• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 announced for PS4/Xbox1

lmao

dead_or_alive_5_cover.JPG

isnt it?

DoA 5 is out already.

Oh shit, another remaster?

I didn't get DOA5 and forgot all about it. Shows you how much of a fan I am (last one I played was 3) However, I was excited for another fighting game made for next gen consoles only and built from the ground up. Even though I didn't buy DOA5, I won't support this.

I hate 2 year old remasters of games.

Edit: Will wait for DOA6.

Why?
I mean, I like boobs, but she's not that bad.

She's clearly no older than 14, and wears fetish outfits.
I know her official bio says she's 18 but let's be real.

Well, they didn't even show any gameplay. It was just a teaser. And we didn't know all the new characters in Ultimate off the bat either.

I'm hoping for at least one new guy too and not just Raidou or some other past boss.

Oh wait, do you mean to say this is a new iteration like 5 to Ultimate? I thought it was just a port of Ultimate with some DLC included... (Sorta like the Vita version.)

Eolz

Welp.
Will keep an eye on it and not buy anymore dlc (apart from nyotengu) on my current version.

I don't think it will have a lot of graphical improvements tbh, apart from 1080p, better textures and possible AA. DOA5 is already a great looking game and they're probably keeping a new engine for DOA6 and NG4.
It's one of the things I was waiting for before buying a PS4/X1 though, so that's nice.

Edit: Siliconera says it will be out in Spring 2015 in Japan btw.

How many versions of this game does Tecmo want me to buy? Eh, I'm out. Glad at least Team Tekken is focusing on new stuff instead of just rereleasing the same old game.

Certinty

Such a shame, I wanted a new male character. Phase 4 is boring and Marie Rose is disgusting. Oh well, at least Nyotengu is amazing...
Can't speak for everyone but when my Swedish partner was 18 she looked like 15. But still I understand your point.

Sophia

Wouldn't be surprised if this comes in a F2P version as well as a full package. It worked out insanely well for DOA5 Ultimate, and the PS4 especially is ripe for a fighter like that.

vio

Would be nice if they putt all extra power and better environments and lighting. Don`t really expect that to happen.

Sayad

Oh shit, another remaster?

I didn't get DOA5 and forgot all about it. Shows you how much of a fan I am (last one I played was 3) However, I was excited for another fighting game made for next gen consoles only and built from the ground up. Even though I didn't buy DOA5, I won't support this.

I hate 2 year old remasters of games.

Edit: Will wait for DOA6.
It's not a remaster.

Oh wait, do you mean to say this is a new iteration like 5 to Ultimate? I thought it was just a port of Ultimate with some DLC included... (Sorta like the Vita version.)
Well, we don't know yet. I imagine there must be more than just the three current DLC characters though, why else would there be a such a delay?

Just give me some dudes and some speedos, and I'll be there day one.

Certinty

This timing of this announcement is kind of weird since I was actually considering getting the Vita version a few days ago.

Very much enjoyed this game on the PS3 and although Injustice on the PS4 isn't bad, I much preffered DoA5 so will probably pick the PS4 version of this up when the price is decent enough.

Sayad

Do you know this is the same developer that takes 1 generic costume and copy/pastes it to a dozen characters? All they're going to add is some AA and up the resolution
It's a fighting game, this seems like an update, like Ultra Street Fighter, Ultimate MvC3 and the past few updates DOA5 got.

system11

I hope they include *all* the costume DLC in this, I spent a lot on the 360 version, but my main platform is PS4 now so there's no chance of inheriting the licenses.

Well, we don't know yet. I imagine there must be more than just the three current DLC characters though, why else would there be a such a delay?

Just give me some dudes and some speedos, and I'll be there day one.

Ohh true, didn't think of that! Mannn I hope so.

Aside from new characters and stages, what I REALLY want is an updated or new story mode. I would love to see what role the characters from Ultimate and Nyotengu play in the story (plus more Rig and Christie please).

You have to drag and drop or copy and paste Famitsu links.

Did not know that. Thanks!

Will have all the released content or not?

It should have the 3 DLC characters but all the DLC costumes? Unlikely. There will probs be a selection of them like in Ultimate.

Shredderi

Was excited for a few seconds when I thought that it was a whole new current-gen only fighting game. Oh well, maybe the new version will have some physics improvement ;)

IcyEyes

So I guess they said nothing about new characters? Guess the three DLC characters are all they're adding after all.

Such a shame, I wanted a new male character. Phase 4 is boring and Marie Rose is disgusting. Oh well, at least Nyotengu is amazing...

I read all other your posts and I think you are pretty exaggerated.

freed

Are they trying to beat cashcom here......

I feel street fighter iv all over again

ultra dead or alive 5 last round ultimate arcade edition 2015.....

thelastword

Banned
Thank goodness. I just hated the jaggies on DOA5, it ruined the graphics on what was always a nice looking series with good IQ. In no way will this stress the XBONE/PS4, so please give us 4-8x msaa at 1080p, none of that fxaa blur please.

Whilst you're at it, cut down on the overly brown desert/wartorn stages, give us snow stages, ice stages, forests, flower gardens, temples with high res textures, bring color back into the game please.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
^ She's not underaged though...its the reverse of original kasumi and ayane who were 14 but looked 24(except for the faces, they fixed it in 5 though)

Excellent news! I bought DOA5 originally for 360 at launch..sold it later on, then the ultimate version for PS3...and i have spent a boatload of cash on that version. But i was hoping for a port for a while. The AA is criminal for the character models, the low resolution textures and obvious limitations of the hardware really were a shame.

If they can find a way to transfer my purchases over, or better yet, just give me all the characters and costumes, that would be just golden.

Injustice, GGXRD, Mortal Kombat X, Tekken 7, DOA5 U...all we need is an announcement of USF4 port and i'll be set with fighters for a while on PS4

On a real though, team ninja must be pretty good tech wise as they seem to have a affinity for creating decent ports of their games.

You might not agree with it, but they seem to be far more efficient than Capcom Namco and Konami in this regard.

Fingers crossed for better netcode, more swimsuits... and nipple bumps on the girls ;)
It looks like that old Hong Kong level will be returning too. Should be sweet.

ibcPd3FiQOTK42.gif

raven777

what I want in this version

-1080p/60fps (its given I guess..)
-improved character graphics(better texture, AA, IQ)
-much better visuals for stages. doa5's background stages were disappointing.
-better photomode. something like infamous:ss and TLoU:R.
-include DLC characters like Marie Rose, phase-4 and Nyotengu.
-DLC costume compatable with last-gen purchases.
-new characters
-changes to character balance, etc.
-better netcode

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
what I want in this version

-1080p/60fps (its given I guess..)
-improved character graphics(better texture, AA, IQ)
-much better visuals for stages. doa5's background stages were disappointing.
-better photomode. something like infamous:ss and TLoU:R.
-include DLC characters like Marie Rose, phase-4 and Nyotengu.
-DLC costume compatable with last-gen purchases.
-new characters
-changes to character balance, etc.
-better netcode
-more bikinis

Top Bottom