• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

Xenoboy

Did anyone else like Vandal Savage? I was very fond of him, but his connection to the Hawks really dragged him down. Some of his scenes were really good, like the one where he was locked up in the waverider.

Realeza

Banned
Did anyone else like Vandal Savage? I was very fond of him, but his connection to the Hawks really dragged him down. Some of his scenes were really good, like the one where he was locked up in the waverider.

I actually liked him as a villain. The crossover episode with Flash/Arrow was good stuff.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I kinda liked him. Not the best, but liked him. The Hawks dragged him down badly. Thank God the Hawks are gone.

Magwik

Banned
I loved Neil Druckmann.

Westworld-Actress-Joining-the.jpg

latest

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Savage was a lame. I thought that storyline was dumb from top to bottom.

Joni

Savage had the problem that they used him too much so he lost all the time. They should have put him more into the background. And have him reveal he didn't want to fuck Barrista Girl.

caliph95

Savage had the problem that they used him too much so he lost all the time. They should have put him more into the background. And have him reveal he didn't want to fuck Barrista Girl.
It also made it contrived because they had keep having Cold not just freeze him and bring him to the ship or firestorm to incinerate him.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Yep, that's the main reason Savage never worked for me. It was just a constant barrage of the show telling me he was so dangerous and unstoppable, but his impact on the Legends was minimal. You can't have your heroes constantly facing off against the same villain and both sides walking away clean.

Flash Season 3 is having a similar problem with Savitar. If he's so badass, why hasn't he done something that hasn't been reversed the bext episode? Two villains that break the cardinal writing rule of "Show. Don't tell."

Joni

It also made it contrived because they had keep having Cold not just freeze him and bring him to the ship or firestorm to incinerate him.
And it would have been easy to write around with some sort of regeneration effect away from his death place.

MartyStu

The worst part about Savage is the rather lame origin the writers chose.

Caveman Savage > All.

A super intelligent Caveman has so much potential in a time travel show.

Savage, Hawks, they completely failed hard with them. I kind of feel bad for all three cast members. Never mind all the dumbing down of the "Legends" they did to excuse Savage getting away and everything. At least in season two they were self aware. Oh and Kendra's role was basically being in the middle of lover triangle after love triangle and "destiny", like WTF? It was some shitty writing in an out of touch attempt at appealing to the shippers.

Grizzlyjin

The Hawks are the ultimate writing challenge

"I can do it! I can make them not suck!"

But nobody ever has

Kendra deciding not to kill Savage when she had the chance is a Top 10 Worst CW Show Moment. I don't think I've ever groaned so loud at the TV.

The Hawks are the ultimate writing challenge

"I can do it! I can make them not suck!"

But nobody ever has

The Hawks deal should have been that they've been working together for so long that they function on instinct. They're an amazing team as a duo. But since they've spent lifetimes just as a duo, getting them to call audibles and do anything else that makes them work within a team is almost impossible. Make that their arc- learning to expand their circle of trust beyond just each other.

Instead, they're part of a love triangle. Because CW.

No, her role was being an ex-baritsa.

AKA, the good old days when she had free will and wasn't cursed with a damn "destiny".

How old are the characters now? Ray (with Kendra) and Sara were left in the 50s for a couple years and with much of the team left in various time periods how long were they stuck where they were? I don't remember.

AKA, the good old days when she had free will and wasn't cursed with a damn "destiny".

How old are the characters now? Ray (with Kendra) and Sara were left in the 50s for a couple years and with much of the team left in various time periods how long were they stuck where they were? I don't remember.

They got left behind for two years (1958-60)

Sara has a canonical date of birth of Dec 25th, 1987 - So right now she would be 29 before adding in the two stranded years, making her 31.

Ray was born sometime in 1981, so he'd be 36 + 2 stranded years, making him 38.

There doesn't seem to be a DOB for Kendra, since she hasn't been assumed dead by the public in order to have a view-able memorial or gravestone.

GulAtiCa

When they announced that Hawk Girl was going to be in this years ago, I was excited. Cause my only reference was the awesome Thanagar Shayera Hol. Instead we got this crappy version.. (She was better then Hawk Man, by a lot.)

sirap

Actor who played Savage was amazing but severely hampered by that shitty Hawk Girl love-triangle Egyptian storyline.

It would've been awesome to have him be a part of the Legion in this season.

rjinaz

So Legends season 2 is on Netflix tonight! Super excited, I don't have cable, used to watch cw shows on hulu.

Anybody else watching the season for the first time tonight/tomorrow?

So Legends season 2 is on Netflix tonight! Super excited, I don't have cable, used to watch cw shows on hulu.

Anybody else watching the season for the first time tonight/tomorrow?

Ah man you're in for a treat.

The CW app is on most streaming devices tho. And it's free.

Grizzlyjin

so s2 is good? i tuned out of s1 after awhile...

I enjoyed it throughly. And I hated most of Season 1. Character work is stronger, better threat, and it embraces the ridiculous.

Top Bottom