• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive: Dimensions [3DS] Direct Feed Screens.

Father_Brain said:
Well, unless MS decides to make a quick buck by licensing some of its IPs to a third-party handheld publisher (which wouldn't be completely unprecedented - see Munch's Oddysee for GBA, or MechAssault and Age of Empires for DS).

And Viva Pinata for the Nintendo DS.

PounchEnvy said:
So yeah what would be the chances of a Viva Pinata on 3DS?

From Rare? Pretty low, I believe the portable unit was killed.

From another developer? Decent chance, MS has released various titles on Nintendo systems via THQ.

ILikeFeet

Banned
jamesinclair said:
From Rare? Pretty low, I believe the portable unit was killed.

From another developer? Decent chance, MS has released various titles on Nintendo systems via THQ.
Well now that they have the WP7, they don't need to put out stuff for the competitor.

sfried

I thougth you guys bumped the post because TEMCO finally released footage of the game in action.

Turns out to be just more countdown hype generating.

DR2K

Banned
Finaika said:
I'm kinda surprised how big this thread is, I thought the DOA series is frowned upon by NeoGAF in general.

It's hard to frown upon a game you don't play. DOAD is exciting people about the 3DS potential.

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/09/super_street_fighter_iv_producer_hints_at_extra_3ds_content

A portable, fully-equipped, 3D-enabled conversion of Super Street Fighter IV sounded too good to be true just six months ago, but here we are in the knowledge that Capcom is bringing Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition to the 3DS with all 35 characters intact. Will it be adding more to the mix? Producer Yoshinori Ono is reluctant to confirm or deny.

RevoGamers: Will the 3DS version have any new content, like new characters or costumes?
Ono: I really want to tell you, but I can't (Laughs) You'll probably have to wait.

This interview was conducted on August 18th and Ono went on to say gamers would have to wait a month and a half for more information, which brings us neatly to the end of September, pointing to September 29th as the date we'll discover more than just the 3DS's release date and pricing.

When quizzed about the game's multiplayer modes, Ono stated the team is currently investigating how best to realise the series' famous multiplayer mode. One cryptic comment points to an as-yet unannounced multiplayer feature of the 3DS – could Ono be referring to CrossPass or something even more secretive?

So Nintendo will be announcing exactly how that's done sometime soon, and Super Street Fighter IV will be there when they announce the features.

Sipowicz

Banned
ILikeFeet said:
the latter. so many people are quick to dismiss the game just because they aren't the targeted demographic.

Maybe they're dismissing it because it's a "casual" game (always a mark of quality) aimed at small children and japanese people because EA believes them to be the only people who play nintendo handhelds.

Maybe it's because the footage for this "game" so far is the most boring thing ever seen.

Maybe it's because the game is obviously being rushed out for launch in order to capitalise on the ignorance of early adopters.

Mabe it's because EA are terrible on both nintendo systems and handhelds, to the point where they'll charge you 50 dollars for shit versions of games that are free elsewhere.

Maybe it's because the developers of EA's only good handheld game have all left the company, presumably so they can continue making good games

AceBandage said:
So yeah, they still don't get it.
Seriously, give me a good garden sim that combines Flower with Viva Pinata and I'm all over it.

yeah, you wont be seeing that from EA. In fact you wont be seeing good games from them period. Just the same kiddy shovelware and overpriced rushed garbage you've come to expect.

louie

New interview with Yousuke 'Haymaker' Hayashi: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/22/doa_dimensions_interview/

Some choice quotes:
We can expect the game's stages to have more dynamic elements, said Hayahsi. This is in reference to such areas as players being able to run into objects, and objects falling off cliffs. Such areas are being strengthened for Dimensions.

Also confirmation that every character will be in doad (...well probably not spartan).
...This means that the characters everyone expects to be in the game will be there, he said.

Forever

Banned
RevoGamers: Will the 3DS version have any new content, like new characters or costumes?
Ono: I really want to tell you, but I can't (Laughs) You'll probably have to wait.
Samus confirmed.

comedy bomb said:
No way dude, Princess Peach.

You know you want it.

Rosalina__s_gift_by_SigurdHosenfeld.jpg

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
AceBandage said:
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs36/300W/i/2008/244/b/6/Rosalina__s_gift_by_SigurdHosenfeld.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]
Please don't "ILikeFeet" this thread :(

Barrett2

Finaika said:
I'm kinda surprised how big this thread is, I thought the DOA series is frowned upon by NeoGAF in general.
New consoles always gets people overly hyped about what turn out to be meh' games.

Vic said:
I don't do this o_O

I'm sure morbid curiosity has gotten you to look at something you wouldn't normally before.
Besides, most of this stuff I find is like the 4th picture on Google image search for whatever it is.
All I did was type in "Rosalina" and I got that.
:lol

Boney

Banned
AceBandage said:
I'm sure morbid curiosity has gotten you to look at something you wouldn't normally before.
Besides, most of this stuff I find is like the 4th picture on Google image search for whatever it is.
I'm scared of typing Sonic...

Rezbit

AceBandage said:

Well damn it now you made me type in Rosalina. And there is an image of her giving birth (?!) to a luma. Damn you AceBandage!

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
AceBandage said:
That's the Volley Ball game, right?
Nah, I think it's the one with that old guy that sneaks around.
Wait, I think you're right. It did have a volley ball game.

Busaiku said:
Dead or Alive topics are always so weird.
Really? I thought it was just a 3DStopic thing. Almost all of them end up this way.

It's quite sad.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I'm not falling for that Ace, nope not me. You can't bait me.

can't do it. no siree bob.

tinax2_2.jpg

A friend of mine hopes we get bikini alt. costumes. Or a viewer mode. So he can look at the detailed character models and what not.

Frankfurt

Banned
12 pages, not even two pages worth of DOA discussion.

When you see a thread worse than SRK's, you know things have gone down the drain.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
_dementia said:
"a friend of mine"

also my favorite DOA character is a dude WHAT NOW?
Brad Wong and Eliot (Who I thought was a chick at first) better be in this.

How will you make a guys boobs bounce in this version?

ILikeFeet

Banned
Vic said:
Please don't "ILikeFeet" this thread :(

If I wanted this thread locked (and prolly banned for it too), I'd start talking about some other shit I seen with Rosalina.

anywho, I wonder if they are going to add bonus story features and modes. a 3D model viewer is too obvious. not to mention online play and rankings :D

louie

Her standard is her default doa4 costume, so thats a negative on panty-ness.

There will probably be a school girl alt though.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
louie said:
Her standard is her default doa4 costume, so thats a negative on panty-ness.

:( :( :(

DoA is my guilty pleasure. Partially for the simple, yet fun, lightnight-fast fighting mechanics. And partially for the nearly naked plastic ladies showing ever more polygonal flesh with every kick and flip.

It also doesn't help me that my most shameless fetish is female undergarments. >:/

Curse you Dead or Alive!! curse you...

Top Bottom