• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive: Dimensions [3DS] Direct Feed Screens.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Sega said:
countdown.png

hyped to hell, purgatory, and heaven! :D

ILikeFeet said:
hyped to hell, purgatory, and heaven! :D

For good reason!
Even with the outrageous original 3DS topic that hyped, speculated and just went crazy over the name and the fact that it's 3D, the reveal still blew us away.

Also, apparently GS is reporting a November 22nd release, so it's looking good for everyone that isn't Gravijah.
:D

Sega

AceBandage said:
Also, apparently GS is reporting a November 22nd release, so it's looking good for everyone that isn't Gravijah.
I hope that means Gravijah made a bet that if it came out this year, he owes us all 3DSs.

Door2Dawn

Banned
AceBandage said:
Source is too shady to confirm this.

Assuming you picked that up from that 3DS blog of course.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
AceBandage said:

If you're talking about the rumour I think you're talking about, the source is some random comment from a nobody on some random nobody blog, here.

Door2Dawn said:
Source is too shady to confirm this.

Assuming you picked that up from that 3DS blog of course.

Yeah, but these rumors are always shady like that.
I just can not see them releasing it after the holiday rush, and the week of Black Friday is a pretty key time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
AceBandage said:
I just can not see them releasing it after the holiday rush, and the week of Black Friday is a pretty key time.

That was my thinking as well, but this is Nintendo and it is the DS brand. They could set the release date as 31st of February on the dark side of moon and it would still manage to sell out.

Vamphuntr

AceBandage said:

That doesn't mean much. By that same logic they should launch their big franchises like Pokémon before the Holiday Rush. Which they do not.

Well, it could be a two fold reason.
Like undercutting Kinect and keeping the device in people's mind through the months after the new year because it'll be the hot holiday gift.

ILikeFeet

Banned
stockholders would prolly want a christmas release unless, Iwata can convince them otherwise. but they would have no other competition in the same catagory (Kinect and Move would be competition but not in same catagory). and this would give them a chance to cut into the PSP's demo before Sony can get the word out for the PSP2

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I can't believe its been 3 months since the godly 3DS reveal. Most hyped I've been for a system since I was much, much younger. It seems to have gone into "idle mode" recently. I'm ready for the onslaught of 3DS awesome!

Sega

Kodiak said:
I can't believe its been 3 months since the godly 3DS reveal. Most hyped I've been for a system since I was much, much younger. It seems to have gone into "idle mode" recently. I'm ready for the onslaught of 3DS awesome!
You only have to wait until next week. Next week.

GDGF

Soothsayer
AceBandage said:
Probably not a good idea, given how recent 3DS threads have turned out.

It would probably be OK if we could behave ourselves :lol

(serioulsy, settle down folks)

if only you guys would stop talking about fucking feet, futa, and thunder monkey's nipples(wtf?) all the fucking time then we'd probably be allowed to have a hype thread

Sega

Kodiak said:
What exactly is next week? I've heard rumblings but I was off GAF and sans internet the past two months.
On September 29th, Nintendo is holding an event to spew details on 3DS. It will most certainly be the price and release date, but most of us think it will also include a healthy amount of games/game info, especially since TGS was completely empty of 3DS games aside from EA's "My Garden". It seems they're holding everything back for this event.

Kodiak said:
What exactly is next week? I've heard rumblings but I was off GAF and sans internet the past two months.

Next week (technically a week and a half as it's on the 29th) is an event by Nintendo in Japan where they'll be unveiling the date and price of the 3DS, I and a number of others also assume that it'll act as the Fall Conference that Nintendo also held in '07 and '08 but skipped last year for some unknown reason. :(

Edit: Essentially what Sega said. :p

ILikeFeet

Banned
QuiteWhittle said:
if only you guys would stop talking about fucking feet, futa, and thunder monkey's nipples(wtf?) all the fucking time then we'd probably be allowed to have a hype thread

you make it sound like it's my fault.

when does Nintendo send out invites? (or maybe the press already have them and aren't allowed to talk about it)

ILikeFeet said:
you make it sound like it's my fault.

when does Nintendo send out invites? (or maybe the press already have them and aren't allowed to talk about it)

I think in years past, they didn't get them until like a week before hand.

farnham

Banned
man i just hope that this nintendo event will have some wii announcements.

i know that im getting 3DS no matter what happens so...

[Nintex]

farnham said:

Nintendo still has Mario Sports, Zelda and The Last Story lined up for 2011(and perhaps Xenoblade in the US/EU). So I don't expect much untill E3 next year. Maybe a somewhat low-key title from Next Level or Monster Games.

EatChildren

farnham said:

Dont count on it.

ILikeFeet

Banned
farnham said:

it should. it's the standard Nintendo Fall Conference but the headliner is the 3DS

John Harker said:
I did. It sucked at E3.

That said, it was far more a tech demo than anything else. But it played crappy and looked REALLY early.

LOL, this is Koei. All of their action games after Winback sucked. This is a company that created the first polygonal Romance of the 3 Kingdoms at the end of the PS2's life span. Or if you look at it another way, it took 11 Romance of the 3 Kingdoms games before the series used "modern" graphical technology.

You should see what Uncharted Waters Online on the PS3 looks like. I swear to god Dreamcast graphics in HD with some minor reflection in the water.

The only thing from TGS was My Garden from EA (because they still don't get how to make proper games on Nintendo platforms) and that MGS:Snake Eater is a 2011 title.

ILikeFeet

Banned
AceBandage said:
The only thing from TGS was My Garden from EA (because they still don't get how to make proper games on Nintendo platforms) and that MGS:Snake Eater is a 2011 title.

I wouldn't say that....

Actually, it has nothing to do with not appealing to my demographic, and everything to do with the fact that, besides the nice effects, it looks ugly and bland, seems to be nothing more than a point and click game about flowers and a fat racoon, and EA basically said "Yeah, we don't do anything but casual crap for Nintendo systems."

So yeah, they still don't get it.
Seriously, give me a good garden sim that combines Flower with Viva Pinata and I'm all over it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
QuiteWhittle said:
you can't get a normal hype thread for the 3ds - they all turn into hysteria threads.

Boney said:

Well, unless MS decides to make a quick buck by licensing some of its IPs to a third-party handheld publisher (which wouldn't be completely unprecedented - see Munch's Oddysee for GBA, or MechAssault and Age of Empires for DS).

Poyunch

Father_Brain said:
Well, unless MS decides to make a quick buck by licensing some of its IPs to a third-party handheld publisher (which wouldn't be completely unprecedented - see Munch's Oddysee for GBA, or MechAssault and Age of Empires for DS).
And Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise.

Top Bottom