• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 Game Informer Details [Use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Universal ammo bothers me, but it will allow me to use all the weapons available rather than focus on two per playthrough. I don't know if it's truly a bad thing.

A cover system would be fine provided there are numerous monsters who don't care much for it. Necromorphs all busting through or shooting a tentacle around cover would be just great.

Third game curse!

That only exists for movies.

Uncharted 3 is pretty amaze, same goes for Gears 3, Halo 3, PGR3, God of War 3, SC Chaos Theory, etc, etc.

There are exceptions of course, but the majority of third entries in a series are usually pretty great.

Universal ammo bothers me, but it will allow me to use all the weapons available rather than focus on two per playthrough. I don't know if it's truly a bad thing.

A cover system would be fine provided there are numerous monsters who don't care much for it. All busting through or shooting a limb around cover would be just great.

What about the ammo system in DS1 or 2 stopped you from using all the weapons available? You made a conscious choice not to use them, don't blame the game for your choices.

Jharp

I'm sure it's been pointed out in the thread, so forgive me if I'm regurgitating it, but perhaps it could be said for emphasis...

Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell both had cover systems. They were not gears of war.

Cover systems aren't the end of the world.

That said, universal ammo in addition to a cover system does seem to spell a pretty terrifying vision of the future.

EDIT: Oh, and why are so many of you acting like Dead Space was somehow a survival horror game? You guys realize that Dead Space was never about survival, even on the harder difficulties, and was always an action game first, right? Sure, it had amazing, thick atmosphere, but it also had runnin' and gunnin' and explosions and waves of enemies coming at you, and shit like that. Ever since the first game, it's been an action series first and foremost. Maybe not of the Gears variety, but it was still action-as-fuck action.

def sim

What about the ammo system in DS1 or 2 stopped you from using all the weapons available? You made a conscious choice not to use them, don't blame the game for your choices.

The ammo provided to the player depended on which weapons were used. On the hardest difficulty, I focused on two to minimize unnecessary ammo gain. I'm not blaming the game considering I didn't hate that model. That's just how it worked.

Having universal ammo would seemingly allow more weapon variation. I already said that change bothers me, though also noted it may be a positive. What's wrong with that?

I'm sure it's been pointed out in the thread, so forgive me if I'm regurgitating it, but perhaps it could be said for emphasis...

Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell both had cover systems. They were not gears of war.

Cover systems aren't the end of the world.

That said, universal ammo in addition to a cover system does seem to spell a pretty terrifying vision of the future.

What do games like MGS and SC have in common with DS?

Why even bring that up? This is a horror game, horror games shouldn't feature cover unless they are going the helpless route where the protag is a weak, helpless, etc with no weapons and has to use cover/stealth to survive.

The ammo provided to the player depended on which weapons were used. On the hardest difficulty, I focused on two to minimize unnecessary ammo gain. I'm not blaming the game considering I didn't hate that model. That's just how it worked.

Having universal ammo would seemingly allow more weapon variation. I already said that change bothers me, though also noted it may be a positive. What's wrong with that?

The past system also allowed for weapon variation, but it was left to the player. The game gives you plenty of ammo for all your weapons, so I don't see the point of introducing a universal ammo system, it just doesn't make sense. It won't force people to use all their weapons, a unique ammo system encourages that, not a universal ammo system.

Jharp

What do games like MGS and SC have in common with DS?

Why even bring that up? This is a horror game, horror games shouldn't feature cover unless they are going the helpless route where the protag is a weak, helpless, etc with no weapons and has to use cover/stealth to survive.

You answered your own question there- you all assume that cover system means they're going the Gears route, with no prior information, but why isn't anyone offering the idea that they're actually, I don't know, turning the game into a fucking survival horror game, because it damn sure hasn't been one thus far in the series. Like you said, cover can be used to foster stealth gameplay, which in turn can be used to avoid enemies in tense survival scenarios.

The door can swing either way on this one.

You answered your own question there- you all assume that cover system means they're going the Gears route, with no prior information, but why isn't anyone offering the idea that they're actually, I don't know, turning the game into a fucking survival horror game, because it damn sure hasn't been one thus far in the series. Like you said, cover can be used to foster stealth gameplay, which in turn can be used to avoid enemies in tense survival scenarios.

The door can swing either way on this one.

I never claimed they were going the 'gears route'. I know games can have cover and not be like Gears, but that doesn't change the fact that this game doesn't need cover.

DS has never been about stealth, it should never be about stealth. It's a horror game, I don't want to use cover to sneak past gun toting enemies or necromorphs, if I wanted a stealth game I'd play Hitman, SC, MGS.

This was the last genuinely good horror game on consoles, now it's seemingly gone the action route. Is it really too much to ask that a game that managed to be a successful horror game stay a horror game without the added crap of cover and other nonsensical additions that turn into an action game?

Jharp

I never claimed they were going the 'gears route'. I know games can have cover and not be like Gears, but that doesn't change the fact that this game doesn't need cover.

DS has never been about stealth, it should never be about stealth. It's a horror game, I don't want to use cover to sneak past gun toting enemies or necromorphs, if I wanted a stealth game I'd play Hitman, SC, MGS.

This was the last genuinely good horror game on consoles, now it's seemingly gone the action route. Is it really too much to ask that a game that managed to be a successful horror game stay a horror game without the added crap of cover and other nonsensical additions that turn into an action game?

I guess I fail to see that it is, in fact, a horror game. It's got monsters, thick atmosphere, and jump scares, sure, but... horror? You're running around blasting motherfuckers. It's always been a goddamn action game. Stop acting like it hasn't.

If you want to play horror games, I have a few suggestions for you. You could, for instance, start with Amnesia, but given your seeming distaste for stealth and enemy avoidance, perhaps that game won't work for you. Oh, I know, you could play Resident Evil 4 and 5! They have no cover system, but plenty of high octane action feature machine gun on monster violence, so you can play an action game, but still lie to yourself and say it's a horror game!

def sim

The past system also allowed for weapon variation, but it was left to the player. The game gives you plenty of ammo for all your weapons, so I don't see the point of introducing a universal ammo system, it just doesn't make sense. It won't force people to use all their weapons, a unique ammo system encourages that, not a universal ammo system.

Sure you can use as much weapons as you want but it certainly diluted the amount of ammo received for each. It led to a situation where each weapon had ammo, but very little of it. It isn't preferable because of limited inventory space. You say there's plenty of ammo, and there is, but not when you're using anything other than the two model system. Having universal ammo would allow (not force) more weapon variation because inventory won't be as big of a problem when ammo is gathered from the same pool. Each gun will have as much ammo as I want it to.

Let's be clear here, Dead Space is a franchise that never really encouraged or "force" weapon variation. They were always for funsies. Both DS1&2 can be beaten easily with only a plasma cutter.

Fantaz

Banned
EDIT: Oh, and why are so many of you acting like Dead Space was somehow a survival horror game? You guys realize that Dead Space was never about survival, even on the harder difficulties, and was always an action game first, right? Sure, it had amazing, thick atmosphere, but it also had runnin' and gunnin' and explosions and waves of enemies coming at you, and shit like that. Ever since the first game, it's been an action series first and foremost. Maybe not of the Gears variety, but it was still action-as-fuck action.

Well in my mind I was just hoping that Dead Space 3 = System Shock 3

Is there another AAA franchise beloved by gamers that got destroyed in the same generation by its third game?

Yes there is! Destroyed by its SECOND game even!

Dragon. Age.

Jharp

Is there another AAA franchise beloved by gamers that got destroyed in the same generation by its third game?

Yes there is! Destroyed by its SECOND game even!

Dragon. Age.

You asked for it, you got it fans! Introducing the follow up to From Software's smash hit Dark Souls, the spiritual successor to the 2009 Game of the Year Demon's Souls, DEAD SOULS, with added difficulty levels, the ability to pause the game, and automatic check point saves. Revamped item system allows you to keep playing while we choose the best weapon and armor for you, and no more pesky attribute distribution, we took out stats all together! Also, aren't swords and magic lame? We put in medieval assault rifles!

Dead Souls, 2013.

Jharp

Oh, and in all seriousness, I guess a small case might be made for Uncharted 3? It was still a damn good game, but man, after the stellar bucket of sunshine, puppies, and cupcakes that Uncharted 2 was, and how well it realized what Naughty Dog was trying to do with Uncharted 1, Uncharted 3 was just sort of... meh. The storytelling suffered a great deal, and the action felt half-assed at times.

I guess I fail to see that it is, in fact, a horror game. It's got monsters, thick atmosphere, and jump scares, sure, but... horror? You're running around blasting motherfuckers. It's always been a goddamn action game. Stop acting like it hasn't.

If you want to play horror games, I have a few suggestions for you. You could, for instance, start with Amnesia, but given your seeming distaste for stealth and enemy avoidance, perhaps that game won't work for you. Oh, I know, you could play Resident Evil 4 and 5! They have no cover system, but plenty of high octane action feature machine gun on monster violence, so you can play an action game, but still lie to yourself and say it's a horror game!

DS1 was a horror game, high on atmosphere and somewhat low on action. DS2 upped the action some, but it was considered a horror game.

This doesn't sound like a horror game, could be hope and I hope I am, but this sounds like a fully fledged action game.

Amnesia's on consoles?

RE5 had a cover system. o_O

I don't need to lie myself, DS1 and DS2 are horror games. It's accepted fact. Silly to claim otherwise.

Sure you can use as much weapons as you want but it certainly diluted the amount of ammo received for each. It led to a situation where each weapon had ammo, but very little of it. It isn't preferable because of limited inventory space. You say there's plenty of ammo, and there is, but not when you're using anything other than the two model system. Having universal ammo would allow (not force) more weapon variation because inventory won't be as big of a problem when ammo is gathered from the same pool. Each gun will have as much ammo as I want it to.

Let's be clear here, Dead Space is a franchise that never really encouraged or "force" weapon variation. They were always for funsies. Both DS1&2 can be beaten easily with only a plasma cutter.

I never had a problem maintaining ammo levels for the four weapons I used throughout both DS1 and DS2 and those four weapons all had their uses.

With regards to inventory space, what was it used for in past games beyond health stasis and air (which was removed in DS2)? You have plenty of inventory space for four different ammo types.

Sure, just like you can beat any number of other games with just one weapon, that doesn't take away from the fact that that's a player choice, it says a lot about the games accessibility that it allows players to complete the game by just using one weapon or a whole set of weapons.

Jharp

DS1 was a horror game, high on atmosphere and somewhat low on action. DS2 upped the action some, but it was considered a horror game.

This doesn't sound like a horror game, could be hope and I hope I am, but this sounds like a fully fledged action game.

Amnesia's on consoles?

RE5 had a cover system. o_O

I don't need to lie myself, DS1 and DS2 are horror games. It's accepted fact. Silly to claim otherwise.

Accepted fact by who? The genre description on Amazon? I'm sorry, somehow I can't seem to take a game that has me turret shooting, and fighting waves of oncoming enemies with an assortment of automatic weapons, flame throwers, chainsaws, and explosives seriously as horror.

The only thing that makes Dead Space a horror game is the aesthetic, and in an interactive medium such as games, I feel there needs to be more to it than that. Aesthetic works in film because all you do in a film is watch, but in a game, you are an agent in the production, so horror has to illicit, I don't know, actual horror and terror in the player, as the one being subjected to the events depicted. The only time I ever felt this was on my Impossible run, which was also when I decided to go for the One Gun achievement. So yes, playing Dead Space 1 on the absolute hardest difficulty available, only using what was essentially a pistol, was actually a bit tense and scary at times. But not only is that quite a few hoops to jump through in order to get any legitimate scares out of a game, the game tends to funnel ammo drops to whatever weapons you're using, which means on a One Gun run, sure you're using the Plasma Cutter, but there's a boatload of ammo laying about for it. I actually thought Dead Space 2 on Zealot, using whatever weapons I wanted was significantly harder and more tense than the first game was on Impossible using only the damn Plasma Cutter.

Anyways, point I'm trying to make is this- just because a game has dark levels, loud noises, and big scary monsters, doesn't make it horror, because there's never anything actually hiding in the dark, whatever makes those loud noises hardly ever poses a threat to the player, and if any sort of danger is faced, it can be easily overcome with a quick burst from a goddamn machine gun. The one segment that seems to be an exception to this is the regenerating Hunter that chases you for a whole couple of minutes or so. And man what a scary couple of minutes that was!

Like I said, I have a rough time taking Dead Space seriously as a horror game, because, well, there's no actual sense of horror in it. Just because the back of the box says it's horror, and the Game Informer article says it's horror, doesn't really make it horror. Because it's still missing the horror part of horror. You know? It's not... horrific?

Feindflug

All the latest info about the game doesn't sound promising at all...co-op (which is at least optional but still totally pointless in a horror/atmospheric game IMO), cover system, universal ammo, the inclusion of rolling/evading animations and more ammo drops are definitely not what I was expecting from the third game.

I loved the previous DS games but after finishing the second I had the feeling that the series needed a change and a similar third installment would've feel stale and too safe...to keep things fresh and interesting I thought that Metroid Prime would've been a nice influence for the series and why not the genre but instead DS3 goes the easy route of more action, cover and co-op which is disappointing.

Still waiting for the horror game that will try to evolve the genre by not catering to action...

Robot Pants

Accepted fact by who? The genre description on Amazon? I'm sorry, somehow I can't seem to take a game that has me turret shooting, and fighting waves of oncoming enemies with an assortment of automatic weapons, flame throwers, chainsaws, and explosives seriously as horror.

The only thing that makes Dead Space a horror game is the aesthetic, and in an interactive medium such as games, I feel there needs to be more to it than that. Aesthetic works in film because all you do in a film is watch, but in a game, you are an agent in the production, so horror has to illicit, I don't know, actual horror and terror in the player, as the one being subjected to the events depicted. The only time I ever felt this was on my Impossible run, which was also when I decided to go for the One Gun achievement. So yes, playing Dead Space 1 on the absolute hardest difficulty available, only using what was essentially a pistol, was actually a bit tense and scary at times. But not only is that quite a few hoops to jump through in order to get any legitimate scares out of a game, the game tends to funnel ammo drops to whatever weapons you're using, which means on a One Gun run, sure you're using the Plasma Cutter, but there's a boatload of ammo laying about for it. I actually thought Dead Space 2 on Zealot, using whatever weapons I wanted was significantly harder and more tense than the first game was on Impossible using only the damn Plasma Cutter.

Anyways, point I'm trying to make is this- just because a game has dark levels, loud noises, and big scary monsters, doesn't make it horror, because there's never anything actually hiding in the dark, whatever makes those loud noises hardly ever poses a threat to the player, and if any sort of danger is faced, it can be easily overcome with a quick burst from a goddamn machine gun. The one segment that seems to be an exception to this is the regenerating Hunter that chases you for a whole couple of minutes or so. And man what a scary couple of minutes that was!

Like I said, I have a rough time taking Dead Space seriously as a horror game, because, well, there's no actual sense of horror in it. Just because the back of the box says it's horror, and the Game Informer article says it's horror, doesn't really make it horror. Because it's still missing the horror part of horror. You know? It's not... horrific?
uhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
what games do you consider horror games? I'm curious.
Would you describe Dead Space as suspense instead of horror?

nel e nel

What about the info (apart from the larger levels) is grounds for being optimistic?

Universal ammo? Cover system? More enemies? Enemies with guns? More ammo drops.

You're right, I've seen the error of my ways, game sounds shit hot, yo.

What about the info is grounds for being pessimistic? It's all speculation at this point, no reason to assume it will suck yet.

Hurr Durr.

That only works when the opposite doesn't look completely ridiculous.

I find it interesting that being speculating optimistically is somehow inferior to speculating pessimistically.

It's fascinating how some folks just can't let people be excited about something without having to shit on their parade.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Since CoD4. (CoD2 also featured it, didn't play 3, but I expect the same applies there)

All modern/recent CoD games have featured an unofficial cover system on the higher difficulties, not using cover results in you dying very quickly.

Sp yeah, cover is in there...something everyone who has played them on veteran can confirm.

While I understand the point you are trying to make, lol, that is a pretty loose definition of a "cover system".

As someone who had to play through World at War almost a full 2 times on veteren, stuff that bullets don't pass through makes not a cover system, cover yes, cover system no, otherwise almost every game where you character could stand behind something looking blankly into nothingness would have a cover system.

Kinyou

We have more than enough information to be optimistic about the direction it's taking. The 'it's going to suck' people this past week have become increasingly annoying.
More than enough information?
So far I feel like we have more information that could be considered negative than positive ones.

And apparently was Dante's Inferno not that great of a game, so I don't have 100% super trust in Visceral.

That only exists for movies.

Uncharted 3 is pretty amaze, same goes for Gears 3, Halo 3, PGR3, God of War 3, SC Chaos Theory, etc, etc.

There are exceptions of course, but the majority of third entries in a series are usually pretty great.
*mumble* Gears of war 3 was ruined by the 4 player co-op *mumble*

Truant

leavedeadspacealone.gif

hey brah, i'm up for some unch or some gears.

nah dude, heard about this dead space jam?

no?

well, it's the jam dude

cool, we can play coop, take cover, everything you love

dude

brah

def sim

I never had a problem maintaining ammo levels for the four weapons I used throughout both DS1 and DS2 and those four weapons all had their uses.

With regards to inventory space, what was it used for in past games beyond health stasis and air (which was removed in DS2)? You have plenty of inventory space for four different ammo types.

Sure, just like you can beat any number of other games with just one weapon, that doesn't take away from the fact that that's a player choice, it says a lot about the games accessibility that it allows players to complete the game by just using one weapon or a whole set of weapons.

I shouldn't have to explain these mechanics, I feel you are misremembering a lot of what the first two games were. If ammo were as plentiful and space unproblematic as you have been saying, then what does it matter if they use universal ammo? Your point isn't very clear when your evidence suggests none of it matters.

nel e nel

More than enough information?
So far I feel like we have more information that could be considered negative than positive ones.

And apparently was Dante's Inferno not that great of a game, so I don't have 100% super trust in Visceral.

*mumble* Gears of war 3 was ruined by the 4 player co-op *mumble*

Well, I was being tongue-in-cheek. The information we have is all bits and pieces which can be interpreted either way. To say it's definitively going to suck or is ruined is subjective at best and hyperbolic at worst.

No point in getting bunched panties until we see actual footage and official info. Personally, I prefer G-strings.

Lucent

A cover system would be fine provided there are numerous monsters who don't care much for it. Necromorphs all busting through or shooting a tentacle around cover would be just great.

Yeah, like in the RE6 trailer where Chris slides into cover but an enemy reaches out it's long arm and grabs him by the head like "NO!"

Stuff like that is what would make cover system totally okay. Especially if enemies are fast/numerous enough that you won't be able to just camp behind cover.

The cover system doesn't bother me much as long as the challenge is increased to compensate. Though I think the cover system should only be used in parts where it's needed, like against humans. Take all cover away from most cases where you're supposed to wonder what'll happen when walking through spooky places. Or I guess use cover for trying to avoid some enemies.

I dunno, but they really need to do this right and not go too far into Gears of War territory. This was one of those series that made me believe games can go back to horror again. Most of the horror is in the atmosphere and enemies though.

And I see where the complaints about universal ammo come from. In real life, you wouldn't find shotgun shells and jam them into a handgun because you'd rather use that at the moment. You'd have to use whatever weapon you have ammo for, even if it's not the best for the situation. It's all you have. And that adds to the intensity.

Just please work on horror and don't be catering to what other games are doing because they're selling. =/

Seriously guys. The story. What's it about?!

images-i178599blwtd6.gif

•Now has universal ammo pickups
•Cover system added
•Unitologists pose a threat now,the screens look like they're shooting at isaac while hes taking cover
•Ammo drops are more plentiful

Af7EO.gif

•They want DS3 to be less linear than 2&1;be able to explore large environments and find "unique beta missions" that aren't required to complete the main game.

P0toq.gif

Honestly, I am happy to hear some actual good news along with the more questionable stuff we've mostly caught wind of already. If the exploration is done right it will hopefully provide a much needed counterbalance to the tedious, predictable, increasingly annoying waves upon waves of enemies that make up far too much of DS2. It would be great if the optional missions sprinkled in a wider variety of gameplay scenarios than getting trapped in an open room or elevator with dozens of necromorphs you just sort of blast through indiscriminately. More varied level design and thoughtfully placed enemies would go a long ways towards making a better paced more replayable experience imo. I could see side missions offering that sort of structure.

Also glad to hear they passed on competitive multiplayer. It gives me a little more hope for both the single player and co-op, since I know exactly where development resources went. I'd rather they focus on the core DS experience than spread themselves thin dicking around with unnecessarily tacked on play modes. I am curious how they will handle the differences in narrative between single player and co-op though.

Oh, and piss on the ammo and cover system stuff. It's hard to imagine that actually adding anything unique to the franchise, and pretty easy to imagine it further watering the experience down. Controlling your inventory was a huge part of DS1 and DS2. This new stuff sounds like a regression.

AwShucks

I still can't get over how much of neogaf is complaining and acting like this will be a horrible game. You guys disappoint me with your narrow minds.

Truant

I still can't get over how much of neogaf is complaining and acting like this will be a horrible game. You guys disappoint me with your narrow minds.

Nobody is saying it will be a bad game, but we're kinda bummed out that they're moving away from what made Dead Space 1 so great. Turning it into a brainless Uncharted/GoW thing isn't what Dead Space is about, but I guess they want a piece of that CoD money.

SamuraiX-

Please educate us in the ways of the enlightened mind, oh endowed one.

People are complaining because instead of Visceral adding some innovative or refreshing new features that would refine the already solid gameplay system they've established, they got lazy and are seemingly dumbing everything down by copying and pasting overused features that can be found in 90% of all other TPS games nowadays.

Nobody is saying it will be a bad game, but we're kinda bummed out that they're moving away from what made Dead Space 1 so great. Turning it into a brainless Uncharted/GoW thing isn't what Dead Space is about, but I guess they want a piece of that CoD money.

We all should have seen this coming sooner or later, you know, with EA being the publisher and all.

Please educate us in the ways of the enlightened mind, oh endowed one.

People are complaining because instead of Visceral adding some innovative or refreshing new features that would refine the already solid gameplay system they've established, they got lazy and are seemingly dumbing everything down by copying and pasting overused features that can be found in 90% of all other TPS games nowadays.

But you don't know that for sure. You haven't seen anything from the game yet that proves that they're dumbing it down and just using copy/paste features. You're speculating without actual proof that the game's become dumbed down or whatever, and you use your speculation as proof.

SamuraiX-

But you don't know that for sure. You haven't seen anything from the game yet that proves that they're dumbing it down and just using copy/paste features. You're speculating without actual proof that the game's become dumbed down or whatever, and you use your speculation as proof.

There's nothing really to prove at this point. I hope it's not difficult to understand why more people are being pessimistic about this latest news rather than welcoming the new additions.

There's nothing really to prove at this point. I hope it's not difficult to understand why more people are being pessimistic about this latest news rather than welcoming the new additions.

What's difficult to understand is people calling Visceral lazy or calling the game shit before they see any proof of that.

2scoops

As much as i dislike co-op, especially in games that are classed as "horror", i am still very excited for this game. I love Dead Space 1 & 2. And i'm sure i'll love 3 too.

Everything that we know so far sounds good to me, aside from the co-op of course. So it's going to be more action packed ( from what it seems ), i accept this only because thats what seems to be the theme these days. Sure i miss the horror and creepy shit from days past, but since i can't do anything about, i'm just gonna roll with it. Horror games are few and and far between this gen, so if a game comes out that even has mild tones of horror i'll jump on it.

I also think that the Dead Space series does atmosphere very well. 2 had more action but the parts that were creepy, in my opinion were very well done. Chapter 10 anyone? DS1 was creepy to me cause it was very confined, and dark. 3 can have a good mix of creepy and action if the open world atmosphere is done right. For the sake of argument, lets just say you are going from point A to B, with a quiet, blood splattered warehouse complex in between. You can go around the buildings to your next objective, shootbang some necros on the way then save your game happily ever after, or...wait, whats this?! An SOS beacon coming from the derelict, gore soaked, lights flickering all over, creepy ass whispering giant warehouse! I think we better investigate ;) Of course, this is only in my head, but i think Visceral will do a good job with the atmosphere in all aspects, thus making it another awesome Dead Space. Hell, i even enjoyed Extraction.

Also, glad to hear about combining weapons. First thing i'm gonna do is pay my respects to Ripley from Aliens and combo a Pulse rifle and flamethrower. Shit yeah.

What's difficult to understand is people calling Visceral lazy or calling the game shit before they see any proof of that.
Yeah, this.

Besides, if it's going to have human enemies now, I can completely understand why they'd have a cover system. I imagine it will mainly come in to play when there are Unitologists and other humans, but not the Necromorphs. They'll just run towards you in cover and fuck up your day, so fighting them will be the usual Dead Space stuff.

I just seriously hope they don't screw up the plot and reveal something about the Necros and the Markers. Also, please don't give us lame explanation/ending like with another certain EA published sci-fi game that recently came out.

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
Hey everybody. Just wanted to give a head's up that there will be some Dead Space goodness in our press conference. Today at 1pm pacific/4pm eastern.

I can swing by after that to clarify a couple points.

Hey everybody. Just wanted to give a head's up that there will be some Dead Space goodness in our press conference. Today at 1pm pacific/4pm eastern.

I can swing by after that to clarify a couple points.
Just saw that on Twitter. Really looking forward to this! Thanks for the heads up!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Can't wait for Visceral to shut up some of these haters.

codecow

Why do people hate cover systems so much?

As games get better and more like the actions and decisions a human would make, wouldn't taking cover be something that should actually make sense and you would want to do?

Leaning and going prone as well.

What kind of genius runs around standing up the whole time not taking cover in a shoot out?

"system" is an interesting word. I will be really interested to see what you guys think if and when more information is revealed.

codecow

Can't wait for Visceral to shut up some of these haters.

I read the forums here every day pretty much and follow what our fans are saying, what they like in other games, etc... We know our core customers very well and we want them to be happy which is why we test the game with them as we're working on it.

I can't tell you anything about the game but I can say that I wouldn't use the word "system" to describe a particular feature being discussed here. I hope whatever information is released in the coming hours/days can help to shed some light on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom