• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So Amaya is all "I know I have a future that's awaiting me and all that shit, but fuck it who cares?! It'll all work itself out amirite" and the rest of the team is just totally okay with it. Like, the writing is so catastrophically bad that they don't even pretend to care about altering the timeline (except when they do). It's been this way for a while now, but I wish they'd just drop the pretense and go crazy with it.

Despite all the others he killed, it was Eobard ripping out Ray's heart that made him OK to kill. The moon episode got me thinking maybe Eobard at least respected Ray, as a fellow scientist, and possibly one he studied about in the future. But straight ripped out his heart. Man. And Cold sub-zero killed Mick. Had Damien kept his magic we would've seen him do an Ermac fatality.

ZeroX03

Banned
Despite all the others he killed, it was Eobard ripping out Ray's heart that made him OK to kill. The moon episode got me thinking maybe Eobard at least respected Ray, as a fellow scientist, and possibly one he studied about in the future. But straight ripped out his heart. Man. And Cold sub-zero killed Mick. Had Damien kept his magic we would've seen him do an Ermac fatality.

That hasn't stopped him in the past

VPBJz3.gif

Of course the season finale would end with them wrecking up the timeline again. Anytime the show plays into the humor its good, at times almost feels like a sitcom.

Sara really is a much better captain than Rip.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I like Legends whenever you can see they aren't taking it seriously, Ray de-shrinking the Waverider inside Star Labs encapsulated this perfectly, should they go outside first? Most definitely, are we going to bother with that? No just have the ship explode out of the roof instead.

Same goes for all the time shenanigans, the less they try to think it through the better the show gets I think, and they've done a pretty great job this season in that respect. I really like the idea of 'Everything is completely fucked up' for season 3, will they even try to fix things?

strafer

Holy shit, that was a fantastic finale, shame we won't see Darkh and Thawne, I liked those guys.

That scene between Sarah and Laurel was sweet. :)

Also, we didn't see what happened to Barrowman.

Bring on the next season.

I like Legends whenever you can see they aren't taking it seriously, Ray de-shrinking the Waverider inside Star Labs encapsulated this perfectly, should they go outside first? Most definitely, are we going to bother with that? No just have the ship explode out of the roof instead.

Same goes for all the time shenanigans, the less they try to think it through the better the show gets I think, and they've done a pretty great job this season in that respect. I really like the idea of 'Everything is completely fucked up' for season 3, will they even try to fix things?
The only thing is that it's going to be weird that they completely messed up time, but none of that will be reflected in the other shows that are supposed to be connected.

And why are they going back to 2017 instead of when they left?

I thought Snart was a little too evil from his previous incarnations. This version of him was from S1Flash right? He was a bit murdery then but he was a bit more jovial about it.

I thought Snart was a little too evil from his previous incarnations. This version of him was from S1Flash right? He was a bit murdery then but he was a bit more jovial about it.

He's from 2014 and had the gun, so the only place that makes sense is right after his first appearance, where was very murdery.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The only thing is that it's going to be weird that they completely messed up time, but none of that will be reflected in the other shows that are supposed to be connected.

And why are they going back to 2017 instead of when they left?

They'll fix everything before the crossover, where it matters that they're on the same page.

As for going back to 2017, I imagine it's because they're still aging normally. A few months here or there don't matter, but if they keep it up they'll be years off from everyone they know.

SeanC

This show is so fucking dumb, but goddamn is it entertaining. Really enjoyed this season and boy did it go places with the three or four different plotline it ran through, a lot feels like distant memories as though this show has been on for four or five years.

It really is just kids with action figures playing around. Also wanted to point out good effects on the scenes with the doubles.

I'm still perplexed how one arrow pierced Firestorm's skin :/ Laser-based weaponry isn't doing it, how about something metal-based?

That's just weird. My brain hurts trying to figure it out.

Firestorm absorbs energy, so use matter-based ammo instead.

Either that or just a hole in the plot armor.

True. Plot armor is pretty unstable.

So how far apart, in the timeline, are the LoT that their actions won't affect the other shows? We know where Flash is headed based on the preview. Shouldn't current Earth be having major time quakes? Or is time fucking with certain Earths before heading to Earth-1?

They'll fix everything before the crossover, where it matters that they're on the same page.

As for going back to 2017, I imagine it's because they're still aging normally. A few months here or there don't matter, but if they keep it up they'll be years off from everyone they know.
True. Plot armor is pretty unstable.

So how far apart, in the timeline, are the LoT that their actions won't affect the other shows? We know where Flash is headed based on the preview. Shouldn't current Earth be having major time quakes? Or is time fucking with certain Earths before heading to Earth-1?
I think a big problem is that it happened for the season finale, so time should be stuck in that fucked up mode for a while. Like, Eobard altering reality itself isn't such a big deal because it only lasted for a single episode, where reality didn't have time to set in, but this one should have plenty of time to cure.

I guess what they could do is just say they got thrown into an alternate timeline, separate from the other shows'.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I think it was apparent to me that unlike the other time travel shenanigans, this time they were thrown into a different reality with time being all screwed up. Reminds me of that 1 Doctor Who episode where time literally stops and folds in on itself with all major moments occurring at once.

Yeah, I think it was apparent to me that unlike the other time travel shenanigans, this time they were thrown into a different reality with time being all screwed up. Reminds me of that 1 Doctor Who episode where time literally stops and folds in on itself with all major moments occurring at once.
Wedding of River Song. Shitty episode but great concept/idea.

Yeah, I think they've effectively slid into another earth, with the first half of Season 3 Likely being them trying to return to Earth 1. I do wonder if Rip was able to escape from the timeline though before it went to shit.

I mean, the actions of Black Flash towards Sarah implies that they've fucked something up hard and that the Speedforce might be punishing them.

Right. Forgot about alternate timelines when it was a major thing in Flash, lol. They are stuck on a alternate timeline with massive time quakes and time loops.

Are we or should we be expecting Kid Flash to be apart of the team? I know Black Flash made it's debut on LoT and there is the comic storyline involving Wally and Black Flash that involves time shenanigans. Or is that a Speed Force dream?

Joni

Right. Forgot about alternate timelines when it was a major thing in Flash, lol. They are stuck on a alternate timeline with massive time quakes and time loops.

Are we or should we be expecting Kid Flash to be apart of the team? I know Black Flash made it's debut on LoT and there is the comic storyline involving Wally and Black Flash that involves time shenanigans. Or is that a Speed Force dream?
He is probably staying on the Flash. He is quite important to that team.

He is probably staying on the Flash. He is quite important to that team.

Define important, lol.

Yeah, I know. He won't be used too much in either show, tbh. Time and budget dictates how often they can use him. Just like Firestorm (and their black guy quota) who doesn't get to use his powers much unless required (much like MCU Hulk) by the plot and when powerful villains show up.

Platy

I love how this show simply doesn't give a fuck xD

You bough 2 teams ? I bought 50 reverse flashes

And the reverse flash fatality on ray, amaya getting killed in the future, felicity getting killed, dinosaurs in LA !

Xenoboy

Finally was very good, but if Eobard doesn't show up in Flash or in the last season of Flash, I'm gonna hate this episode. It's a long ways to go, but we'll see.
I would have liked keeping Rip and losing Nate.
Now that Snart is back? We might get some shenanigans from his in the next S4 Flash.
LoT are bigger time fuckers than Barry, Barry's only done it two or three times.

MartyStu

Finally was very good, but if Eobard doesn't show up in Flash or in the last season of Flash, I'm gonna hate this episode. It's a long ways to go, but we'll see.
I would have liked keeping Rip and losing Nate.
Now that Snart is back? We might get some shenanigans from his in the next S4 Flash.
LoT are bigger time fuckers than Barry, Barry's only done it two or three times.

Snart is not back. The point he was dropped at is before he joins the Legends.

So Black Flash is just a Grim Reaper type character?

I see him as a weapon for the Speed Force to utilize for people who abuses time be it Speedsters or a team like the Legends. He's probably also used when Speedsters abuse the power of the Speed Force.

No more Time Masters so it's up to the Speed Force to enforce time.

Top Bottom