• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Coming to Wii - Famitsu

This is all good and all, but we really do not know the extent of the port. Is it a quick cash in? I serious effort, what?

And then you gotta deal with the "hardcore" people constantly nipping at your toes and constantly asking "Why play Wii when its on 360?"

Hellsing321 said:
No they were trying to get back money on a bad deal with Nintendo.
Yeah, that didn't work out so well with Viewtiful Joe. :lol

Porting it to the PS2 killed the franchise. The game sold over 300k on Gamecube, when it went multi the Gamecube version still did better but the game ended up being a megabomb, I don't think either version ever passed 100k.

They essentially pissed off the Nintendo crowd that supported the game and were left with nothing.

What exactly is High Speed Robot Battle?

Andrex said:
MS Sensen 0079 still has to be brought over. :( Any Famitsu data on that?

At this point, it won't be coming over. Neither of the Gundam games (Ace Pilot is fantastic, by the way) on the Gamecube came to North America, and a lot of PS2 ones didn't either. If you want it, import it.

I like 00 the best out of all the Gundam animes though. :/ Wish Wii would get one. Hell, DS got one and I still want that to come over too.

I have the DS game, you're not missing much.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
distantmantra said:
What exactly is High Speed Robot Battle?

At this point, it won't be coming over. Neither of the Gundam games (Ace Pilot is fantastic, by the way) on the Gamecube came to North America, and a lot of PS2 ones didn't either. If you want it, import it.

I have the DS game, you're not missing much.

Ah, well thank you muchly. <3

Arde5643 said:
At this point I'm really wondering if Ninty is doing this on purpose - while they only show casual stuff for E3, they let all the third party get the attention of the core groups. :/

YES.

This is what I've been saying all along.

And why do you sound disappointed? Nintendo's already delived this gen in spades. People complain about the third party situation on Nintendo consoles but then baw their eyes out when Nintendo doesn't show anything. I'll never get it...

duckroll

lupin23rd said:
High Speed Robot Battle?

The only High-Speed Robot Battle games that form a series that would be considered "returning" would be Another Century's Episode and Zone of the Enders.

Looks like Capcom is giving me what I want lately. I got Okami a week or two ago and now they are releasing Dead Rising on the Wii? I always wanted to play that game, and I don't care if it's a port, it's better than the Wii Music tragedy from earlier. I'm interested to see how the controls work, what if it uses the WiiMotion Plus? :eek: (no more waggle fests!?)

Can't wait ^.^

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
titiklabingapat said:
This is all good and all, but we really do not know the extent of the port. Is it a quick cash in? I serious effort, what?

And then you gotta deal with the "hardcore" people constantly nipping at your toes and constantly asking "Why play Wii when its on 360?"
I think the biggest news here is that Capcom's Framework engine have been retooled to work on the Wii.

rkenshin said:
I can only imagine the pathetic survivor AI can only get dumber in the Wii version
Depends on how it was implemented in the first place. AI in many of its current forms doesn't require the processing power you might think it would and many of the fancier forms don't produce the results you'd always like. It all comes down to the implementation.

AniHawk

Dead Rising PS3 can't be too far behind.

Because if they're going through all this effort, I'll bet they're prepping a Dead Rising 2 for all systems.

jman2050

duckroll said:
The only High-Speed Robot Battle games that form a series that would be considered "returning" would be Another Century's Episode and Zone of the Enders.

Oh god another ZOE game would make me cream my pants, seriously.

M74

Andrex said:
YES.

This is what I've been saying all along.

And why do you sound disappointed? Nintendo's already delived this gen in spades. People complain about the third party situation on Nintendo consoles but then baw their eyes out when Nintendo doesn't show anything. I'll never get it...
Because the two conditions shouldn't have to be mutually exclusive. We should be able to enjoy great 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party titles all at the same time.

Vic said:
I think the biggest news here is that Capcom's Framework engine have been retooled to work on the Wii.
Yes! Someone gets it!

Me said:
Oh shit, this is just a test to see if the engine can work on the Wii.

Dead Rising Wii -> Mega Man Legends Wii

:O :O :O
duckroll said:
Stop encouraging me, damn it! ;_;

duckroll said:

Well, the PS3 is getting something from the Super Robot series, and Another Century's Episode is technically part of that whole thing...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Shouta

duckroll said:

The only series that anyone would care about anyway.

M74

AniHawk said:

Because if they're going through all this effort, I'll bet they're prepping a Dead Rising 2 for all systems.
We can only hope.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
AniHawk said:

Did PS3 owners pass the test? :eek:

Delio

Wowww well this is a shocker. I was just telling a friend how i was worried how Dead rising would look on my small tv when i got a 360. I would so wait for this if it has some cool gameplay and new weapons. I wonder how the engine will work on the Wii maybe a retooling of the RE4 engine? Cant wait to see some media for this sooner or later. Thanks Capcom.

cvxfreak

Sorry about the other thread.

Interview snippets:

- RE4 Wii sold well so Capcom is porting DR
- As much as possible Capcom will match the 360 look.
- Is taking into mind casual gamers' needs
- Playable w/ Wiimote and nunchuck. There are waggle atacks similar to RE4 Wii.

M74 said:
Because the two conditions shouldn't have to be mutually exclusive. We should be able to enjoy great 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party titles all at the same time.

Tell it to the "We can't compete with Nintendo, so we're not even going to try!" stance a lot of third party developers take.

Linkhero1

cvxfreak said:

Interview snippets:

- As much as possible Capcom will match the 360 look. - Is taking into mind casual gamers' needs
I'll add it to the op :)

AniHawk

cvxfreak said:

Jesus, is this gonna be their rationale for everything?

"Well, RE4 sold well, so we're porting RE2."

ZombieSupaStar said:
<------ I LOVE DEAD RISING, now im glad I have a wii

but... how in the hell is it going to run on the Wii?

What's the point in getting it for the Wii if you have it for the 360? You know it's just a port, right?

Dead Rising...wii...
2jenxvt.jpg

takotchi

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the title is "Dead Rising: Zombie Sacrifice"? Anyway, it's hard to tell from the pictures, but the health/inventory thing in the corner looks different. Still mentions Willamette Mall, so probably just a downgraded/updated port. Eh...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
M74 said:

But 3rd-parties see any Nintendo success as them monopolizing on their console, despite how ridiculous the notion is. A little cool-off time for Nintendo after Game of the Decade&#8482; Mario Galaxy, Fanservice Omega&#8482; Twilight Princess and Brawl, and Culmination of the Franchise&#8482; Metroid Prime 3 will benefit everyone- Nintendo, 3rd-parties, and thus gamers.

cvxfreak said:

Interview snippets:

I wonder what that means. New save system?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
AniHawk said:

What's the point in getting it for the Wii if you have it for the 360? You know it's just a port, right?

"Well, RE4 sold well, so we're porting Steel Batallion."

cvxfreak said:

That makes sense, both games have zombies(oh wait).

This all but confirms it'll be a straight port with scaled-back graphics and waggle...Ugh. Of all the clever combinations of waggle play and zombies in a mall they go with a straight port? Bleagh. Honestly though I'd be happy with a version of Dead Rising without the timer system but way more involving zombie killing.

M74

MrNyarlathotep said:
Tell it to the "We can't compete with Nintendo, so we're not even going to try!" stance a lot of third party developers take.
I would tell them to do a better job. Most of the time they get overshadowed because their games can't compare. If they were more focused on making better games, instead of trying to cash in a quick shovelware buck, they might not have that problem.

Granted, a significant part of the disproportionate gravitation toward Nintendo titles is due to their dedicated fan followings and legendary status. I believe, however, an equally significant part of that phenomenon is the side effect of trust versus mistrust. Main Nintendo franchises, for the most part, are consistent. A similar sentiment often times does not exist with their third party partners, unfortunately.

AniHawk said:

1 FOR EACH HAND!

rkenshin

Dunno about the rest of you but I want to have my Mii run around and kill zombies or at least have Frank wear a Mii helmet (like Kobun)

Troidal

duckroll said:

Didn't they say A.C.E.3 was the final chapter in the game? If it is A.C.E.4, then that was pretty quick of them to come back.

Z.O.E.3 berieve?

Man Famitsu is owning E3 to some extent. Dead Rising Wii, potential ZOE3?

lupin23rd

duckroll said:

Interesting, didn't think of those.

I was thinking more along the lines of another Armored Core game, or Gundam VS Gundam (which I don't think has come out?) - the former being very unlikely and the latter a likely PS2 game...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
cvxfreak said:

Interview snippets:

They think mostly casual gamers bought RE4? Well there's the problem, Capcom should blame their own stupidity when this bombs. :|

Top Bottom