• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Azuardo

Yeah, it was a bit iffy here and there, but very good for the most part.

As soon as smoeone kills me I will switch to Marie XD

Eolz

Hope I didn't break the lobby by leaving ^^'
Good games! It was fun playing again, even if I'm a lot worse than in the past lol.

Azuardo

Nah, it seems fine.

Just tried Marie and I forgot everything I knew about her lol (what little that was anyway). I really am a one character player haha.

Good games anyway, defo fun to hop back in again.

Korigama

It was a bit more manageable for me with Yoyo (some lag spikes on occasion, but largely playable on my end). But yeah, good games everyone.

Korigama

doa_05_cs1w1_720xykj10.jpg

doa_04_cs1w1_720xasjd2.jpg

As said in the thread for these, I'm now three for four. Still bummed about no Jack-O' for Hitomi, though (and I say this as someone who favors Tsubaki in BB).

I wonder who Momiji would get. Mai is not on the picture but if she was Momiji and her basically have similar costumes, so they probably wouldn't do it. Litchi is a good fit (edit nvm, I don't see Litchi in the pic) since they have a similar ponytail, but maybe they will give her Baiken.

Korigama

blazblue Makoto? I need this to happen!
Seems like it would make the most sense, anyway. I picture Bullet going to Tina, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of the two being swapped.
I wonder who Momiji would get. Mai is not on the picture but if she was Momiji and her basically have similar costumes, so they probably wouldn't do it. Litchi is a good fit (edit nvm, I don't see Litchi in the pic) since they have a similar ponytail, but maybe they will give her Baiken.
Celica is my expectation for Momiji. Baiken seems more likely for Rachel.

Korigama

Aha, so I was right about Bullet going to Tina. Seems I should've stuck with my original prediction of Celica for Kokoro, which is what I guessed in this thread, but then changed my mind in another and thought she would wind up with Jack-O' instead. Eh, could always still claim I was right on both anyway (plenty more left for me to be completely wrong about).

Eolz

Boooo I wanted Mila for Bullet :p

So I guess Christie is basically a lock for Nine then? Unless they do some weird shit and give her Baiken because she had eyepatches in some costumes...

Korigama

Or I'm disappointed by something else just as weird and Christie ends up getting Jack-O'. Nine would be the preferable outcome (not that it makes much sense to me that they didn't just settle on I-No in her case, but eh).

I guess Mila might get Makoto. Baiken going to Momiji is something I think will happen, since her hairstyle matches the closest but if Momiji got something else, hair down Momiji would be nice to see.

Hubb

Nah that hair looks soooo bad on her. Lei Fang's hair (or the loop) looks bad too, so I guess that is today's theme. Bad hair.

Hubb

The only one that I like so far is Honoka's, but I don't like Honoka so...

Nyotengu's looks good, but that is only because it is Nyotengu...

Korigama

The bangs just don't translate to DoA art style very well.
They also didn't bother accounting for the two separate tones of hair color, the white and the red (not that I would know if that's even possible for them to arrange). Either way, the choice doesn't suit her at all. Quite easily the worst one so far.

Some of the choices being made with these are just as questionable as many of the ones from the Falcom crossover.
These are turning out to mostly be bad cosplay.
Sadly, yes.

Korigama

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/839765950467489792

Rachel got Millia, Momiji got Baiken but without hair color change.
What the hell lol
LOL, what? Hoo boy, what a farce this is proving to be. Another choice that couldn't fit less by giving Millia to Rachel rather than Helena. Their logic behind Baiken for Momiji seemed to begin and end with them both having ponytails. Not going to get started on their inconsistency with changing hair colors.

At this rate, the most promising prospect (which should never have become the case) seems to be Platinum for Marie Rose...assuming their ridiculous choices don't lead to something like giving her Makoto, Nine to Mila, and Platinum to Helena.

Hubb

The only positive thing about platinum is Laura Bailey's voice acting. Since we aren't getting that here they can just pick a better costume.

Korigama

So who do you think is getting Mu? Helena?
Phase-4 getting her was more or less guaranteed once Noel was confirmed for Kasumi, Mu being an alternate form of Noel and all. That's the one choice that I don't see them defying expectations with at this point.

As for Marie Rose, there isn't really anyone left who would actually suit her other than Platinum.

Azuardo

lol are any of you whiners gonna buy any of these then? I'll have to see Kas' in action before I decide on that perhaps.

Korigama

I'm willing to see some of them in action, but it's looking more and more likely that I'll just buy other outfits instead (still haven't actually bought any DLC for this yet). Was admittedly more disappointed by most of these since I was looking forward to them. Likely would've been less critical for properties less familiar to me.

Worst case scenario, I could just skip downloading the catalog.

Top Bottom