• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool & Wolverine | Trailer

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
reading about all the studio interference \ fighting and censorship, i have mixed feeings about this. i was kind of excited initially; and these days i wouldn't cross the street to see a comic book movie. hopefully they won the fight and it's good rather than some disjointed mess. trailer makes it seem entertaining.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

reading about all the studio interference \ fighting and censorship, i have mixed feeings about this. i was kind of excited initially; and these days i wouldn't cross the street to see a comic book movie. hopefully they won the fight and it's good rather than some disjointed mess. trailer makes it seem entertaining.
What happened?

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What happened?
I'm a terrible source for this... I read or watched something a little while ago that was talking about drama between the actors and studio. Apparently a lot of violent stuff (regarding a wolverine fight) was being cut / reshot. RR was upset that HJ work was getting cut down. Then something about RR backing out of signing on for multiple movies over it.

Coming from my weak-ass memory of something that I wasn't super invested in... I'm a terrible source. I regret being first post in the thread actually.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Do you wanna build a snow man is a new one to me lmao

Looks amazing, just like the previous Deadpool movies - only this time with the X-Man.

SJRB

Gold Member
Prof. X's twin sister, played by a they/them because of course.

laughing-johny.gif

ManaByte

I'm a terrible source for this... I read or watched something a little while ago that was talking about drama between the actors and studio. Apparently a lot of violent stuff (regarding a wolverine fight) was being cut / reshot. RR was upset that HJ work was getting cut down. Then something about RR backing out of signing on for multiple movies over it.

Coming from my weak-ass memory of something that I wasn't super invested in... I'm a terrible source. I regret being first post in the thread actually.
Sounds like bullshit made up on YouTube for rage views.

“Non binary they/them playing a female Professor X” gets you more rage views on YouTube than “Person who played Diana in The Crown is playing Cassandra Nova”.

True but it just comes off as disingenuous when they act like they know what they are talking about as if it's fact. Basically the same thing that the woke do

As someone who read that X-Men Run I hope MCU X-Men is influenced by Grant Morrision Run. That was something special

Seeing her in that trailer made me more interested in the film too

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
“Non binary they/them playing a female Professor X” gets you more rage views on YouTube than “Person who played Diana in The Crown is playing Cassandra Nova”.

I noticed that everyone from James Gunn, various Marvel Studios projects execs and writers, and those on television shows like Doom Patrol want to use Grant Morrison's ideas and the characters he created for DC and Marvel, and yet no one seems willing to make a live action All Star Superman or even an animated adaptation of something like WE3 or Seaguy. Morrison is probably the most imaginative comic creator of the last twenty-five years, and yet studios would rather adapt crap from creators like Mark Millar instead.

Well, at least studios invest in Neil Gaiman stuff I suppose. Consolation prize for fans of mainstream comics that depart from the beaten path.

Top Bottom