• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

nOoblet16

That hasn't stopped him in the past

VPBJz3.gif
This reminds me, there is a stark difference between Wells Eobard and Eobard Eobard, the former (even when he isn't pretending to be Wells) is so serious while the latter is a sarcastic dude who is always smiling.

This reminds me, there is a stark difference between Wells Eobard and Eobard Eobard, the former (even when he isn't pretending to be Wells) is so serious while the latter is a sarcastic dude who is always smiling.
The Wells version was stuck for 15 years in a time he didn't want to be in and had to spend some of that mentoring his mortal nemesis, though, so it kind of makes sense why he'd be less chipper a fellow.

Maddocks

One had the Flash who was not his equal in terms of speed, but was no slouch so he was a direct counter who worked with some of the smartest people, they would and did find a way to stop him and and he was also kinda depowered. He had no choice but to always be on guard.

The other has to deal with the legends, known idiots without any weapons to take him down other then 1 gun and that gun was developed by Eobard himself. He had no rival in terms of speed and smarts and was at full speed. Only time we seen him show any fear was when the black flash was after him. If I had no rival and thought everyone was below me in intelligence I would be a sarcastic and jokey dude, because who would stop me? One guy tried, and he got his heart ripped out though armor.

ZeroX03

Banned
There was an implication that Wells-Eobard had absorbed parts of the original Eobard's personality. And fifteen years of zen mastery to boot.

Yeah, but non-Wells version was apparently post those 15 years too.

Questionable. He mentioned working with Caitlin and Cisco, didn't mean he was referring to that him in the timeline. Seems like an oversight more than anything.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
One had the Flash who was not his equal in terms of speed, but was no slouch so he was a direct counter who worked with some of the smartest people, they would and did find a way to stop him and and he was also kinda depowered. He had no choice but to always be on guard.

The other has to deal with the legends, known idiots without any weapons to take him down other then 1 gun and that gun was developed by Eobard himself. He had no rival in terms of speed and smarts and was at full speed. Only time we seen him show any fear was when the black flash was after him. If I had no rival and thought everyone was below me in intelligence I would be a sarcastic and jokey dude, because who would stop me? One guy tried, and he got his heart ripped out though armor.

Wow, that's actually a good perspective on the Legends' version of Reverse Flash. I never really thought about it. He belittled them every chance he got, even putting turning them into servile lapdogs when the Legion changed reality. I like that the Legion never really considered them a major threat, just annoyances to be dealt with.

Neoxon

I just realized something, wasn't it the Doomworld version of Reverse Flash that was killed by the Black Flash? If so, then the Reverse Flash that was with the Legion of Doom in 1912 is still fine.

Xemnas89

I just realized something, wasn't it the Doomworld version of Reverse Flash that was killed by the Black Flash? If so, then the Reverse Flash that was with the Legion of Doom in 1912 is still fine.

Shouldn't the reverse flash from Doomworld disappear since the spear was depowered? If the spear had no power in 1912 then they couldn't use it the first time so doomworld wouldn't exist or am I just thinking about it too much

Mario007

Shouldn't the reverse flash from Doomworld disappear since the spear was depowered? If the spear had no power in 1912 then they couldn't use it the first time so doomworld wouldn't exist or am I just thinking about it too much

Guys WW1 didn't start until 1914...

Joni

Yes. But Black Flash took down all time remnants individually.

He should be fine. All the other RF disappeared because the one that got owned by BF brought them there.

I wouldn't be surprised if that one escaped as a back up plan.

Wait, that was the season finale? Weird to end on 17 episodes.

Great episode by the way, seeing all those Zooms on screen was a nice moment, but i felt they could and should have done a lot more damage. Minor gripe though.

Joni

Some minor casting news:

Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter) is not leaving the show.

Sounds like he'll be doing his own thing, recurring around the place similar to his turn as evil Rip this year. And the effects of the finale won't be impacting the other shows.

I don't know how to feel. He was refreshing this year, but once he turned 'good' again he became kinda boring, partially because he didn't get an actual story aside from his short 'I want to be the Captain spiel'.

That went from a "why am I watching this shit?" show in season 1, to "this is marginally better without Arthur Darvill and the Hawks" early in Season Two, to just so silly it's great once we hit the George Lucas episode and stayed enjoyable. Second half was really good.

So, I guess I'm watching season three.

Skux

Wait, that was the season finale? Weird to end on 17 episodes.

Great episode by the way, seeing all those Zooms on screen was a nice moment, but i felt they could and should have done a lot more damage. Minor gripe though.

It was originally planned as 13 episodes, like season 1, but they had more ordered and lengthened the season.

Since this Thawne is dead, the next Thawne will be one who shouldn't remember any of this right? It should be the one from S2 of The Flash, correct? Or will it be a new one fresh from the future again?

Realeza

Banned
That was the best, most satisfying season finale to an Arrowverse show yet. The battlefield scene with all the Reverse Flashes was amazing.

This whole season was on fire.

carlsojo

Some minor casting news:

Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter) is not leaving the show.

Sounds like he'll be doing his own thing, recurring around the place similar to his turn as evil Rip this year. And the effects of the finale won't be impacting the other shows.

Since the other Legends are currently benched until next season, I wonder if Rip will show up on the Flash to help them deal with their villain.

I want cold back

I want the whole Legion back :(

MartyStu

Since the other Legends are currently benched until next season, I wonder if Rip will show up on the Flash to help them deal with their villain.

This is a great idea. Legends has some of the better hooks into the other shows. Leveraging that more often would be really cool.

That was the best, most satisfying season finale to an Arrowverse show yet. The battlefield scene with all the Reverse Flashes was amazing.

This whole season was on fire.

As much as I hated to see RF go, I have to agree. It was very well done.

NOT THAT GUY. THESE GUYS!!

It was originally planned as 13 episodes, like season 1, but they had more ordered and lengthened the season.

I feel like most of the CWDC shows could do with being 13 to 17 episodes. While there were a few filler episodes in this, the season was pretty tight and consistently enjoyable, whereas The Flash is really struggling right now.

Joni

I feel like most of the CWDC shows could do with being 13 to 17 episodes. While there were a few filler episodes in this, the season was pretty tight and consistently enjoyable, whereas The Flash is really struggling right now.
The problem is that the Flash is struggling with its story episodes just as much, Supergirl does better in its filler than on its story episodes and Arrow filler has been quite good as well. You need that filler to take a break from the main plot. Like how Arrow left the big bad aside for a couple of episodes to focus on mayor Oliver and his staff.

The problem is that the Flash is struggling with its story episodes just as much, Supergirl does better in its filler than on its story episodes and Arrow filler has been quite good as well. You need that filler to take a break from the main plot. Like how Arrow left the big bad aside for a couple of episodes to focus on mayor Oliver and his staff.

Yeah, I think you're right. Now that you mention it, it's weird how both SG and Flash are struggling but Arrow is finally back on track after that mess of a third and fourth season.

Savitar is just...And the whole Mon-el arc is starting to piss me off. Why is it so hard to have all three be good, it's like one/two have to suffer for the other to be great. Next season will probably see Arrow suck ass, SG being great and Flash going through yet another mediocre season.

Joni

Yeah, I think you're right. Now that you mention it, it's weird how both SG and Flash are struggling but Arrow is finally back on track after that mess of a third and fourth season.

Savitar is just...And the whole Mon-el arc is starting to piss me off. Why is it so hard to have all three be good, it's like one/two have to suffer for the other to be great. Next season will probably see Arrow suck ass, SG being great and Flash going through yet another mediocre season.

Guggenheim apparantly just works better if he is hated. He gave us Arrow S1 and S2 on Green Lantern but it wore off.

ZeroX03

Banned

Because writing is extremely, extremely hard, especially with the number of episodes they're expected to churn out and very few writers have 100% hit rates. How many shows do you know with perfect runs? Now take out the dramas with 13 or lower episodes and the comedies. You'll be left with zero, as far as I can think of.

Also the only two writers consistent among all the shows are Kreisberg and Berlanti, and Kreisberg is primarily Flash focused anyway and Berlanti doesn't really write, he just provides guidance. We assign quality judgements to individuals, but it's a big team process with so many moving cogs we don't see.

It's much easier for us to pinpoint flaws after the fact than actually do this shit lol. Also opinions are a thing. We're loving Legends and Arrow. If you're watching these shows as a fourteen year old girl, you're the one screaming "fuck Uncle Guggie!!!" right now.

Realeza

Banned
The CG in Legends is so good. I wonder if this show took part of the Flash budget, because that one doesn't impress me as much as it used to.

Sölf

Watched the finale. Good stuff. And the ending was just a big "Wat.".

Legends S2 was much better than the first season. Mainly because we had better villains and the show more often just embraced the sillyness. While I still enjoyed Arrow more, S2 of Legends was definitly a step in the right direction. I hope S3 will continue this.

Top Bottom