• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

louie

Costumes are definitely a bit "meh" all around, but it makes sense to me that they'll save the cool stuff for DLC. That's just the way it is.

What's the word on the net code?

Initially thought to be pretty bad, but has turned out to be ok. Not as good as SCV though apparently.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Costumes are definitely a bit "meh" all around, but it makes sense to me that they'll save the cool stuff for DLC. That's just the way it is.

What's the word on the net code?

There is a patch now and the matches the guy had (10) were all smooth so I guess its good.

Source

vocab

Cool. Good to hear more positive things about the online. I don't expect perfect netcode in any Japanese game, as long as it's not delayed like crazy, and I can find matches without waiting 20-30 mins between games.

Do we have a tournament list? I think I'll get this game the day after tomorrow (EU) for PS3. Haven't played DOA since 2005/6...lol yeah I'm a total beginner.
But I've read that DOA is the best BeU for beginners, right?
Hopefully the netcode is good 'cause My grilfriend don't like fighting games : D

Vazra

Do we have a tournament list? I think I'll get this game the day after tomorrow (EU) for PS3. Haven't played DOA since 2005/6...lol yeah I'm a total beginner.
But I've read that DOA is the best for beginners, right?
Hopefully the netcode is good 'cause My grilfriend don't like fighting games : D

Event: DOA5 PSN GAF Tournament by:Memento Mori15
Start Date: Sept 29th 9:30pm (Open to change time)
Time Zone: EST
Stream URL: (TBA)
Prize: 1st place wins $10 PSN Code or $10 Amazon Gift Card
MAX 16 PLAYERS

That is the only tournament at the moment. If someone wants to organize another event is more than welcome.

Cool. Good to hear more positive things about the online. I don't expect perfect netcode in any Japanese game, as long as it's not delayed like crazy, and I can find matches without waiting 20-30 mins between games.

SCV, TTT2 and VF5:FS say otherwise :p

raven777

I called gamestop and they said they cannot change the shipping method because its already in process....which sucks.

But I guess since its 2-day shipping, it could arrive my Wednesday hopefully.

vocab

That is the only tournament at the moment. If someone wants to organize another event is more than welcome.

SCV, TTT2 and VF5:FS say otherwise :p

TT2 has some problems with the way the way it uploads data to WTF, and the wait between matches in ranked are kind of long (ps3 version is more obvious). I'm assumed this will be fixed soon. Can't say much about VF5 or SCV because I've never played them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah damn! NO midnight launch at the Gamestop over here, so tomorrow's CE will be waiting.

And Edge, never change!

How are you checking midnight openings? I can't find anything about it on the website and I'm not sure if mine is doing it or not.

dreamfall

How are you checking midnight openings? I can't find anything about it on the website and I'm not sure if mine is doing it or not.

Yeah, just call them. They were pretty adamant about not having enough preorders to open for tonight- sad news. As long as that CE comes through, no worries!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Wut? Arc sys has had the best 2d netcode for ages and now Namco's SCV and TTT2 netcode is godly as well. People I'm playing wouldn't be busting out EWGF's otherwise consistently.

I hope to hear good things from this.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Add me to the NewEgg shipped list!

tumblr_m9qvvwaZsY1r6f726o1_500.gif

It's in New Jersey, I'm in Maryland, should have it by tomorrow

jkh13

Neo Member
Where are all the reviews at? Anyways all you US guys are very lucky getting to play it tomorrow. In the UK we still have 3 days till release :(

Dantis

So, what kind of prices would everyone expect/want for DLC?

In NGS2, it was £3 (About $5?) for four costumes. That seems maybe a little steep? I dunno.

xion4360

So, what kind of prices would everyone expect/want for DLC?

In NGS2, it was £3 (About $5?) for four costumes. That seems maybe a little steep? I dunno.

Im reminded of 2.99 per outfit in FFXIII-2... smh. $5 for 4 seems great by comparison.

Dantis

Im reminded of 2.99 per outfit in FFXIII-2... smh. $5 for 4 seems great by comparison.

Wut. That's pretty crazy.

I think I'd pay $5 for four, I guess. I think they'll probably be grouped with similar characters? Like a Ninja Pack, which would be 'Busa, Ayane, Hayate and Kasumi. That'd work.

vocab

Wut? Arc sys has had the best 2d netcode for ages and now Namco's SCV and TTT2 netcode is godly as well. People I'm playing wouldn't be busting out EWGF's otherwise consistently.

I hope to hear good things from this.

I know that. Result of improving netcode this generation was all about Trial and error. I don't have any frame of reference with what DOA5 is building on. SCV and TT2 were the result of T6's online sucking badly. I'll let you know how this feels online.

Galdelico

Wut. That's pretty crazy.

I think I'd pay $5 for four, I guess. I think they'll probably be grouped with similar characters? Like a Ninja Pack, which would be 'Busa, Ayane, Hayate and Kasumi. That'd work.
Yeah, it definitely would.

Also, Sigma 2 had only one DLC pack, and I expect DoA5 to be way more profitable under this perspective: so, more DLC packs, more contents to add in the medium/long term, more money for Team Ninja to potentially make and... Well, maybe lower prices overall for us bitches who have not the game yet but already wish to spend more pennies on DLCs? :D

Dantis

Yeah, it definitely would.

Also, Sigma 2 had only one DLC pack, and I expect DoA5 to be way more profitable in this perspective: so, more DLC packs, more contents to add, more money for Team Ninja to potentially make and... Well, maybe lower prices overall for us bitches who have not the game yet but already wish to spend more money on DLC. :D

I doubt it'll be lower than that, seeing the competing prices other people have put up. I hope TN has more success with their DLC this time though, they've been trying to get in there for years but haven't had much success. The only DLC that I know for sure a lot of people bought was the NG2 mission mode.

Vazra

Whelp. If the costume packs cost $5 for 10+, I'd buy them all.

Seriously they can spam all DLC they can imagine of outfits I might not consider buying just because they are bundled into a super cheap price I'll easily bite.

Well I'm picking this up tomorrow morning and it will be my first DOA game. Looking forward to seeing what it is like. o:
If any help needed I'm sure either me or anyone around here can help you. Enjoy the game :)

Dantis

Does anyone who got the Amazon UK cheap CE have an estimated dispatch yet? Mine is still unavailable, and it's making me nervous.

Seriously they can spam all DLC they can imagine of outfits I might not consider buying just because they are bundled into a super cheap price I'll easily bite.

I feel exactly the same way. Doubt it'll happen though, most companies don't have that kind of smart.

Galdelico

Does anyone who got the Amazon UK cheap CE have an estimated dispatch yet? Mine is still unavailable, and it's making me nervous.
They apparently took the 360 CE away from Amazon IT too... I still have my PS3 preorder (87 euros... Don't know if it's what you call cheap) scheduled for dispatch next Monday.

fernoca

Not bad.
Just recieved a call from work that tomorrow instead of working 11-8, I'll work 2-11.
Now, I can actually play before leaving to work, instead of having to wait untill like 9PM. :)

Vazra

That review is hilarious. Say that with two attack buttons the game can never be taken seriously, then name drop Virtual Fighter as a game to be taken seriously.

Then again that is a blog from a user and not 1up review. Still good someone corrected her in the comments in a lot of ways lol.

kirby2096

I don't have one yet, though The_Monk over in the CAG Euro thread has his dispatching on Thursday.
The CE preorders are also available again for £54 (over £6 cheaper than their nearest competitor), so here's hoping Amazon have sorted things out with the distributor and get them out in time for release.

Squire

Banned
$5 for 4 sounds about right for DLC costumes, but I think they'll be single character packs with a few out every few weeks. So like Christie pack/Tina pack/Lisa pack one month, Kasumi pack/Ayane pack/Kokoro pack the next month, etc etc.

EDIT: Bundles would be cool too. So like "Get all three packs for $12!" That'd be great.

Top Bottom