• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Describe your diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Alright, let's come clean. Presuming you care about your diet, how well do you eat? Part of that depends on what you prioritize when it comes to your diet, be it health, taste, cost, etc.

My biggest priority when eating is health. Or at least it should be, meaning I don't eat nearly as healthy as I know i should.

Breakfast is usually a bowl of cereal with milk, oatmeal, or two eggs, plus a cup of coffee.

Lunch is while I'm working so it's always pretty junky and carb heavy - fries, tots, noodles, pasta, etc, frequently with meat and a can of diet coke

Dinner is pretty healthy at home, lots of baked fish and rice, veggie wraps with hummus, veggie casseroles, all with more cheese than probably necessary. We don't eat desserts unless we're out.

The wife and I eat out at a restaurant about twice a month on average, will eat whatever I want, so not healthy.

It's that middle meal that always gets me in trouble.

How about you? What's gaf eating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSPECzpKn4U

bbbbaf8cff9a5fb7827a99f1ac776fe3.jpg

Rice, pasta, bread, coffee, vegetables and fruit. (High Carb Low Fat)

I ride an average of 200km/week. Been on this diet for over 6 months and I'm fine.

Stormthehouse

Neo Member
Terribly, healthy food takes far more time and effort [and usually money] to prepare, usually isn't as filling, and keeps a fraction as long as most other food exacerbating everything else.
A recurring meal lately is sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits [sausage is 32 cents per 1, cheese is 25 cents per one, biscuit is 17 cents per one, egg is 13 cents], but i've also been having a bunch of fries and tater tots because it was 4 dollars for a 5lb. bag if I got 5 at once.

Breakfast: banana, glass of oj, and leftovers from dinner.

Lunch: banana, Turkey sandwich on p28 bread.

Dinner: I make a bunch of stuff usually rice or pasta based. A lot of vegtables, a lot of chicken, and a lot of spices.

Drink about 70-80oz of water a day. Don't really eat snacks but eat cookies when they're available.

I'm 5'7, 142 lbs.

Breakfast is a combination of eggs and bacon or sausage. It also usually doubles as lunch since I eat it at 11.

Dinner is usually a fatty meat and a single vegetable-based side. Usually drenched in cheese sauce.

I'm on keto.

I eat the same thing thing every day.

Banana and oatmeal for breakfast
PBJ and yogurt for lunch

Turkey, ham and cheese for sandwich
Grapes

Every day. If I have to eat something else, I get anxious.

Cereal, ham and cheese sandwiches, and a multivitamin

I've suffered from eating disorders for most of my life. Many days out of the week I don't eat anything at all.

On the plus side my monthly food expenditures are low.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Past week and a half is all papa johns. I eat in my calorie maintenance so haven't gain any weight...yet

DjRalford

4 rashers of streaky Bacon, 3 eggs fried in butter, 4 sausages, topped with a bit of brown sauce.

100g chicken breast with some lettuce and 3 tbsp of full fat mayo.

4 Burger patties topped with extra mature cheese and streaky bacon with mushrooms fried in butter.

A pepperami

Pork Scratchings

50g Dry Roasted Peanuts

That was my typical diet for 5 months, and in that 5 months i lost 30kg.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I eat fine during the work week and then like an animal with no self control during the weekend.

Hypron

Beans, beans, beans, and more beans.

But yeah, in usual I eat oats and rice milk for breakfast. Sometimes peanut butter (100% peanuts) and bread.

For lunch, I eat some beans (black, red kidney, or mung) with green peas, spinach, and chopped tomatoes, plus 2 fresh carrots. Sometimes I eat rice or pasta with that. I probably eat more than a kg of food.

For dinner I eat the same thing as for lunch usually.

I also get some junk food like pretzels at least once a week. I sometimes get apples or kiwifruits to eat as a dessert.

It's a pretty cheap diet and it should be decently healthy. Heavy on carbs but that's kinda hard to avoid for a vegan diet.

Sushi Nao

Up at 5:30 am for something.. usually a few eggs and brown toast or 12 perogies.

Then coffee at 8 or so.

After the gym, a big lunch of pancakes or french toast (if I didn't have eggs in the morning), fruit, and a smoothie.

For dinner, chicken stir fry wraps with like 5 veggies (2 peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli).

For bedtime snack, cereal or english muffins with peanut butter.

Somedays, a whole pizza lol. Trying to chill out on that - too expensive & feels bad man.

I'm trying to gain muscle weight over the holidays.

My diet just varies hugely so its kinda impossible to describe as I get bored eating the same foods.

Some of it is healthy, some of it bad for you, but just a ton of different stuff.

vaporeon

Breakfast - Clif bar & prenatal vitamin
Lunch - Usually just another Clif bar or bread & cheese
Dinner - Lately it's been bread, cheese, lutenitsa, cucumbers
Lots of tea at all times.

I've lost my appetite so bad that my boss has been legitimately very concerned about me. :/ At least I've lost weight I've been meaning to lose...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not great, I used to be obese type II but managed to lose 100lbs by drastically lowering my intake, I still eat the wrong things just far less of it.

Typical day:

Breakfast: 3x bits of wholemeal toast with low fat margarine and Marmite
Lunch: 2x ciabatta rolls with low fat margarine and Marmite (yes, I eat too much bread)
Dinner: 3x sausages, mash and baked beans
Snacks: Nothing

Typical day when I was well over 300lbs:

Breakfast: 4x bits of white toast with full fat butter and Marmite
Lunch: Whole French stick with full fat butter, Marmite and salt and vinegar crisps + 1L of full fat strawberry milkshake
Dinner: 12" meat feast pizza with 2x sticks of garlic bread and another 1L of full fat milkshake
Snacks: 2x bags of crisps, 1x bar of chocolate, 1x bag of sweets, 1x packet of biscuits

Zimbardo

i eat too much fast food ...ie, burgers, pizza, subs ...i hope to correct this somewhat soon.

i often eat potato chips for a snack ...which i have to cut down on a lot.

for breakfast it's usually Honey Nut Cheerios ...or Crunchy Maple Almond cereal.

i also tend to eat sandwiches a fair amount ...ie, tuna, ham, club house ...egg.

aside from that i enjoy various soups ...ie, vegetable, mushroom, tomato, clam chowder.

i'm 6'2 @ 260 lbs ...i gotta shed some pounds and have been thinking about starting a healthier lifestyle soon.

i figure i'll wait until after Xmas ...cus, you know how that goes during Xmas time.

MGrant

When I was a lad, I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large. But now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs and I'm roughly the size of a barge.

More seriously:

Breakfast - coffee
Lunch - sandwich, nuts, and tea. Sometimes soup or noodles.
Dinner - weekdays usually a little meat with some vegetables and rice. Weekends is restaurant time.

EVOL 100%

Lots of traditional Korean food, shit tons of raw vegetables, as little processed foods as possible. Some coconut oil to help with digestion.

Ever since I started intermittent fasting I eat a lot cleaner than I used to. When you eat shittily, you can actually feel the food wrecking your system. Maybe it's placebo, but it does serve as a huge motivation to eat more healthily.

I need more seafood in my diet, but it's a bitch to prepare and stinks up the place.

KonradLaw

Pretty much paleo with added dairy (I'm slavic, we can handle dairy well).Cycling between regular paleo (sub 100g carbs/day) and ketogenic. Every fourth day is 36 hours fast.

Cheat day once per month.

Bass260

Breakfast: Peanutbutter on toast, fruit smoothie almond milk and chia
Lunch: Pasta with zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and whatever else I have around.
Dinner: large portions of brown rice with beans or lentils, avocado and veggies on the side

Lots of fruit and nuts throughout the day. All plant-based diet.

Creepy

My diet is terrible.
I still eat like a teenager, fast food and whatever will barely keep me alive, I like candy too.
Add the fact that I'm heavily medicated and I drink whisky almost every day...

I'm not overweight, but I need to start eating healthy this next decade or I'm in for some trouble.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What I eat isn't that bad, but portion control is always a problem

I either eat too little or too much. I think I messed up my metabolism with a crash diet in my early 20's too.

I also have a severe weakness for bread and hummus

eso76

Breakfast: usually milk+coffee and biscuits

10.30 a.M more coffee and fresh croissant or similar

Lunch: at work usually either pasta or meat/chicken with a side dish of veggies.
At home, usually both
Something sweet as dessert.

Dinner: pasta probably at least 4 days a week, the other days it's either rice or soup.
Then meat/chicken/turkey/eggs/fish.
Veggies side dish.
Occasionally prosciutto or cheese.
Dessert.

I eat way too much meat probably, not enough fruit.

According to everyone I know, I eat a lot, and I'm always hungry. I do eat more than most people I know.
I try to eat mostly genuine food.

178 cm
68 kgs but my weight constantly fluctuates between 66 and 70.

ryseing

Winter break has fucked my diet up. I've basically been in semi-hibernation so I've been eating twice a day if that. Takeout mostly. I do eat healthy snacks so.

I just got a new pressure cooker so I really need to try that sucker out.

arigato

Breakfast: Peanutbutter on toast, fruit smoothie almond milk and chia
Lunch: Pasta with zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and whatever else I have around.
Dinner: large portions of brown rice with beans or lentils, avocado and veggies on the side

Lots of fruit and nuts throughout the day. All plant-based diet.
There's this lovely mulberry jam made with no refined sugar whatsoever. Only three ingredients (all homegrown) mulberries, lemon, and raw honey. Oh my, the jam is so incredibly delicious I swear surviving on only mulberry jam sandwiches would be effortless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom