• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Announced

Articalys

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/795/795915/

Dengeki article with Tomoka screens and details on all the new characters.
2DWIChP.jpg

nCjl8W7.jpg

Fueyryi.jpg
A couple more at the link. Seems like the other members of the Ro-Kyu-Bu team show up in her moveset as well.

Support character details, rudimentally translated (any assistance would be appreciated):

- Hinata Hakamada (also Ro-Kyu-Bu) -- not quite sure exactly what the effect is, if it's an attack or something else. You can see it in this screenshot, though.

- Koko Kaga (Golden Time) -- a rose bouquet attack. Sounds like she also kisses the opponent to lower their super meter.

- Kino (Kino's Journey) -- attacks with her revolver, as expected.

- Mashiro Shiina (Pet Girl of Sakurasou) -- sounds like her drawings come to life for her support. No details if they attack or do something else.

- Erio Touwa (Denpa Onna) -- shows up with her futon. Sounds like she can wrap herself in it to guard against attacks or attack with it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's Green Hill Zone!! Now I wonder if Sonic will make a background cameo.

dfc_04_cs1w1_720x.jpg

- Koko Kaga (Golden Time) -- a rose bouquet attack. Sounds like she also kisses the oppoment to lower their super meter.
Hahaha, glad to see they worked that in, especially after being reminded of the scene from the gif on the last page.

So what system is this for?
PS3.

Stark

Banned
Tomoka is in!? Sweet.

- Erio Touwa (Denpa Onna) -- shows up wrapped in her futon. Not sure if she just guards against attacks or attacks herself too.

Also, fuck yeah Erio. Keeping the game cute.

Articalys

Site updated with profiles for the new characters. Hinata's support was in the Dengeki screenshots, so here's the other four. Not much to see, but at least you can sort of get a look at their sprites:
Next public demo seems to be at the Japan Amusement Expo on Feb. 14/15.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I barely knew what SAO was when this game was announced, now Toonami has me at the Penultimate Episode! OK! Kirito with Leafa as assist, eh? I hope this means even more playable characters for other series, too.

I keep wanting to see how they illustrate Akira in this game!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I can use Team Durarara to beat up Team SAO after what happened on Episode 24 last night on Toonami?

YEEEESSSSSSSS

J-Tier

The devs said during an interview that one series had more than one rep because it was so hard to choose. They wanted one playable rep per series but it looks like SAO ended up being the one with two playable reps.

Articalys

The devs said during an interview that one series had more than one rep because it was so hard to choose. They wanted one playable rep per series but it looks like SAO ended up being the one with two playable reps.
Ah, didn't know about that. Thanks.

Do you remember if they said anywhere what sort of initial roster size they're aiming for?

Rhapsody

Banned

If it's just one series, then my guess on Accelerator making it in won't happen :/

Kirito being in and not an assist earlier made him a lock, imo. Expecting Mahouka's Tatsuya and Miyuki to make it it. Kind of unsure if the two in Black Bullet will make it in now, but we'll see.

Damn them for making both Kouko and Holo assist characters only. Also lame how Kouko doesn't get an elegant dress. I figured with the show currently airing they'd make Kouko playable.

Erio having her futon is awesome!

Kirito being in is great.

I expect playable characters from the following:

Baccano!
Strike the Blood
Ookami-san
Inukami!
Toradora

Support:
Heaven's Memo Pad

m0t0k1

Site updated with profiles for the new characters. Hinata's support was in the Dengeki screenshots, so here's the other four. Not much to see, but at least you can sort of get a look at their sprites:

Next public demo seems to be at the Japan Amusement Expo on Feb. 14/15.

Mashiro is in this game.... now i have to buy it if it releases on a console. (havent been up to date with this game)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Been wanting to see Akira in this game, and there he is! And he brought Pai as an assist, excellent! There's not much in the way of "Unplayable bosses" in games now-a-days, so I expect they'll be usable at some point.

I love mini-crossovers like this, even if it's not the main focus of the game. The people who makes games are human too, perhaps working on a project like this gives them a chance to sprite a character they'd never get a chance to do anything with otherwise? Or it could just be a sign of good will between companies? Maybe they even came to Sega with the idea by shopping around a 2D Akira Yuki as a concept, and they expanded the idea into something different?

Whatever the reason (which I hope is more clear towards the full release), I find the mix of characters and stages fun and interesting. Reminds me of how Fighters Megamix pulled inspiration and characters from any and all things they could get their hands on.

Is this more or less likely to be announced for an NA release before UNiB? ;-;

There's just a distinct lack of non-Capcom/Arc 2D fighters to really look forward to in the near future.

Edit : Both Kino and Holo assist only? Maaaaaaaan.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0uoGeNm35o

Shows the Dreamcast character for a brief moment in there, so she might be playable later.
Character was from a light novel in an earlier collaboration. For those curious https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...spires-sega-hard-girls-novel-oreimo-crossover
Wait a minute, you mean one of the characters that Sega made based on an artbook of "what if our game consoles were girls?" might be a playable character?

I remember seeing her along with characters based on the Genesis, Game Gear, Saturn, Master System, etc. Rather interesting choice. I still wonder if we'll see other Sega characters, especially with all the stage teases.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeeeeees, Taiga's in! & even better that Ryuji's assist as well.

The Irregular at Magic High School just got an anime, so I guess the timing works out.

Now when are we gonna see Dreamcast-tan? I'm still hoping she has moves referencing Sega games, mainly from the Dreamcast era (JSR, Shenmue, Space Channel 5, Chu Chu Rocket, etc.)

The game is already out but Sega plans to add these two and have them playable some time during the Summer. Glad more characters are still being added. 8 is way too few.

Tenori no Taiga!!!!! She was probably the one I wanted most.

I'm surprised they didn't add Yukihina from Strike the Blood while it was on the air.

Supposedly this is the 4th Dengeki x Sega project. What were the other three?

Defuser

This is bullcrap. How is it that Kirito the only male protagainist gets to be playable while the other male protagainist like Touma,Tatsuya,Haruyuki, are assists? Sega have fucked up priorities.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& Akira from Virtua Fighter is in, though no word if he's boss-only or will be playable on the PS3 version.

J-Tier

Okay. Taiga and Miyuki. I'm a little less disappointed in the roster (though I hate Miyuki's guts). Still getting over Kino as assist lol.

s-CRY-ed is really more of a Sunrise thing. You probably need to be looking more at the original novels that're published by Dengeki more than the manga line-up - you're probably looking more at things like Accel World, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere, Index/Railgun, maybe OreImo or Toradora if they want to get jokey, or Boogiepop and Baccano/Durarara if they want to get a little more esoteric.

Instant import if someone from these shows show up.

This game positively needs Dokuro-chan so that she can bash Kirito's face into Western AAA-worthy gore over and over and over and over and over again. Why not? She was already a playable character in the previous Dengeki Bunko crossover game (as did Taiga):

y5ajy5u.jpg

Holy shit, Kino is in that. Screw this new game, I need THAT like yesterday.

Top Bottom