• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package coming to PS4.

It seems like this game was completely forgotten. Even if it had come out on all three platforms day of release I don't know if that would have helped. Capcom seems to put more worth into Dead Rising then there actually is, and I loved DR1 and enjoyed DR2 and OTR.

RootCause

Jesus @ replies here, I had a lot of fun with it. The story was really dumb but the combat was good. It has some good moments.
The stories have always been dumb. Not surprised by the posts though, some here would rather the series die over the dumb timer. I'm buying it regardless of the whining.

Teepo671

Eh, I'll give it a shot. I've watched part of a playthrough and it didn't look nearly as bad as what I've heard.

I thought this looked fun in trailers, but probably won't have time to play it. Guess I may give it a shot if it's given with Plus at some point down the line

The stories have always been dumb. Not surprised by the posts though, some here would rather the series die over the dumb timer. I'm buying it regardless of the whining.

Dead Rising 1 was the launch 360 game for a lot of people, and that was because of its downright sadistic difficulty and learning curve. Since roguelikes are so popular now I don't see why DR is an outlier, Capcom should have scaled back the series instead of amping it up to make it more marketable.

So with that exclusive Playstation VR level in Tomb Raider along with the DLC and now this those Microsoft timed-exclusive deals look incredibly bad for everyone and an actual complete waste of money for Microsoft.

Marcel

The series died because of pandering to whiners who didn't want a timer actually.

Jawmuncher

I'll probably grab this when it hits the bargain bin so I can play the Frank Rising DLC and Capcom Heroes. If it's like DR4 on Xbox it'll be hitting 20-30 within a few months.

So with that exclusive Playstation VR level in Tomb Raider along with the DLC and now this those Microsoft timed-exclusive deals look incredibly bad for everyone and an actual complete waste of money for Microsoft.

The problem with ROTR and DR4 was that from the perspective of "differentiation" to sell more consoles, both games ended up performing poorly and wasn't a high-demand product that had tangible effects of pushing more systems.

Titanfall was MS's most effective one to date.

MikeBison

People who say the series 'died' because they took the timer out are just as bad as people who think BOTW is terrible because it has item durability. Fine to not like the decision, but no need to be so melodramatic.

It's not just 'whiners' that didn't like the timer. Literally every person i've ever spoken to about Dead Rising in real life, liked a lot about 1 and 2 but couldn't stand the timer.

I never minded it, never liked it.

Sure there's plenty of dumb fun to be had with this game so will pick it up. More so for it being Christmas themed and out in December.

People who say the series 'died' because they took the timer out are just as bad as people who think BOTW is terrible because it has item durability. Fine to not like the decision, but no need to be so melodramatic.

It's not just 'whiners' that didn't like the timer. Literally every person i've ever spoken to about Dead Rising in real life, liked a lot about 1 and 2 but couldn't stand the timer.

I never minded it, never liked it.

Sure there's plenty of dumb fun to be had with this game so will pick it up. More so for it being Christmas themed and out in December.

I think the thing is Capcom had higher hopes for Dead Rising then it ever had the chance to reach. By removing the more difficult/controversial elements in favor of a wider appeal they may have alienated big fans of DR1/2/OTR in favor of...not a whole lot. DR4 sold like shit.

Wow, basically exactly a year exclusivity it seems. They've probably been sitting on this more than anything.

At least the only missing title on the PS family are the cases and 3 now. Though they can't do anything about 3 unless they pay MS for it like EA did with ME1.

Capcom Heroes sounds like Super Dead Rising. So hopefully Regina shows up in that. Even if it's Frank wearing her outfit.
This should at least get the game past 1 million total.

Ghost Trick Returns
e520b7652e6f7036f9a2421d2264a75a.jpg

where capcom franchises go to die

MikeBison

So DR4 is bad?

I was hoping this game might be my first zombie game of this gen to play.

If you're after a fucking GREAT zombie game, to be had at a great price, with a huge expansion and support still coming in, look no further than Dying Light.

Seriously.

It's a terrible Dead Rising game, but if you just want to slash some zombies casually it still can be entertaining. Just go in with low expectations.

But if you expect something closer to the first games of the series you should avoid the game at all costs.

Kolibri

So this isn't like the other Dead Rising games? I might actually enjoy it then. I'm in (For the sweet Cammy outfit)

Top Bottom