• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 Review Thread

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I find it hard to believe Capcom puts out one if not the best launch game in a while and they can't do this on a yearly basis. I can't wait to get their f2p DD and it's great they got great reviews. I'm just shocked. I want a ps4 port of this.

People don't like KillZone cause it ain't Halo enough.

Let's not forget how wonderful kameo and perfect dark zero were. I'd take mediocrity over that any day of the week.

Alchemy

Would be all over this if it was 1080p and locked at no less than 30 fps.Dead Rising has been a tier 2 franchise to me, but this would fill in time waiting for the spring releases nicely.

Rockondevil

Pretty much what I expected. DR games aren't for everyone, but I know I get a lot of fun out of them and co-op just ups that fun so much more.

It definitely isn't a perfect game, but I can't see how anyone expected it to be with what it is.

Lynn616

Going to have to get an X1 for this and the TV stuff. Was going to wait but might get one if I can find one this weekend.

So Chris Carter aka @DtoidChris just posted this a few minutes ago on his twitter feed.

"I beat Dead Rising 3 twice, and only once did I have any framerate problems for a few seconds -- and it didn't impede my gameplay at all."

Also I asked about in co-op and was told "no noticable difference" Yes, Yes, YES!!!!

lee8hHM.gif

QCsObDQ.gif

DF has some splainin' to do...

derFeef

I suspect a lot of people simply don't notice minor dips under 30 fps.

That's what I mean. I am certainly sensitive to it, but I don't mind it as much as some for sure - as long as it's not paired with heavy slow-downs and the game starts to control like goo.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Did you play the first two games? 30fps would be a godsend
Dead Rising 1 runs smoother than Dead Rising 3.

The second game was a technical mess, though.

Doesn't excuse this situation, though. They already dropped to 720p yet there's still framerate issues.

madmackem

Wow at all this framerate news, what's going on??
Maybe some people are just not as sensitive to it?

Theres other reivews that mentions the frame drops being there and pretty heavy, its like the 1080p thing all over again, its better to just accept that some of these reviewers simply dont know what framedrops are or dont see them as much as others do.

Top Bottom