• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Describe your diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

I don't eat as much as I should.

Up until yesterday it generally was two lettuce wrapped burgers, 1 green Apple and baby carrots and that's it.

Plus I work out three hours a day.

I got a really bad eating disorder though so that is why.

Working with Fit Gaf on ideas and going to get some pro help to get my body to a better place.

entremet

It's the see food diet.

Doesn't work as well in text, amirite lol

For me, it's mostly high carb and low fat. When I cheat, I cheat. I don't track or have a cheat day or meals, but those opportunities come if you have a social life.

What does that mean daily? Breakfast is usually oatmeal, lunch is rice and beans with a veggies. Dinner is similar with potatoes, vegetables, corn, legumes.

My body operates best this way. I've tried keto and low carb. Can't do it long term.

Falchion

First off, I never ever eat breakfast, unless by some miracle I'm awake before 10:30 on Saturday and can be bothered to go get some Chicken Fil A breakfast. So pretty much I wake up and them the first food I eat is 4 - 5 hours later at lunch. If it's a weekday I usually bring some rotisserie chicken and either grits or oatmeal to eat at work before I go workout during my lunch break. A few days a week though I go eat out with coworkers which usually means some kind of fast food. For dinner, I either go pick something up and bring it home (Chick Fil A, Taco Bell, Chipotle, Five Guys, etc), or I make something which usually involves a combination of the following foods:

Frozen popcorn chicken, deli popcorn chicken, instant mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, soup, rotisserie chicken, frozen fish, bagel bites, pancakes, eggs, bacon, or a frozen bag of pasta / veggies.

I'm a big fan of eating very little throughout the day and then having a huge dinner with most of my calories so usually lunch is small and dinner is big. Also I'm really active (cardio 1-2 times per day, lifting, plus I have a standing / walking desk), which gives me a lot of latitude in what I can eat.

Lombax

Banned
95% of the time its Veggies and Meat, as my wife and I follow a mostly paleo diet.

I eat lunch and dinner, and skip breakfast most of the time, however I start my day off with a really strong cup of black coffee each morning.

weepy

Two meals a day, breakfast and dinner. First meal is usually cereal (the sugary kinds) with whole milk. If I'm not lazy I'll make myself a traditional American breakfast (pancakes with eggs and bacon, waffles, hash browns, things like that). Dinner is usually something high in carbs and/or fats. Trash food like pizza, sandwiches, etc. Again, if I cook for myself more greens would be added and it'll probably be a three course meal. The rest of the day is me on black coffee.

Xelios092

Well usually I eat nothing through the morning. I'm always rushing around and I don't have time to eat. Then sometime around 5pm-ish I start drinking beer to catch up my carb intake for missed meals. And then I go to taco bell because that's my drunk delicacy. Rinse and repeat mostly every day.

tariniel

I eat around 1800 cal/day Mon-Fri
Saturday and Sunday I allow 2500-3000 cal
I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, 60mins each.

So I eat about 14000-15000 cal/week, my TDEE for maintenance is 2900/day or 20300 cal/week, so I have a 5300 cal deficit and on paper should lose about 1.5lbs per week (1lb =~ 3500 cals).

Sometimes I eat more or less but this matches what I've been seeing on the scale. 29M 6' 246, btw. I've lost 135 lbs since January with simple math.

Doing it this way you can more or less eat whatever you want as long as you follow the numbers. As for what I fill the numbers with, on Mon-Fri it's some combination of: chicken, tuna, spinach, broccoli, nuts, greek yogurt, banana, string cheese, triscuit crackers, chia seeds, green tea, black coffee, water. Sat-Sun I eat whatever I want within my 2500-3000 cal window which sometimes includes fast food or alcohol.

Peltz

I'm doing P90X right now and basically eat 10 to 11 small meals per day. Here's my meal plan for the next few weeks during the 6 days per week when I'm working out.

1. 2 slices of whole wheat toast with hummus to start the day
2. Workout
3. Recovery Drink
4. Protein Bar + a glass of skim milk
5. Egg whites with turkey breast, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes
6. A second protein bar OR 2 cups of no-salt added 1% cottage cheese
7. Grilled chicken with grilled vegetables (mushrooms,peppers, eggplant, broccoli)
8. Glass of skim milk + bowl of carrot sticks
9. Grilled Chicken, Salmon, or steak for dinner
11. A piece of fruit + glass of skim milk for desert

All of the food groups are well represented and I feel like a million bucks :)

highrider

Banned
A lot of chicken and rice. Homemade burritos, salad. I generally only eat one meal a day. Light snacks sometimes at lunch.

Plissken

I'm trying to lose a few pounds at the moment, so I'm doing 1200 calories a day or so. Right now every day looks like this:

Breakfast - Protein bar, banana - 300 calories
Lunch - Apple, almonds, small dark chocolate square - 300 calories
Dinner - Chicken & veggies - 300 calories
Snack - Protein shake after the gym - 250 calories

That's Sunday - Friday for me. Saturdays are cheat days, but even on cheat day I try to stay at or under 2000 calories.

Pretty much follow the IIFYM diet, and calmed down on trying to eat my body weight in protein. So I eat out a lot (at least once a day), but still aim to eat fairly healthy (like eating a salad or a sandwich a good chunk of the time). I also work out 4-5 times a week and know all about how to count calories, what my macros are and how much I need to eat to lose/gain weight, but it got old after a few years of religiously eating chicken/protein shakes/rice

Beefy

Brown rice
Different kinds of pasta
Sauces made from scratch
Red meat once or twice a week
Fish two or three times a week
Chicken once or twice a week
A veg dish once a week
Only drink water and milk substitute

Take away on one day every two weeks or so

All Might

Neo Member
Breakfast:
Espresso Cold Brew w/Almond Milk
Toast with Peanut Butter

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich -or- chicken kabob and rice
Matcha soy latte with 1 pump chocolate

Dinner:
Anything really

Mine's shit can somebody tell me what I should be eating every day.

I don't even care about changing it up everyday I'll eat the same three meals a day if it's good for me.

Fast food most days. The plan is to start cooking when I get a decent kitchen and close proximity to a decent grocery store this spring. You know to prevent the early death that is currently scheduled.

Chicken, turkey, ramen noodles, fruits, veggies, pb&j sammiches, tuna, salad, spaghetti, lasagna, cereal, oatmeal, eggs.

Don't eat beef or pork.

Mine's shit can somebody tell me what I should be eating every day.

I don't even care about changing it up everyday I'll eat the same three meals a day if it's good for me.

Oatmeal in the morning to fill you up, chicken salad for lunch, grilled chicken and veggies for dinner.

Today I ate pizza for breakfast, and now I came home to eat some chicken, pasta covered in oil, and cookies.

Lotta coffee in between. Gonna wake up early tomorrow to get a steak egg and cheese from McDonald's, then I'll probably have a donut for lunch.

Exercise and eat what I want.
Or this lol

CHC

Sorted, I like all of these options and have access to a Foreman.

If you get tired of eating chicken you can make some pretty good stewed legumes like lentils. Take some puy lentils and simmer them in chicken stock and white wine (or a little vinegar if you don't have wine), with chopped tomatoes, minced carrots and onions. Cook it for like 45 minutes and it should make a nice hearty lentil stew, great with rice and easy to make a large batch of. Also good with fish like salmon on top of it.

Giggzy

My diet is so boring :(

Breakfast:
Protein shake (just water)
Banana or apple

Lunch:
Grilled chicken w/ Avocado
Veggies
Apple or banana (whichever I didn't eat for breakfast)

Dinner:
Grilled chicken w/ Avocado
Veggies

or Spaghetti Squash with grilled chicken and pesto... with veggies.

If you get tired of eating chicken you can make some pretty good stewed legumes like lentils. Take some puy lentils and simmer them in chicken stock and white wine (or a little vinegar if you don't have wine), with chopped tomatoes, minced carrots and onions. Cook it for like 45 minutes and it should make a nice hearty lentil stew, great with rice and easy to make a large batch of. Also good with fish like salmon on top of it.

That actually sounds pretty good, not too bad for a student budget either.

Cheers guys 2017's gonna be awesome.

Caelus

Intermittent fasting + keto, I haven't had an actual morning breakfast in months, I just eat later in the day. A surprisingly easy adjustment and my abs are visible now, after years of obesity and overweightedness. NIce feeling.

jyoung188

thumbnail_10897.jpg

This pretty much sums me up lol

Lunch? Not particularly healthy. Gas station hot dogs and taquitos (I really need to start making my own lunch)

Dinner is very heavy on red meat and veggies. More healthy than lunch, but man I love my red meat.

KorrZ

This is what I've eaten today, which is pretty standard during the week with some slight variations. I do love to cook so on the weekends I tend to mix it up a lot while still trying to be fairly healthy.

Breakfast:

3 eggs, scrambled.
2 pieces of whole wheat toast w/butter.
3 strips of turkey bacon
Large coffee

Pre-lunch snack:

Greek yogurt w/ handful of whole almonds mixed in.

Lunch:

Whole wheat pasta w/ lean ground beef & homemade tomato sauce
Spinach & kale salad

Dinner:

2 chicken breasts
1 sweet potato
spinach/kale salad

That's pretty much it for a standard day.

Dark_castle

Terribly, healthy food takes far more time and effort [and usually money] to prepare, usually isn't as filling, and keeps a fraction as long as most other food exacerbating everything else.
A recurring meal lately is sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits [sausage is 32 cents per 1, cheese is 25 cents per one, biscuit is 17 cents per one, egg is 13 cents], but i've also been having a bunch of fries and tater tots because it was 4 dollars for a 5lb. bag if I got 5 at once.

Nah, I've saved alot more money and time by bulk cooking grilled chicken breast on weekend for the weekdays, and put them into Tupperware with brown rice and some frozen veggies. Takeaways ended up costing much money and wasting time.

My typical meal plan:

Meal 1
Oatmeal in milk with chia seeds
Protein Shake
Fish oil supplement

Meal 2
Brown Rice
Grilled chicken
Kale and tomato salad
Some nuts or avocado

Pre-workout
Banana
Protein Shake

Post workout
Sourdough toast with peanut butter
Protein Shake
Kiwi or strawberry

Meal 3
Fish
Brown rice
Broccoli or asparagus

Meal 4
Protein Shake

I eat the same every day or at least try to.

Breakfast - Porridge with a small scoop of chocolate protein + walnuts or Coffee + some bread with some chicken ham + protein shake.

Middle of the morning - green tea + some walnuts

Lunch - rice and tuna + fruit

Two hours or so after lunch - Some bread or some greek yoghurt (depends here)

Pre-workout - Porridge with a small scoop of chocolate protein or eggs

Post-workout - Protein shake

Dinner - Chicken/turkey breast + rice + vegetables + fruit

Before bed: greek yogurt with some walnuts/almonds.

I never eat porridge with protein twice a day, so i mix things up a little. And everything in moderate quantities.

Protien and vegetables. More of a forced thing for my bf, and I'm the one doing all the cooking. I still drink sodas and teas. Sometimes I'll induldge in a big bowl of pasta or some carb heavy food, but it always makes me feel sick and ramps up my acid reflux that can take a day or two to get back under control.

Reeks

A lot of Taco Bell. I only eat once a day and I'm fairly thin, which some mistake for being healthy- I'm really not. Sometimes I go a whole day without eating. I try to drink Soylent here and there for nutrients.

Escargo

A lot of things + rice. I try to fit in the food groups everyday but veggies are getting difficult. Sometimes i got no appetite for them.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Highest Priority: Protein macro, Calories, Nutrience
Mid Priority: Taste, Fat Macro
Low Priority: Carbs

I basically eat lean meats to hit a big chunk of my needed protein intake and the rest of the day is me hitting that goal all while staying below a caloric threshold. Fats and Carbs are just stuff I want to snack on or pair with my protein. I also typically eat two big meals a day. Around lunch and dinner.

My main protein sources are beef, poultry, and or eggs. If youre having trouble hitting your protein macro, add a chicken breast. I dont even need protein powder anymore.

I used to drink a lot of regular soda, replaced with diet soda. Shit helps my sweet tooth immensely.

Elitist1945

What I'm about to say is legit: I probably costume beef at least once per day, I'll have several bags of chips per week, and I eat lots of frozen foods like fries, chicken strips and pizza. The healthiest thing I consume is probably the watermelon juice I drink.

Tis the life of a 19 year old living on their own.

RBH

What I'm about to say is legit: I probably costume beef at least once per day, I'll have several bags of chips per week, and I eat lots of frozen foods like fries, chicken strips and pizza. The healthiest thing I consume is probably the watermelon juice I drink.

Tis the life of a 19 year old living on their own.

What kind of costume do you put the beef in?!

:)

CHC

That actually sounds pretty good, not too bad for a student budget either.

Cheers guys 2017's gonna be awesome.

It is good. Just don't forget the salt, pepper, herbs, and generous cook time - or else you'll just wind up with underdeveloped lentil soup. It should come out as a nice thick stew - like this:

BumRush

5 days a week I only eat between noon and eight, with a diet high in protein, fruits and vegetables. The other two days I eat whatever I want. I have a wife and a daughter though, so some days get away...the key is to get right back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom