• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Describe a game you hate and see if people can guess it.

You have mutant super powers. A massive infection is ravaging NYC. Open word action/brawler. This was possibly the least fun I had beating a game.

Maxey

Took way too long to make and when it finally came out people laughed at it for being outdated in its gameplay and references.

JC Lately

Gone Home

I like that game tho.

You got it.

Its a soft hate for me. Its not nearly as clever as it wants you to think it is.

Also, who the fuck leaves
their diary in the attic
? She knew her sister was coming; she couldn't leave the damn thing in the guest room?

Nimajneb

Walk through beautiful linear levels while shooting three types of enemies and mashing the action button to eat hot dogs out of trash cans.

Animal Crossing amiibo Festival?

Correct!

Now for something more obscure:

A really early Nintendo DS game that was essentially just a fancier pictochat sold for full price. If you bought it it was probably because there was literally nothing else that wasn't SM64DS lining the walls at the time.

Dinjoralo

A buggy game in a long running game-only franchise with no redeeming qualities that everyone else likes but can never explain why. Set in a generic fantasy universe. The combat is floaty and awful.

Another one that's not quite hate. Requires extremely precise inputs for everything. Sequel is coming out this month that gets rid of that and is actually fun to play as a result.

Maxey

For the third installment of this FPS series let's make it co-op, hire a famous horror movie director for the cutscenes or whatever and make it the most pointless and buggy bullshit you've ever played.

Thud

Tales of the Abyss. Why did you hate it, exactly? It is one of the better Tales games.

I haven't even finished Symphonia and I sold Xilia before touched it lol. For Abyss I played the 3DS port because it's one of the better Tales games and I didn't own a PS2.

I kinda like Tales games for their charm, then I play them and it's nope. For abyss it's the sum of things I don't like. Tales battle system, annoying characters (except Jade), horrible voice acting and a weak plot with predictable twists. The worst was the world map and flying around with no clue where to go, because that's how they designed it. It doesn't help that you're more of a delivery boy at that point.

The 3D effect was also pointless btw.

Correct!

A really early Nintendo DS game that was essentially just a fancier pictochat sold for full price. If you bought it it was probably because there was literally nothing else that wasn't SM64DS to play at the time.
I know what you're talking about, but I don't remember the name (I never owned it). Its gimmick was that it had avatars and colored text and whatnot.

Correct!

A really early Nintendo DS game that was essentially just a fancier pictochat sold for full price. If you bought it it was probably because there was literally nothing else that wasn't SM64DS lining the walls at the time.

Ping Pals.

Dinjoralo

Correct!

Uhhhh... I know it was made by Wayforward so they could get DS devkits.

MrBadger

You gotta dig through rocks slowly. Oh, you got a power up so now you can dig faster! and now the rocks are tougher. Have fun digging slowly!

It's one of those games that a lot of people seem to really enjoy so I think maybe I didn't give it a fair shot...but I just don't find it fun.

Here's another one - sequel to Megadrive classic where you have to keep pausing to draw the outlines of things, killing the flow completely

The Flash

Banned
You gotta dig through rocks slowly. Oh, you got a power up so now you can dig faster! and now the rocks are tougher. Have fun digging slowly!

It's one of those games that a lot of people seem to really enjoy so I think maybe I didn't give it a fair shot...but I just don't find it fun.

minecraft

Dr. Worm

Banned
Late Wii game with a big name behind it. Aggressively bland characters, glitchy. Jim Sterling seemed to be the only one who hated it.

Steamworld Dig?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Resident Evil 4? In which case: OH NO YOU DI'INT

I don't so much that you hate RE4 because I can see why the shift would put people off.

But saying RE4 is "far worse" than The Evil Within is fucking heretical.

Yep. It was RE4. Even though my opinion of The Evil Within couldn't get any lower, at least it got me midly interested during the middle sections of the game. RE4 on the other hand... I just wanted it to be over from from the very step into that stupid village.

Oh, and by the way: I first played RE4 last year, right after playing the original four games (RE1-3 and CVX). Honestly, it wasn't even the change in gameplay what made me hate the game so much. I just couldn't find any enjoyment at all throughout my playthrough. Needless to say, I have scrapped my ideas of playing through RE5, 6 and the two Revelations...

Nah, can't be Minecraft. Most of what you'll mine is rock, which isn't that slow even with the stone pickaxe. SteamWorld Dig, maybe?

Dinjoralo

Here's another one - sequel to Megadrive classic where you have to keep pausing to draw the outlines of things, killing the flow completely

Steamworkd Dig?

Somehow this studio keeps pooping out brown, white and grey uninspired worlds on the worlds most broken engine and everyone hails them as modern classics.

More than one game for this one.

Top Bottom