• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Describe a game you hate and see if people can guess it.

poodaddy

This thread made me realize how few games I actually 'hate'.. I don't really hate the following, but what I feel is a very close amount of contempt.

It's a game about women with enormous jiggly boobs and bubbly butts. The gameplay is simple and blatant male fan service thinly disguised as a rather shallow medieval fantasy 2D action. It's an unintended litmus test for poor taste.

Dragons Crown?

poodaddy

I like the gameplay but I totally agree with your points on the art style, George Kamitani is a true progenitor of low brow pandering and it's gross. It felt,.....weird playing it with my wife. Like I was ashamed of doing something I wasn't doing, it's weird lol.

So you're just gonna act like an ass then and try to shit up this thread like you did the other one? Just chill and stop trolling dude. You're not as funny as you seem to believe you are; you're just immature and insufferable. Maybe go take a nap and let the inebriation subside a bit.

That thread would have been dead if it wasn't for me

What about you. What have you done for this community.

Don't answer that in going outside so I won't be able to read it

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
This should be easy lol..

My first game of the series..
Playing it on the handheld made my hands hurt, camera controls were bad, the combat felt awkward, stiff and slow, early game I managed to play solo but later the game became too hard for me.
Monster Hunter

Play it on the Wii U, no hand ache there!

This thread made me realize how few games I actually 'hate'.. I don't really hate the following, but what I feel is a very close amount of contempt.

It's a game about women with enormous jiggly boobs and bubbly butts. The gameplay is simple and blatant male fan service thinly disguised as a rather shallow medieval fantasy 2D action. It's an unintended litmus test for poor taste.
As someone who doesn't care for the fan service at all, I can say that you are very wrong about the gameplay being shallow. And while it does feature stupid fanservice the game isn't "about" that... you can largely ignore it.

poodaddy

Monster Hunter

Play it on the Wii U, no hand ache there!

As someone who doesn't care for the fan service at all, I can say that you are very wrong about the gameplay being shallow. And while it does feature stupid fanservice the game isn't "about" that... you can largely ignore it.

This is pretty much my thoughts on the matter. It's a shame that the fan service is so prevalent throughout that game, but I thought the mechanics were sound and that it was pretty fun. My wife didn't really stick with it though, and she actually said it was largely due to the designs of the characters, so I have to respect her opinion there.

I don't mean to digress but Dragon's Crown's gameplay adds absolutely nothing to a genre that has a lot better games that were made decades ago, there is absolutely nothing there to praise it for. Does it have gameplay, yes, but it does not have rewarding or creative gameplay in any way. The main draw is ass and boobs, the game is just filler that makes it more interactive than watching tasteless fantasy hentai. That's just me though.

poodaddy

I don't mean to digress but Dragon's Crown's gameplay adds absolutely nothing to a genre that has a lot better games that were made decades ago, there is absolutely nothing there to praise it for. Does it have gameplay, yes, but it does not have rewarding or creative gameplay in any way. The main draw is ass and boobs, the game is just filler that makes it more interactive than watching tasteless fantasy hentai. That's just me though.

I really hate fan service too man, so I get your hatred of it completely. I don't quite see it the same way, but that's fine man. I get it completely.

poodaddy

At first I thought about
Hotline Miami ending
.. But iirc, the bad guy didn't shoot himself.

Na I don't think he does. Everything else fits though. hmmmm, shit's getting cryptic man. I'm starting to realize that I haven't played near as many games as I sometimes think I have. I gotta catch up.

I think some of the T&A was over the top, but the mechanics were fun (combat, building your character) and its a lootgrind game like Diablo or Torchlight, and that's always fun. Plus the dev supported it with patches and free DLC.

I don't even think we played the same game. Shit, maybe only I played it.

Widge

Gorgeous rotoscoped characters and FMV backdrops cannot disguise a game that is on the Dragons Lair spectrum of frustrating.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Wrong thread :<
So, here's one
It's a modern remake of a classic game, featuring open world setting, but you can't ride a car in it. You can do drugs, and there's a robot in it...

Krecik

You could invest in stock exchange, play in a band, become a street musician, investigate a certain mysterious incident, become a criminal, getting your ear cleaned, and drink a hot cocoa with a pretty girl.

That ear cleaning business makes me think of some game from the Yakuza series, not sure which one though

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
That ear cleaning business makes me think of some game from the Yakuza series, not sure which one though
Sorry, that supposed to be in the fav game thread. But nope, it's not yakuza.
Another hint: the company that made it no longer making a console game

Krecik

Basically the JRPG version of Avatar and the story & characters suck but everyone loves it anyway

Avatar The Last Airbender or the smurph Avatar? In case of the latter I'm gonna say that it's the new Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Run around until you either shoot people in the back, get shot in the back, die to grenades or knives

Call of Duty multiplayer?

some kind of mutated bastard child of an rpg and an rts that somehow becomes the only game that your friends ever play or talk about

League of Legends or Dota. Or some other moba that's popular this week.

Top Bottom