• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

carlsojo

I can see him joining the Legends. Every bunch of misfits needs a rulebreaker.

Yeah I hope they join up full time as a LEGEND.

The team needs more
bad guys
. It could even lead to
his redemption or at least getting his daughter back since she's currently an orphan.

GulAtiCa

Weird, but I really liked his attitude in Legends. Sara won't be happy to see him again. Can't wait for the eventual cross over when Sara gets to meet
Black Siren
from Arrow. She has to find out at some point.

Legends of Tomorrow @TheCW_Legends 3m

Welcome aboard the Waverider. Tala Ashe joins the Legends as Zari Adrianna Tomaz for Season 3!

DBpsMeWU0AAaikQ.png

The show's producers describe her as ”a Muslim-American woman from the year 2030, Zari lives in a world of contradictions. Technology has brought about incredible change in her future—too bad human nature hasn't kept pace. Fear, prejudice and a lack of care for the planet have forced Zari to become a ”grey hat hacktivist." A computer nerd with a wry, combative attitude. A woman living a double life who doesn't realize that she has secret, latent powers derived from an ancient, mystical source."

Longtime DC fans may have a guess as to what that ancient, mystical source may be. Adrianna Tomaz is the most recent version of Isis, the mystical hero who wields the power of the Egyptian goddess with whom she shares her name. Tomaz debuted in the weekly comic series 52, where she'd go on to play a key role and develop a close relationship with the character of Black Adam until ultimately dying (and being resurrected before dying again) in a tragic turn of events.

It's clear that Legends of Tomorrow's Tomaz will differ in some ways to her comic book counterpart and until we hear more, it's anyone's guess whether we'll be seeing any magic amulet-fueled transformations on the show. But something tells us there's a lot more to Ashe's character than a simple computer hacker...

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...ow-the-waverider-gets-a-new-hero?sf85767910=1

GulAtiCa

Hell no. Don't bring back the Hawks.

I'd be ok with a totally different actress playing the real Alien Hawk Girl though. But, different actress!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Yeah...sounds...not fun. She could work though! Nate sounded pretty terrible on paper, and I actually like him quite a bit. I'm just trying to see where she fits in with the team's dynamic. She better not be a Vixen replacement.

rackham

Banned
A Muslim woman playing an "Egyptian goddess"

I don't care but I wonder if anything negative will come from this. I hope not. I hope she has better lines than just being a barista or constantly shitting on her team mates.

Speculation time: Guggenheim made some comments about Rip still be part of the show, even though he won't be on the crew of the Waverider. So how could this work?

I think Rip wants to rebuild the Time Masters.

In this scenario, Rip would stay at the Vanishing Point, getting his new base of operations ready. The Legends would be the lead crew, and part of their mission would be recruiting new recruits across the time stream.

Yeah...sounds...not fun. She could work though! Nate sounded pretty terrible on paper, and I actually like him quite a bit. I'm just trying to see where she fits in with the team's dynamic. She better not be a Vixen replacement.

We at the very least need an Amaya/Mari team-up before she leaves.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The hacker backstory is probably just filling in some gaps in the team's skillsets. Ray is a genius inventor, but it doesn't mean he is the best hacker.

It'll come in handy on the Waverider and on missions, depending on when/where they're going.

Weird thought - If she's from 2030, that means her teenage self could cameo on Flash or Arrow.

Oh shit.

She's going to be a Felicity fan girl, isn't she?

ZeroX03

Banned
Rip is still in promo stuff, pretty sure he's still a series regular. Maybe he'll be on half the season like this year.

New girl being a hacktivist is annoying, but to be fair half of the Arrow fanbase thinks that's the best thing you could ever be. There's plenty of alternate names other than Isis that she could use that would be fine.

LotusHD

Banned

Ya damn right she better not be

The hacker backstory is probably just filling in some gaps in the team's skillsets. Ray is a genius inventor, but it doesn't mean he is the best hacker.

It'll come in handy on the Waverider and on missions, depending on when/where they're going.
The problem is that these shows treat hacking like it's magic in such a way that even NCIS would blush. "Felicity, I need a map of this building/to know where everyone is in realtime/you to stop airborne missiles/you to keep this F-22 from taking off/a quantum CPU to power my suit." And it just gets done. Immediately. Even the crappy hackers, like Crisco can do this type of shit, and it's stupid.

Why even be a reincarnated god when your hacking skills are already above that?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The problem is that these shows treat hacking like it's magic in such a way that even NCIS would blush. "Felicity, I need a map of this building/to know where everyone is in realtime/you to stop airborne missiles/you to keep this F-22 from taking off/a quantum CPU to power my suit." And it just gets done. Immediately. Even the crappy hackers, like Crisco can do this type of shit, and it's stupid.

All the more reason to have someone like her on board. Ray can do the bullshit superscience and she can do all the bullshit netmagic.

Joni

Now they can just ignore that and claim it is future knowledge.

night814

If it gets us Black Adam I'm cool with it.
I doubt it will considering the movie that may or may not ever come out. DCTV hasn't been able to get close to a lot of the DCCU unfortunately.

I don't know how hyped I'm going to be for season 3, if it's another season of traveling to certain times just to play dress up and have similar fights in each time I'll likely check out. Show could be the biggest one they have being a weird Frankenstein of all the best parts of the shows thrown together, instead it's a lot of filler and poorly written characters. Show needs to be much more focused.

Top Bottom