• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 Game Informer Details [Use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if there's a cover aspect, then there better be a damn DODGE ROLL since that is all this game is now missing.

Hopefully the ending ties everything together as well as Mass Effect 3 did.

well if there's a cover aspect, then there better be a damn DODGE ROLL since that is all this game is now missing.

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif

I read the forums here every day pretty much and follow what our fans are saying, what they like in other games, etc... We know our core customers very well and we want them to be happy which is why we test the game with them as we're working on it.

I can't tell you anything about the game but I can say that I wouldn't use the word "system" to describe a particular feature being discussed here. I hope whatever information is released in the coming hours/days can help to shed some light on it.
Everything about the game sounds great and as I said above, human enemies make having a cover "system" pretty reasonable. Also, looks like there will be actual boss fights which was lacking in Dead Space 2. Just hoping that the whole Marker/Necromorph mystery gets a bit more explanation, something we obviously won't know about until the game is released.

What.... I.... What!?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Codecow: since you're reading - please no damn figure/statue in the CE, for the love of the Marker. A nice artbook and/or USB key would be lovely (and useful!) though. :)

Dyno

I'm betting the cover only comes up when you are against opponents that shoot at you. During necro battles I bet it isn't there because it would be stupid and you would never use it. So I'm thinking we'll only see cover in a few places.

I don't mind it because they are simply trying to add different combat sequences in order to give the game variety. I wouldn't mind shooting up some Unitology fanatics because those guys have been fucking with Isaac for the past two games now and they need to go down!

I hope we get to see on of those Unitology Mausoleum ships they've mentioned. That would be a crazy, necro-filled scene.

I'm betting the cover only comes up when you are against opponents that shoot at you. During necro battles I bet it isn't there because it would be stupid and you would never use it. So I'm thinking we'll only see cover in a few places.
That's what I said a couple of posts ago and I'm pretty sure that is exactly what they're going to do. There's no point in being in cover when fighting Necromorphs, except maybe the little guys who shoot the projectiles at you. Like someone said earlier, it's actually very realistic for someone to go in cover when being shot at by another human being so the ability to go into cover makes complete sense in this case.

Damn it! GameSpot and the EA site have crappy video streaming. Missed what I came for which was Dead Space 3! So pissed right now....

Riggs

Banned
RIP deadspace ... holy shit. CO OP Dead space, fucking last thing I want on this planet.

btw no avatars loading at all, weird.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Could still be good, but I'm worried about the horror element staying in the game.

Still too early to tell though, don't jump the fucking gun here people. What's wrong with GAF and being so overly fucking pessimistic? It's starting to rub off on me and it's seriously depressing.

Dodge roll is in. The cover mechanic seems more of a crouch behind walls instead of a proper cover system.

Also a lot of banter between Carver and Isaac, a little too much for my liking.

Ellie's also back.

Dead Space looked fucking good. And Ellie's back! But she's lost :(

Co-op looks fun enough, though I generally don't do co-op. Monkey Pants/codecow, could you guys talk about the differences between co-op and Single Player please when you have some time?

But I AM EXCITED!

AwShucks

Probably one of the biggest Dead Space fans here. Disappointed with that co-op video. Still buying the game because I love the universe.

EDIT: Think I gotta stay away from forum posts about DS3 as it'll bring me down.

Struct09

Looks like fun, but in more of a Gears of War kind of way. Still hyped, but hope the final game still feels like Dead Space.

rozay

Banned
I think the worst thing was the constant stream of chatter/fucks between the two characters. Codecow, you really feel that's what your core audience wants from this franchise?

Dodge roll is in. The cover mechanic seems more of a crouch behind walls instead of a proper cover system.

Also a lot of banter between Carver and Isaac, a little too much for my liking.

Ellie's also back.

Banter's not that new, there was some of it between Isaac and Ellie in DS2. I don't mind banter.

Will the banter be between Isaac and
Shadow-Isaac
in Single Player?

I thought it looked really good. Isaac got eaten, hahahaha.

No, they killed it.

fuck the cover system
fuck the co-op
fuck this shooter-crap

i'll never buy a game with these features again.

RIP Dead Space, I loved you.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There's the new stuff for Dead Space. Looking forward to seeing how they've tweaked the classic gameplay, which they're naturally not going to focus on at the conference. I saw nothing offensive about that, especially if single player is unaffected. Stop freaking out people.

Dead Space was always action-horror anyway, not survival-horror.

Xpliskin

I still can't believe how much influence the Uncharted series has on this industry.

The game was fine with SP and optional multiplayer.

The co-op and cover/shooting aspect are fine, as long as they keep it scary.

They added from the movesets from Uncharted.
Dodge rolling, seriously ? And it's not like there's a decent cooldown on it.

Banter's not that new, there was some of it between Isaac and Ellie in DS2. I don't mind banter.

Will the banter be between Isaac and
Shadow-Isaac
in Single Player?

I thought it looked really good. Isaac got eaten, hahahaha.

Yeah, I don't mind banter but there was a little too much in the trailer. I hope there's some in SP though, would be cool.

And yeah, I thought it looked great. Need to see a proper demo though and need some info on the universal ammo system. Overall, I'm pretty hyped for the game after the short demo, still not completely sold as I need to see a SP demo and need more info on the ammo system.

Visuals were incredible, same goes for the lighting. Looks incredible.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
No, they killed it.

fuck the cover system
fuck the co-op
fuck this shooter-crap

i'll never buy a game with these features again.

RIP Dead Space, I loved you.

I'll still play DS3. I won't be playing for the same reasons as I did DS1 though. It's not spiritually same.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So if the guns combine like they showed in the demo to just have two selectable slots, how do you choose which gun to fire, triggers/bumpers? Does that get rid of secondary fire?

Cover makes me sad. I can understand the co-op draw, especially if you don't miss anything by not doing it, but cover...ugh.

So if the guns combine like they showed in the demo to just have two selectable slots, how do you choose which gun to fire, triggers/bumpers? Does that get rid of secondary fire?

Cover makes me sad. I can understand the co-op draw, especially if you don't miss anything by not doing it, but cover...ugh.

It doesn't seem bad, they only use it when getting shot at. It looks like it'd be useless when getting swarmed by Necromorphs.

Was Isaac trying to save the guy shooting at him when the big brute thing came out and started sucking everything up?

AwShucks

I'll still play DS3. I won't be playing for the same reasons as I did DS1 though. It's not spiritually same.

Yeah basically this. The Ishimura was amazing, but I don't think they'll be getting that feel from the series anymore. Unfortunately I don't think the series sells well enough as a survival horror to keep the franchise going so they felt they needed to bump up the action, add in the co-op and hopefully gain some sells (while also losing some fans).

It is what it is and if that is what's needed to keep the franchise going, well I'd rather have this than no Dead Space at all.

Derrick01

Banned
Why is everything doomsday, and death of a franchise. The games have to evolve a little, don't they?

Dumbing everything down to an action packed, linear to the point of being hand-held (yes I know they said this will be more open), explosion bro fest is not evolution. I wish some people would get that.

Evolution means to improve something through change. Not make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom