thank you.

Ross61

Eh, the people who John's GL a top selling book by buying it may care about Hal Jordan. Literally anyone who isn't into comics like that doesn't know any GL except for Hal or Stewart.

IrishNinja

Armie Hammer, they have learned nothing.

But twitter follows? We that thirsty?

no they haven't

and yes, as GL fans we're like six months away from taking a gardner movie, tops

don't even fuckin say it, we both know this timeline ain't ready for a rayner flick yet

john Stewart is the only green lantern worth a movie

cease this at once, stewart hasn't been interesting anywhere outside the DCAU

plushyp

I know this is a stretch but given how Arnie is appearing with Joe Deathstroke from Batman, could he be Dick Grayson?

FeD.nL

Why Green Lantern?

Isn't Joe Manganiello solely attached to The Batman?

Doesn't that make Arnie Hammer as Dick Grayson more likely?

Or am I missing something here?

edit:

Seems I'm late but this basically:

I know this is a stretch but given how Arnie is appearing with Joe Deathstroke from Batman, could he be Dick Grayson?

Why Green Lantern?

Isn't Joe Manganiello solely attached to The Batman?

Doesn't that make Arnie Hammer as Dick Grayson more likely?

Or am I missing something here?

I was just about to post this. With him and Joe hanging out and Joe knowing about his casting before others, it would appear he has a better chance of someone tied to Batman lore than being a Green Lantern.

Oh yeah, not their first little tease on twitter: https://twitter.com/JoeManganiello/status/805325197158977538

Pickman

Good. Armie Hammer is a wonderful screen presence and has a lot more charm than he's given credit for. He stalled out from Lone Ranger but The Man from UNCLE was a fantastic flick and he did a great job in that one. Looking forward to seeing him get another shot in a big block franchise.

dude is great, i really don't know who he would be a good fit for in the batman world but i'm sure he would do a good job.

him and vikander were the best things about man from uncle. and he was solid in lone ranger and social network too.

it's mangianello i have my doubts about, but i suspect deathstroke will mostly be an antagonist of a few words, so they're prolly looking at somebody who can pack more punch as the main bad guy.

Why is everyone thinking Green Lantern... maybe he's going to be Martian Manhunter? (though with the amount of CG needed, it'd probably be Andy Circus).

I could see him as Green Arrow... if DC wasn't married to that terrible TV show.

I'd like them to do something with Damien Lewis...

Oh I forgot to specify white man.

Billy Zane, Val Kilmer, and Chris O'Donnell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom