• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

How the fuck did they get it to look that good?!!!

Small environments, few characters, tightly controlled camera movements. In particular the end was just 4 character models in a black room showing off some effects. They only actually picked their game engine halfway through this year so this is super duper early stuff and I wouldn't take it as representative of what the final product (whatever it ends up being) is, for better or worse.

Who Kojima is with at the show

cyonnppveaamlyax3sgv.jpg

"look what you have me doing Mr Kojima. I should be working on my magnum opus Knack 2"

Platy

Leave to Kojima to make a game with visible images of people crying and TWO different images of maternity in 2 trailers without a single woman to be seen

Decima could be a new SIE engine/development environment.

It'd make sense considering it looks that good at native 4K.

Shinobi is saying that it's running on Guerrilla's engine. So, it may be the name of it. I don't think Guerrilla have ever officially announced an engine name for it publicly.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Small environments, few characters, tightly controlled camera movements. In particular the end was just 4 character models in a black room showing off some effects. They only actually picked their game engine halfway through this year so this is super duper early stuff and I wouldn't take it as representative of what the final product (whatever it ends up being) is, for better or worse.
All true things. But still, goddamn.

HonMirin

What the heck is it about!?!

Reedus, Mads, Del Toro...

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?!

Hype... Maintaining levels of highness.

Guerrilla's engine putting in work.

Nice choice I guess. Thx for the info.

When I saw the trailer and all those squid and crab things, I was expecting the name Junji Ito to also appear and that this game has some similarities to the Gyo manga.

But I'm happy with what we got.

Venom Fox

Banned
Shinobi is saying that it's running on Guerrilla's engine. So, it may be the name of it. I don't think Guerrilla have ever officially announced an engine name for it publicly.
Yep. Running at that res native, I expected it'd be a Sony engine or at least an engine that is exclusively built with PS in mind.

Betty

Banned
God damn holy fuck thank you god for Kojima!!!

Seriously he makes video game events for me, nothing compares to his trailers or his games for that matter.

higemaru

I wonder what the deal with Del Toro's lobotomy scars are? The whole tentacle/squid thing is pretty creepy too. I didn't realize how much fun it will be to have Kojima make new ideas now. He has so much more than Metal Gear to offer.

Aces&Eights

If this is where video game are heading, let me on the damn bus! Holy shit. Kojima's mind is so out there and I want to play in any sandbox he creates.

Top Bottom