• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 announced for PS4/Xbox1

Give me more Mila in cute costumes and I will buy several copies.

DOA5U_Mila_Halloween.jpg

Like this? Cracks me up.

JoJoSono

Banned
Would be nice if all the DLC costumes are in this version. I don't want to be sold the same costumes again. That or they better find a way for DLC purchases to transfer.

I think I have 4 copies of this damn game and I'm sadly going to be adding to that. DoA5 is just really good.

Guymelef

Would be nice if all the DLC costumes are in this version. I don't want to be sold the same costumes again. That or they better find a way for DLC purchases to transfer.

I think I have 4 copies of this damn game and I'm sadly going to be adding to that. DoA5 is just really good.

You can use same costumes on DOA5 DOA5+ and DOA5 U so probably you can transfer them to this version.
All DLC included? Seeing DW8XLCE i would say no...

Espada

Whoa, this might get me to buy a PS4. DOA5 has been a ton of fun, a nice surprise after not playing the series since DOA2. I'm not expecting anything more than 1080p resolution, Phase 4, Marie, and Nyotengu playable, and 2-3 new stages.

But the prospect of having to pay for online multiplayer? Blegh. I guess I'll stick with single player for this one.

levyjl1988

Banned
This better have all the DLC they currently released for DOA5U. I skipped out on DOA%U and seeing all the DLC so far it costs over $100 to get them all....

Ohh true, didn't think of that! Mannn I hope so.

Aside from new characters and stages, what I REALLY want is an updated or new story mode. I would love to see what role the characters from Ultimate and Nyotengu play in the story (plus more Rig and Christie please).
Yeah, a new story mode that includes everyone would be awesome. I'm surprised I forgot to mention it.

Like this? Cracks me up.
Heh, I actually like that costume. XD

My abbreviated wish list...
-More dudes
-Swimsuits/sexy costumes for the dudes
-More customization options (hats/hair/glasses/etc) for everyone
-All DLC from previous games (unlikely unfortunately)
-Expanded Story Mode
-Better camera functions
-New stages
-Xtremesque mini-games that feature the entire cast
-Other cool stuff

As expected and about time.

Really looking forward to see how Team Ninja evolves the visuals. Cloth simulation and hair simulation will be the highlights.

Can't see KT including all the dlc costumes in this; it's too much of a money earner for them. But I do suspect that they'll throw in some packs to sweeten the deal.

My purchase for this game really depends on this :(

That's probably the 360/PS3 versions being shown
I hope

I'll definitely get this for PS4, but it's kind of hard to tell if it visually enhanced or not by current gen standards. Probably a cross gen port. I am assuming it look noticeably better. It better.........

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can use same costumes on DOA5 DOA5+ and DOA5 U so probably you can transfer them to this version.
All DLC included? Seeing DW8XLCE i would say no...

No you can't.

It's:

DOA5's outfits can be used on DOA5+/DOA5U. DOA5+'s swimsuits (which were about the only "exclusive" DLC?) can be used on DOA5 and DOA5U.

DOA5U's outfits can not be used in DOA5/DOA5+.

It's likely they'll cross-buy it on PS4, but not X-box 720.

Honestly, if they redo the DOA3 stages (notable: Forest) to look more clean and less "pixel"-y than the DOA5U/last-gen releases, it'll be a good port. Those stages were my favorites in DOA3 but they just look bad with whatever filter they used on it in DOA5U.

Will the pc port begging ever stop?

No, junior, it won't.

And it won't when Tecmo-Koei showed interest in bringing things to Steam and so far only Dynasty Warriors was ported to PC. Despite a lot of people saying "well, I'd buy DOA on Steam..." to them on Facebook.

No, junior, it won't.

And it won't when Tecmo-Koei showed interest in bringing things to Steam and so far only Dynasty Warriors was ported to PC. Despite a lot of people saying "well, I'd buy DOA on Steam..." to them on Facebook.

Get off your high horse and talk to me properly, there is a name above my status. There's a rule about port begging on this site to prevent thread shitting and derailing the discussion.

synce

This better have all the DLC they currently released for DOA5U. I skipped out on DOA%U and seeing all the DLC so far it costs over $100 to get them all....

They could include it but I'm sure they'll instead charge you like $50 for some bundle BS. Then begins a new wave of DLC that'll probably top out at around $200.

If you're one of the people who bought everything so far you've spent over $500 easily, and we're not even at DOA6 yet. Meanwhile look at Tekken or MK, they're already coming out with new games.

IcyEyes

Okay? Want to elaborate? I'm cool with sexyness, just not with underaged people...

Everything is relative.

You are seeing an 14yo in a fetish costume, I'm seeing a classic Japan-style young female with a maiden (I don't find that kind of suit sexy) costume !
There is an interesting psychological analysis about that (the different perception).

Of course, I'm not pointing my finger at you about your perception, I just find the word "disgusting" excessive.

They need to prioritize the look of the stages, make them really detailed and full of awesome, the characters already look damn good.

I didn't buy DoA5U because I flat out couldn't find it anywhere. So this remake makes me REALLY happy... REALLY. I just wonder what they would be able to do with a PS4/XBone only DoA game (DoA6?) since DoA5 on PS3 still looks really good (muh character models)

It's not a remaster.

The original game is made on the previous gen so yes, It is a remaster. Unless it is build from the ground up for next gen which I doubt. It's going to be a retouch, remaster port like the other 2 - 3 year old previous generation games that are being announced left and right nowadays for X1 & PS4 which I don't support.

giphy.gif

I'll wait for DOA6, Tekken 7 and MK X thank you very much.

m0t0k1

Hmmm hope it has some interesting things for you guys like better iq and a way to transfer the dlc over. But i am not willing to buy it a 4th time. While i did not enjoy the origina doa 5 much ultimate was a step up and hope this will be even better. I play doa dimensions more anyways, so i can skip this one.

ReBurn

Gold Member
The original game is made on the previous gen so yes, It is a remaster. Unless it is build from the ground up for next gen which I doubt. It's going to be a retouch, remaster port like the other 2 - 3 year old previous generation games that are being announced left and right nowadays for X1 & PS4 which I don't support.

giphy.gif

Ok. Sounds good.

giphy.gif

Okaybabbye.

Fact is the PS4 is still lacking a decent 3D fighter. MKX isnt untill late 2015 and Tekken is years away.

Im pretty confident that whatever form SF5 takes, its firstly years away, and secondly 2 iterations away from even bothering with. Come back in 2017.

DOA6 will come. But id rather it come when it has had the time to be made properly. Nobody wants a rushed SC5 type fighter.

giphy.gif

MK X is also available for PS3 and Xbox 360. You're welcome.

KAOS

Glad it's coming to next gen consoles but would've preferred DOA 6. I still like the look of DOA 4 more than I do DOA 5. DOA 5 just looks to drabby. Hopefully they add one or two characters from VF since DOA 5 is basically DOA vs VF. I would love Jean, Lei, Eileen, Goh, Vanessa, Brad, Shun or Kage to make an appearance!

raven777

I think the base character modeling is fantastic on DOA5. If they increase texture quality and better AA, it will look fantastic on PS4/Xbox One.
But they really need to step up on the stages....they look bad compared to the characters. Also the overall IQ. Wish It was sharp/crisp like DOA4 while keeping current DOA5 artstyle.

Top Bottom