• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh man, I didn't know about Hunter's Eye, that's damn useful.

Next time when I try to recreate my data that got deleted along with a ton of other stuff thanks to me messing up with the Content Manager Assistant lol imagine a 64 GB card worth of data "exploding". Its why I never myself got to go through these endgame dungeons lol Lost all of my P4G data with my insanely OP finely crafted personas... D: All my traumas. This was a long while back though.

Next time when I start DG I want to make some sort of stupid party that has like 2 Archers in the back for the hell of it and 2 samurai in the front.

Prelude.

Next time when I try to recreate my data that got deleted along with a ton of other stuff thanks to me messing up with the Content Manager Assistant lol imagine a 64 GB card worth of data "exploding". Its why I never myself got to go through these endgame dungeons lol Lost all of my P4G data with my insanely OP finely crafted personas... D: All my traumas. This was a long while back though.

Next time when I start DG I want to make some sort of stupid party that has like 2 Archers in the back for the hell of it and 2 samurai in the front.
That's horrifying D:

Parakeetman

That's horrifying D:

Its what I get for not being totally familiar with the software at the time and not having properly transferred everything over first before messing with the other options... lol Or more like used the wrong options.

Good times took forever to re-DL everything too with all my other titles and stuff since we all know how fantastic the PSN DL list navigation is...

Its why I dont mess with that thing anymore and just say screw it and buy another mem card lol.

did you level Aries ?

also about whistle buff, I dont think it's much an issue if you have the artifact that gives long range (gazer learn it too)

Cross fix can be good, need to spec luc with your assassin for it to work

what are the demons you're using?

Dorarnae thanks for stopping by to help out its much appreciated lol. As if there is one person who can give a straight answer would most def be you :D

Prelude.

I beat
Quasar
, thanks for the help guys!

It was really tough but it wasn't completely random like Dark Aries, he still managed to kill Chronos but Mars lived enough to finish him off. I found out that Fast Cast+Dark Flare was extremely helpful against the seeds since it did a bit less than 1k per seed so I was able to stop them from multiplying. At one point Quasar healed 10k hp, jesus this game, lol.
The hardest thing of that dungeon was that I had absolutely no issue at all beating every other dark demon leading to Dark Aries and then I got stuck there since I couldn't go back to prepare/farm artifacts and stuff since they'd have respawned. That's probably the biggest difference of these last battles, you can't check and prepare accordingly or you're forced to do everything again and waste your (expensive/rare) items.

Parakeetman

I beat
Quasar

It was really tough but it wasn't completely random like Dark Aries, he still managed to kill Chronos but Mars lived enough to finish him off. I found out that Fast Cast+Dark Flare was extremely helpful against the seeds since it did a bit less than 1k per seed so I was able to stop them from multiplying. At one point Quasar healed 10k hp, jesus this game, lol.
The hardest thing of that dungeon was that I had absolutely no issue at all beating every other dark demon leading to Dark Aries and then I got stuck there since I couldn't go back to prepare/farm artifacts and stuff since they'd have respawned. That's probably the biggest difference of these last battles, you can't check and prepare accordingly or you're forced to do everything again and waste your (expensive/rare) items.

Nice and congrats! Yeah from what Ive read / other people say being a packrat and stingy with the more rare resources most def pays off for the endgame boss fights lol.

Wonder how people manage to do it without those items?

Dorarnae

I beat
Quasar

nice congratz. Yeah he does lots of dmg, what I did was to put Chronos in rage mode, which increase her maximum health quite a bit. but rage mode consume a couple points, but with Aries last skill you can refill your gauge and do some other strong things. the boss just before Dark Aries drop an item that does the same thing as the last skill of Aries.

people

Sooo... Gold+Gold+Increase 2 Gems+Nameless or Katana for the Big Muramasa?
I ended up using Katana gems, but ofcourse I don't know if it would have been faster with Nameless gems. The non-Big Muramasa was the last one I needed for Platinum; it took me a few hours (with breaks) after I got the Big Muramasa.

Prelude.

I ended up using Katana gems, but ofcourse I don't know if it would have been faster with Nameless gems. The non-Big Muramasa was the last one I needed for Platinum; it took me a few hours (with breaks) after I got the Big Muramasa.
I think I might have tried more than 20 times already, I keep getting 3 "old" katanas. If I try with nameless I often get a new item. Also, I did several nameless runs so I got a lot of unique items already in that area. I got the Muramasa with katana too btw. Difficulty shouldn't affect the drop rate, right? I turned it down to beat them faster.

Prelude.

X0 tries later

2015-06-09-220954f8p7c.jpg

I got it with the Katana gem on the first circle, for the record.

So, I picked this up again recently after all the talk about Operation Abyss getting me in the mood again.

Finally figured out where I was stuck... it was yet another hidden door that you have to use Comet to unlock.

Probably my least favourite thing about this game. It's bad enough being forced to use certain demons throughout most of the dungeons, but at least Chronos is useful from a battle perspective (and you need her most of the time for trap floors). Comet is just pants.

But anyway, I defeated Astro and I'm moving on with the story now. Still enjoying it.

maouvin

Potentially dumb question: I cleared 14 of the 17 circles for
Aries
, being one for each cell.

Where do I find the other three? Are there cells with more than one? Or did I miss a secret door?

(I got one of the four treasures too.)

Parakeetman

Potentially dumb question: I cleared 14 of the 17 circles for
Aries
, being one for each cell.

Where do I find the other three? Are there cells with more than one? Or did I miss a secret door?

(I got one of the four treasures too.)

am not at the pc but try look at this its a jp site but has a map

will have to wait a few hours the link is not working correctly since its from the mobile site

maouvin

Thanks!

Seems like I just need to kick some walls or something, my map is way smaller than that. Weird that I found no player notes, they're usually spot-on when they're not about butts.

And a long travel awaits me since I decided to go back to the inn~

Parakeetman

Thanks!

Seems like I just need to kick some walls or something, my map is way smaller than that. Weird that I found no player notes, they're usually spot-on when they're not about butts.

And a long travel awaits me since I decided to go back to the inn~

Good luck!

maouvin

Of course, after easily beating
Aries
Dark Aries
has been kicking my ass for some time now.
Valiantly ran back to the inn to lower the difficulty because god damn it. Hope it makes a difference.

Any advice on beating
Quasar
? I'm around Level 50-51 with all characters and can beat all the enemies leading up to him with relative ease, then he just destroys me before I can even lay a single attack on him. The seeds are my main problem, but I can't get rid of them fast enough. When I finally do, he just summons more of them and the cycle of agony just continues.

Also, damn was the grind for Muramasa and Big Muramasa annoying. When I finally got them, I got Muramasa +15 and the Big Muramasa was at +48.

Parakeetman

Any advice on beating
Quasar
? I'm around Level 50-51 with all characters and can beat all the enemies leading up to him with relative ease, then he just destroys me before I can even lay a single attack on him. The seeds are my main problem, but I can't get rid of them fast enough. When I finally do, he just summons more of them and the cycle of agony just continues.

Also, damn was the grind for Muramasa and Big Muramasa annoying. When I finally got them, I got Muramasa +15 and the Big Muramasa was at +48.

Not really a tip but watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JxRltUW8c4

I've done it,
Quasar
was brutally destroyed with powering through his assaults and never healing. An awesome and frustrating ending to a surprisingly fun and addicting game.

What's carried over into NG+ and are there any differences in NG+?

Parakeetman

I've done it,
Quasar
was brutally destroyed with powering through his assaults and never healing. An awesome and frustrating ending to a surprisingly fun and addicting game.

What's carried over into NG+ and are there any differences in NG+?

You Keep:
Character levels
Any non-key items including whats in the vault
Money on hand
Ether levels
Demon Ranks
Books in the main characters room / maps etc

You lose:
Story/quest progression
Key items
Demon keys (rank is retained)
Skulls/mushrooms

Monsters should be a bit stronger, but still you will be roflstomping stuff for a while till you get further in the game again.

Had the hankering to play a DRPG, and Demon Gaze scratched that itch.

It was pretty much the ideal length, with low difficulty and significant game-breaking ability. After outfitting my Paladin appropriately for front-line defense, I pretty much decimated the majority of the game. Even Black Cage and God's Eden were cast aside.

Overall, I really enjoyed it, as it wasn't an insane time investment, nor was grinding necessary.

Final stats and party:

Quixzlizx

I'm just now finally getting into this game. Is there anything I should know about that isn't in this guide regarding the mechanics? I remember mentions of not wasting artifact gems, but does that just mean rerolling if I get a crappy one? Because according to the chart in that link, there are good/essential rank E/D artifacts as well.

Quixzlizx

One more try with this thread... do I need to keep the loot maps to get the treasure, or can I write down the coordinates and sell them off?

Also, I got totally destroyed the first time I fought Mars, but I think it was just bad luck, since Mars targeted Comet and killed her, and Comet was doing stupid shit while she was alive. When I tried again, Comet did smart things like multi-heal my party and lower Mars' evasion so I wasn't missing 70% of the time.

I never kept the maps on me, just stashed them in the inventory in the basement. I don't think you need the maps, just the coordinates and the appropriate demon.

Top Bottom