• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

raven777

Actually Kokoro outfit its not on Amazon... (Ayane, Tina and Christie have them)

Might be released later as DLC who knows? (I know I want it)

well, I assumed that since she is wearing black bunny, she would be in amazon preorder. But again they only mentioned 3 characters per orders. I thought that was because not all of the characters were revealed at the time. But who knows.

I just hope they release it quick (like, day 1 would be nice)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Please let the online be good...

If DOA4 and DOA:Dimensions are any indications the online can surely be smooth.
well, I assumed that since she is wearing black bunny, she would be in amazon preorder. But again they only mentioned 3 characters per orders. I thought that was because not all of the characters were revealed at the time. But who knows.

I just hope they release it quick (like, day 1 would be nice)

I'm open to give my money for DLC Stages and Outfits on this game. (maybe some classic music too)

Hero

Yoink, new avatar get.

iZg4wQ30EA6QN.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My body is ready.

Would I be better off playing this with a regular 360 controller, or a fight pad like this:

Focus on a good Dpad that is the only problem I have with 360 controller. If you can try that controller and see how you feel with it it would be the best. I haven't played with that controller personally so I really couldn't give my opinion there.

DR2K

Banned
My body is ready.

Would I be better off playing this with a regular 360 controller, or a fight pad like this:

41y8IpI2%2B3L._AA300_.jpg

It's only $10, and it's a very great pad for fighters. 360 pad also works, DOA isn't execution heavy and lenient with inputs.

My body is ready.

41y8IpI2%2B3L._AA300_.jpg
Looks ace. I've got a madcatz TE stick that I'm extremely comfortable with... for 2d fighters. I think I'll be playing on the 360 pad for DOA5. I've had years to get use to it. And as it's been mentioned, DOA has never been execution heavy.

Squire

Banned
Any reported differences between the 360 and PS3 versions?

I'm curious about this too. I looked up Digital Foundry's analysis of Ninja Gaiden 3 (since it was their last project) and they determined the PS3 had a slight edge over 369 (though they stressed the game's not really good enough to let it keep you awake at night anyway.)

And as stated: PS3 was lead platform. I'd get that version if you can't wait for DF to analyze DOA5 in particular. I said a couple threads ago I was going to get it on PS3, but I didn't realize you don't need need XBL Gold to buy DLC (I really don't play online and I'm not good anyway, so that's not a big deal right now). I prefer the 360 pad though, so I think I am going to get that version, myself.

Only thing I don't like is Sara Bryant's eyes. It doesn't look right for some reason.

Other than that, I'm glad her and other VF fighters are in the game. Worth the ticket price alone and a great way to add more characters to the series while avoiding the possibility of adding more generic characters nobody will care about *cough* SoulCalibur V *cough*!

I like Tekken but I'll probably go with this first if I had to choose. I'm by no means a competitive player and Tekken is more competitive. DOA to me is more for fans, so I think I'll get more out of it.

Still want to wait for reviews. After Metroid Other M and Ninja Gaiden 3, I want to see reviews and impressions for any new Team Ninja game before I decide to buy it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Very nice work with the OT! Liked reading of the relationship chart. Good to have a refresher course of everything before diving back in again.

Almost feels like a whole new game to me, since it's been so long since I got into 4. And all the system changes sound like a great "What I'd want out of DOA, now" set, along with the series traditionally gorgeous graphics and spectacle.

VF, TKN, and DOA all in the same year... with VF getting a bonus boost within DOA, as well. Quite a nice year for 3D fighters...

Oh, and I totally got the CE for this game as a jab to Tekken. Bikinis and stuff are nice, soundtrack is awesome, yay artbooks, but... HAHA, TAKE THAT, TEKKEN!
Except for Jun. And maybe Julia and Wang. We cool.
My Sidestep reactions are much more DOA and VF based than Tekken, so I hope to feel like coming home to my movement and step preferences...

alstein

I'm getting this and giving it a chance. I can see myself either loving or hating this game, I don't think there will be an in-between.

I don't see myself buying any more fighters this gen after this.

Everdred

I wish they could have continued the trend and released this on the next gen consoles. Could have beautiful. But I understand that this is possibly the longest generation, so 2 makes sense.

Endo Punk

I wish they could have continued the trend and released this on the next gen consoles. Could have beautiful. But I understand that this is possibly the longest generation, so 2 makes sense.

Last gen got 2 DOA games as well, 3 if you count ultimate. And besides DOA4 was a launch title, it would be wasteful to not revisit the franchise and use the hardware to its full advantage.

LowParry

Very nice OT. Not sure if I'll be picking this up Day 1 but eventually I'll get it. I really hope the online comes out strong with this.

Nice OT! I've only ever played DOA2 a little bit but I'll be picking this up a few months from now. I simply want to support the developers for making such a beautiful game. The stages and character models are out of this world. Hopefully the swimsuits will be available for non collector's edition buyers later on. Gonna be using dat Lei Fang and definitely will try out Mila as she looks awesome.

Arklite

Got my TekkenTag2 stick incoming, ready for this.
Seems to be the exact same stick as the DOA5 model, but the white buttons/ball top on that one turned me away from it.

Galdelico

Very nice OT guys, good job. :)

Already preordered my CE for the PS3, just hope Amazon will be quick as usual with shipping.

And I'm gonna try playing with this

222728706.jpg

just to see if it's as better than the DS3 as in the 2D fighting games.

Top Bottom