• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Describe a game you hate and see if people can guess it.

Bedlam

This would be a better thread if people were actually describing the game (content) in funny and original ways instead of just telling which mechanics they hated.

it's a game where you have to wait 3 hours before you can finally input the solution to the mystery you figured out 10 minute in. the rest of the time you talk to some special ed kids who can't figure out said mystery even though it's clearly spelled out for them.

An aggressively boring game with a completely dull story and equally dull characters. It's few bright spots included a spear wielding Australian and a guy with an afro.

JoseLopez

it's a game where you have to wait 3 hours before you can finally input the solution to the mystery you figured out 10 minute in. the rest of the time you talk to some special ed kids who can't figure out said mystery even though it's clearly spelled out for them.
P4G

woopWOOP

A group of adventurers journey together to rid the world of evil misty air, except half the group doesn't have a Gameboy Advance with link up cable and the rest keeps running out of batteries so they all decide to go at it alone instead

KidB

A group of adventurers journey together to rid the world of evil misty air, except half the group doesn't have a Gameboy Advance with link up cable and the rest keeps running out of batteries so they all decide to go at it alone instead
FF: Crystal Chronicles

Zareka

Danganronpa?
Many would describe the characters as endearing and the plot twists effective but no, that's wrong.
Self quote. No one seems to have guessed it, and I feel my hint may have been too subtle.

Hint:
Hearing it compared to other similar games and praised above them brings upon me great despair.
I swear I didn't mean these 2 posts to couple together but hey, there you go. :p

MrBadger

Okay one more -

Everyone's favourite disappointment bandages up and goes on an adventure with his best friend who can jump to impressive heights despite skipping leg day.

Dad

Self quote. No one seems to have guessed it, and I feel my hint may have been too subtle.

Hint:
Hearing it compared to other similar games and praised above them brings upon me great despair.
I swear I didn't mean these 2 posts to couple together but hey, there you go. :p

Life is Strange?

Danganronpa?

Hint:

wait, Danganronpa for you too?

Okay one more -

Everyone's favourite disappointment bandages up and goes on an adventure with his best friend who can jump to impressive heights despite skipping leg day.

Sonic Boom

This is kind of an overly obvious one as far as the topic of "bad games" go, so I'll just say that it has a "first person" mode that's actually just a more zoomed-in third person mode that makes the game near unplayable.

An action game in which they removed strafing so it would be more "intense" (frustrating) and more challenging by having you stand still and aiming, and not being able to move or go to the sides...

Gurnlei

Spend your first few hours in a new land being shouted at with such obscenities as "N'wah" and taking orders from a drug addict/alcoholic.

A group of people are trapped in a place and forced to play a deadly game. Everything is actually pretty good, until you hit the true ending, and then the game goes from 9 to 0 really quick, bottoming out as the worst character in the game ends up being the mastermind for a dumb reason. The group escapes, and then something nonsensical happens (nonsensical until the next game, at least).

Has a great sequel, though. A lot of people say that you need to play the first game, but really, looking at a plot summary is enough.

Hopefully the third game can live up to the hype.

pizzacat

Banned
A group of people are trapped in a place and forced to play a deadly game. Everything is actually pretty good, until you hit the true ending, and then the game goes from 9 to 0 really quick, bottoming out as the worst character in the game ends up being the mastermind for a dumb reason. The group escapes, and then something nonsensical happens (nonsensical until the next game, at least).

Has a great sequel, though. A lot of people say that you need to play the first game, but really, looking at a plot summary is enough.

Game about girl with ghost powers, african warlords, native american cliches, decisions don't actually matter at all, pretentiousness,
and more than 0 (almost)rape scenes.

SeanTSC

999?

Kerned

Banned

999, and I respectfully disagree!

A game in which you join forces to battle the enigmatic 'the darkness' with your force of light.

No sense of agency as you finish the campaign wondering "Why was my character holding a gun in the first place?", "Is there a writer involved in the making of this game?", and many other common sense questions. Smooth polished physics and traversal is only redeeming factor.

Maxey

For the third game on this gory FPS franchise, let's give it to a different developer, really really slash the budget, rush it like the world's going to end tomorrow and release it to die.

Oh and years later let's have its original developer make map packs for our golden egg chicken forever and ever.

Ieu

Game about girl with ghost powers, african warlords, native american cliches, decisions don't actually matter at all, pretentiousness,

Is this Bioshock Infinite? Lady Comstock is a ghost, there's that horrible museum with racial cliches. No decisions affect anything although I don't remember an attempted rape. Still a shit game.

GSR

Neither of these are outright hate so much as "least favorite in the series", but:

Game one: Throwing out almost every connection to past games in the series, an extremely dull and telegraphed plot is stretched out interminably. An entirely new gameplay feature guarantees people will write the series off as "waifu bait" until the end of time.
It revives the series and sets the template for future games.

Game two: The writers decide that, as long as they crank up the anime and split the narration multiple ways, they can pretty much have the rest of the game play itself. Lines that appear to be from a Gaia Online RP post come out of a character's mouth constantly and are treated as psychologically devastating to everyone else.

JC Lately

Beyond Two Souls.

You forgot the most ham fisted love story since FF 8. Thank goodness you can shot it down in a hurry.

Top Bottom