• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Deadly' spiders found in supermarket bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
jxSJo4p.gif
flawless execution

ok GAF i think we need to wage a personal war against Spiderkind
they crossed the line when they fucked with my chocolate
time to go hitler mode on them

Thanks OP, I dreamt about spiders last night, the particular wandering spider shown in a pic in this thread was there too, being a dick and running after people.
At least by the end of the dream I was about to step on it before waking up.

zainetor

Banned
I had a trip to New Zealand for approx. six months. Big and small spiders literally everywhere. In the beginning I killed them with my shoes/lighter etc but in the last few months I barely cared. I went to sleep in rooms knowing there are spiders walking around. I guess that could've ended badly since I never bothered to check if they are poisonous or not. Oh well -_-.
This sounds like hell on earth

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Why are people afraid of spiders? I mean venomous ones obviously, but what is it that's particularly terrifying about spiders more so than other insects? No one would say it's an irrational fear but I don't know what the rational reason is. Is it's "look" inherent scary to people's brains or something?

E: Never mind. History and natural selection for people avoiding them or something.

Why are people afraid of spiders? I mean venomous ones obviously, but what is it that's particularly terrifying about spiders more so than other insects? No one would say it's an irrational fear but I don't know what the rational reason is. Is it's "look" inherent scary to people's brains or something?
because dey got 8 legs and like 100 eyes and they're scary looking :(

Spiders are arachnids, not insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom