• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition Coming to PS4 March 4th

rawd

Was I the only one with constant crashing after completing each level... It would try to connect to online servers to publish my score and hang there.. So i would cancel out, continue without doing so, then boom

Raptor

Tried this game last night, the first level, gunplay feedback is there, lots of gore and blood spraying from headshots is great.

I liked it.

raphanum

Didn't want to post a new thread for this, but some dude on reddit claims he saw a vita cross-buy description listen in the Dead Nation page on PSN. It's since been removed though.

Reddit link

Edit: apparently it was already announced at E3?

Number45

Didn't want to post a new thread for this, but some dude on reddit claims he saw a vita cross-buy description listen in the Dead Nation page on PSN. It's since been removed though.

Reddit link

Edit: apparently it was already announced at E3?
Yeah Vita version is official and they tweeted recently that we should expect to hear something about it if memory serves.

For some reason I missed this game the first time round on the PS3 so I've been enjoying playing this through today. I can see me and my friend really enjoying co op as long as the connection issues are smoothed out. My only minor complaint (and I'm not sure if its just me) but there seems to be a small touch of blur in the game as its a tad blurry when I'm moving. Not a game breaker but its a bit distracting. Anyone else notice this?

Was I the only one with constant crashing after completing each level... It would try to connect to online servers to publish my score and hang there.. So i would cancel out, continue without doing so, then boom

No, it's happening to me as well. I'm worried it's going to lead to a corrupted save.

Mafro

This is exactly what happened to me when it crashed. My save is fine though.

Just noticed something really dumb, completing stages in Broadcast+ mode doesn't unlock them in the normal campaign.

StewboaT_

This is exactly what happened to me when it crashed. My save is fine though.

Just noticed something really dumb, completing stages in Broadcast+ mode doesn't unlock them in the normal campaign.

Ugh, seriously? Guess I'm going to have to start over.

I can't play online because I keep getting this…………..*sigh*
1782176_10153879222185436_346283898_n.jpg

Oppo

Had a super weird problem with this game last night.

My DS4 was running low on battery so I did what I always do – walk up to the one that's plugged in, swap the plugs, then tapped the PS button on the fresh controller. Normally that just turns the other one off and re-assigns player 1 to the new one once it's active and you button through.

It didn't do that though. Instead the whole screen turned a tint of blue. Like a blue overlay. And the controller light was red, so I thought oh, it didn't hand off. Turned on/off the origninal DS4 - no luck. New controller, no luck. Couldn't quit out. Was basically trapped in the demo loop of the game with no control. It was so odd. Even the demo played with this blue tint on it.

Had to hold the power button down for like 15 seconds on the PS4, which of course caused it to throw a hissy fit on reboot, check it's HDD in Safe Mode, and chastize me for "removing power".

tl;dr – do not let your controllers die in Dead Nation or you might get stuck. At least PS button out to the dashboard before you swap.

Rojo

I cant start the application says that it needs to be activated by the user who owns the licence which is me.

It's so awesome watching a random stream, voting, then seeing your name pop up as a zombie and having the streamer call it out as having seen it on the forums.

I played this Solo on PS3 and it was fun but only played 30% through.

Now I'm playing coop with my friend and I cant wait to get home and play. The graphics seem pretty close though, hard to tell the diff in res with such a dark game.

JoeFenix

So all the crashing seems to be entirely related to the leaderboard servers being messed up. I've played the game for an hour offline and it worked flawlessly.

The save corruption problem is a byproduct of the game crashing after a level when it's trying to connect to the servers. If the game crashes while it's autosaving then your save will get corrupted.

I'm hoping that most of the problems will be resolved when they fix their server issues.

Melchiah

No problems with the single player mode, apart from loading the online scoreboards, which is no big deal to me. The game is fun, but not quite as fun as it was on the first time. I still wish I could shoot just by holding the R1 down, as it's tiresome to repeatedly tap the button.

Maybesew

No problems with the single player mode, apart from loading the online scoreboards, which is no big deal to me. The game is fun, but not quite as fun as it was on the first time. I still wish I could shoot just by holding the R1 down, as it's tiresome to repeatedly tap the button.

Did you equip the SMG?

Occam

I just beat it (my global single player rank was 134; not bad, eh?).
It's noticably improved over the PS3 game. Textures look better, and it feels completely smooth. The best thing about the Apocalypse Edition is that you can now assign weapons to the face buttons for quick access.

So this remains an amazing game, and a particularly amazing coop game - but I can't help but feel they could have spruced up the graphics a bit more. Its definitely sharper, but it doesn't seem like a generational leap, particularly with no 60fps.

You get the feeling Sony is really scrounging for free plus games, which would be pretty hard to come up with right at the beginning of a generation.

Dude. It is all about the charged rifle shot. Pop heads 10 at a time.

TheJerit

Does anyone know if you can use the Vita as a second controller?

I know you could use Remote Play and then have Player 1 on the Vita and Player 2 using the DualShock 4. I don't know if it can be used as a 2nd controller yet, but I'm going to give it a shot tonight. If anyone else already knows, that'd be great.

Skeff

I know you could use Remote Play and then have Player 1 on the Vita and Player 2 using the DualShock 4. I don't know if it can be used as a 2nd controller yet, but I'm going to give it a shot tonight. If anyone else already knows, that'd be great.

Yep, just be playing as controller 1 then start remote play on Vita, I think the PSN account has to be already registered on the PS4 though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I still wish I could shoot just by holding the R1 down, as it's tiresome to repeatedly tap the button.
That's my biggest complaint about the game so far. The charge shot is really fun to use, though.

see5harp

I swear to god I remember something similar happening with the PS3 online leaderboards at launch years ago. Is the netcode any better than it was on PS3? I always found their netcode to be super iffy.

I downloaded and played a couple levels last night. I had played the original on PS3 and only made it to the second level so I'm already caught up with where I was. I went back to the PS3 version and the main difference I can see is the lowered resolution and the PS3 version can be made brighter than the PS4 release using the in-game adjustments. At least things are easier to see on my TV in the PS3 version and they're on the same input so TV settings aren't in play. But I'll stay with the PS4 version due to the included DLC. BTW, I experienced no crashes while playing last night.

Would be nice to have at least one full retail title by the end of Summer though! Perhaps Knack or Killzone....

Oh, I think Knack is a lock for PS+ before the end of the year. I'd wager that they discussed PS+ for that title before it was even released.

Lemnisc8

Every match I played with a friend tonight had disconnects mid way through playing.

Really hope this is improved significantly!

Mafro

Ugh, seriously? Guess I'm going to have to start over.
Annoyingly it doesn't actually let you know this until you're at the controller layout screen where you press X to start your saved game. Good job I'd only done just one level before noticing. I hope it's not the same with the co-op mode as well.

This version is horrible, constant crashing and my save data just got corrupted.

Absolutely abysmal quality control.

Bh7LraKIAAASu0V.jpg:large

Wish Housemarque could have done the port themselves, this is a real shame. Extremely disappointed.

We're going to try Endless mode in coop if anyone wants to come watch the game probably blow up in our faces.

http://www.twitch.tv/jimmyqballs

Yup I had this happen twice already in the first 30 min I'm gonna hold out until they patch this, its really sucks : /

Top Bottom