• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Describe your diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I start or try to eat healthy a weird weekend starts and I get derailed hard.

Started making myself some easy, filling, and fairly healthy chicken salads for dinner with fresh veggies and chicken made without many extra ingredients, sauces and what not. More healthy than what I had been eating, and gotta admit... effin delicious.

Then low and behold, Friday was a concert where I went eat with the band at a all you can eat. Saturday afternoon my boss invited us over for a lunch party and made a ton of food that would have gone to waste so we tried to finish as much as possible... that night was a birthday party with an all you can eat/drink, Sunday was a festival, and Monday night was a freaking Brazilian themed dinner (never had brazilian food before, it was glorious)

-sigh-

All this is tied to my lunch at work that is with the junior high school kids so I eat, a mound of rice or bread, some kind of stew with a ton of oil and who knows what in it, some third dish for extra calories, and milk. All ranging around what has to be 775-900 calories easy (it's mandated to be that range) It's fine for the kids who are running around all day in PE and a hour break but for us adults its rough lol.

Breakfast is usually a bowel with about 4 spoonfuls of yogurt + some dry non sugary cereal mixed together. Quick and easy.

Gonna try and get back on my healthy diet train.

Kas

I eat just enough a day to keep my body working till the next time I eat, which is usually the next day

I hate the act of eating.

Metalmarc

Badly, & i was a LOT worse before and i am overweight, previously every meal, all week was full of junk food.

Week

Breafast wrap (sausage,hashbrown,bacon)

Lunch - Microwaveable Rice Pouch

Tea - Jacket Potato & either some ham or 2 Potatos (occasionally chicken insstead of Ham)

Snacks - chocolate, Salted Peanuts, relentless energy drink.

Friday/Saturday - Various Junk Foods (no breakfast sat)
Sunday - same as a weekday (apart from No breakfast)

bjork

oOXDJDU.jpg

KdylanR92

Breakfast: Special K fruit and yogurt and either orange juice or tea

Every other meal: various forms of takeout, living in the city my choices are numerous but i usually stick with Chinese takeout in the form of beef and broccoli and pepper and onion steak.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I do a bad diet, not-recommended, accidentally. Lots of walking because Japan, eat less because portion sizes are small, eat once a day because stress and no appetite, physical work. Tadaa, -10kg in two months. I keep losing muscle too because of it. Need to gain but its hard.

Eggs or strawberry preserves on buttered toast for breakfast

Strawberry preserves with either butter or cheese on toast as a snack

For lunch and dinner it's some combination of starch veg and meat

After dinner a fruit smoothie

Portion control rulz

no breakfast, a large unhealthy lunch at work, and usually a small dinner

I try to keep it less than 1700 calories a day

Sometimes I only eat lunch on Taco Bell days, I have a sweet spot for taco bell

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Breakfast: Coffee and some sort of pastry.

Lunch: Usually its a grilled chicken sandwich or anything else with meat.

Dinner: one of the following: fish, chicken, or beef. with side dishes plus veggies (raw, boiled, or grilled). wine.

Snacks: unhealthy shit like soda, candy, chips, etc.

I don't watch how much I eat. Haven't been gaining weight so no need to start.

brawly

#1: eat at fast food places as little as possible (usually once every two/three weeks, never more than once a week)

#2: do not drink more than one softdrink a day.

#3: do not drink a softdrink today if you've had one yesterday

#4: eat potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, whole-grain noodles, whole-grain bread, oatmeal, meat, vegetables or salad as much as possible

#5: reward yourself with snacks from time to time

I'm putting on muscles and the main meals should be home cooked, but I still want to live and snacks here and there aren't gonna kill me.

guek

Banned
Every time I start or try to eat healthy a weird weekend starts and I get derailed hard.

Started making myself some easy, filling, and fairly healthy chicken salads for dinner with fresh veggies and chicken made without many extra ingredients, sauces and what not. More healthy than what I had been eating, and gotta admit... effin delicious.

Then low and behold, Friday was a concert where I went eat with the band at a all you can eat. Saturday afternoon my boss invited us over for a lunch party and made a ton of food that would have gone to waste so we tried to finish as much as possible... that night was a birthday party with an all you can eat/drink, Sunday was a festival, and Monday night was a freaking Brazilian themed dinner (never had brazilian food before, it was glorious)

-sigh-

All this is tied to my lunch at work that is with the junior high school kids so I eat, a mound of rice or bread, some kind of stew with a ton of oil and who knows what in it, some third dish for extra calories, and milk. All ranging around what has to be 775-900 calories easy (it's mandated to be that range) It's fine for the kids who are running around all day in PE and a hour break but for us adults its rough lol.

Breakfast is usually a bowel with about 4 spoonfuls of yogurt + some dry non sugary cereal mixed together. Quick and easy.

Gonna try and get back on my healthy diet train.

I don't think eating out socially is that bad as long as it's not every day. The issue is consistency when it comes to the rest of your diet.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lazy keto

That's pretty much me these days.

Most days I eat only dinner, so there's some intermittent fasting in the mix. Usually it's a simple meal consisting of lots of meat and some vegetables. Rib-eye steaks are my go-to when I get them on the cheap (under $10/lb). Try to keep fat up high, protein moderate and carbs as low as possible.

With that said, I'll still "cheat" every once in a while with beer or some dessert my wife made or when eating with friends.

I eat clean 80/20. Don't eat processed junk food don't drink soda or juice. Meaning if I were to crave chips I'll make my own. I consume or smoke the mary. I prepare all meals I eat for myself throughout the week. I consume little to no red meat.

Once or twice I'll go out to dinner or stop by a local food shop for lunch/breakfast.

I don't have a sweet tooth so I barely consume sugar, that said I don't drink beer but I'll have one if its all that's available (which usually isn't the case). When it comes to alcohol I prefer spirits straight, Whisky, Tequila, Rum, and Gin.

That's pretty much me these days.

Most days I eat only dinner, so there's some intermittent fasting in the mix. Usually it's a simple meal consisting of lots of meat and some vegetables. Rib-eye steaks are my go-to when I get them on the cheap (under $10/lb). Try to keep fat up high, protein moderate and carbs as low as possible.

With that said, I'll still "cheat" every once in a while with beer or some dessert my wife made or when eating with friends.
Mah low blood sugar brother

Literally the worst aspect of my life.

Stupid amounts of Korean bbq. Fast food way too often because I'm so busy with work and school. I make my girlfriend and I chicken katsu once a week, which we always eat way too much of. The rest of my diet is pretty heavily skewed in favor of eggs, butter, and meat. I eat so infrequently and small enough portions to be like 10 pounds shy of "overweight" for my height, but there's certainly some pudge that I'm not happy about.

I also drink like two gallons of apple juice a week. It's horrible. I've never felt so addicted to something, and I used to smoke.

Zero2kz

Lift heavy shit. Eat everything.

More details:

Weekdays:

Breakfast:
4-5 hard boiled eggs
turkey sausage
Maybe a biscuit

snacks:
protein bars
greek yogurt + protein powder
cheese
more cheese

lunch:
grilled chicken salad (Shawarma on monday, Thai food on Thursday)

dinner:
If not lazy, protein + vegetable + usually sweet potatoes
If lazy (2-4 days a week): Chipotle

Weekends:

No restrictions.

I'm on a 1500 calorie diet, and I usually just eat whatever I want so long as I don't go over that number (by too much). That said, because I eat so much less now than I used to, I haven't been eating as much fast food, junk food, and whatnot as I used to. I started this in August and I've lost 45lbs so far.

Edit: Oh yeah, I eat fish a lot more than I used to. I buy the big bags of already cut fillets from Sam's and season them to my liking. A fillet is usually only 100 calories, so that with broccoli or rice is a filling, low calorie meal.

Faiz

A good deal of baked chicken, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli, eggs, leafy greens, assorted other vegetables, oatmeal, Greek yoghurt.

Smaller amounts of lean beef, tuna, fruits.

Minimal amounts of fried foods.

Rarely, soda, desserts, etc.

I'd like to eat more wild caught seafood, but shit gets expensive.

Exis

I am a high fat no Sugar kinda guy.

Today's food
Morning- Bulletproof Coffee
Lunch- Tuna Steak and salad
Mid Afternoon- Sirlion Beef Burger, Cheese
Post Yoga- Two Turkey Burgers.
Snacks-Pepperoni

I end up using burger patties alot as it is damn easier to measure.

Breakfast 7 days - 75g Porridge with 1 Pint Milk and 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein

Lunch 6 Days - Fish of some sort. 2 Fillets with veg and brown rice. Sunday 6 scrambled egg on toast. Full English once a month.

Dinner - Whatever the Mrs is cooking. All top notch home cooked food. Lot's of protein. Takeaway on Sunday. Usually Indian.

Snack - Chocolate protein shake with milk. Add banana and Peanut butter if 'bulking'.

Gallon of water every day. Hot milk at night.

Eat out usually for lunch and dinner once a week to break things up. Have whatever but nothing terrible.

6'4" 235lb's 12% body fat. Never counted a calorie in my life. Work out a lot though!

Servbot24

Banned
Breakfast: Quest bar, almonds
Lunch: smoothie with spinach, protein powder, pineapple, banana, cucumber, yogurt
Snack: carrots and kale
Dinner: rice with chicken, green beans and broccoli

BrazilGaf

Banned
Keto all week

Meat, cheese, eggs, and stuff

And one day of the weekend I eat whatever I want

Lost a ton of weight in the last 4 months

Slixshot

Banned
My life is based around fitness so I basically eat to keep my calorie count at a net positive. I used to be a lot pickier but I kinda just eat whatever I can these days.

Kite

Breakfast: Yogurt with fruit and nuts or a smoothie

Lunch: My junk meal, co-workers and I love to eat out. Most of my calories come from here.

Dinner: Something light, soup and a sandwich or grilled chicken breast and veggies.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Pretty much always granola for breakfast, sometimes with blueberries on top

My work has a great on-site cafe so lunch is always cheap and healthy. Usually lovely sushi, a sandwich or bibimbap.

Dinner is usually something like baked fish with rice and veggies, soup & sandwich, pasta with roasted Mediterranean veggies, a takeout bowl from Freshii, or something along those lines. Healthy is the most important factor, with a couple of cheat days each week for pizza etc.

I'm lazy AF in the kitchen, especially being a bachelor this past year or so. But when I live with a partner again it'll be fun to cook together.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Organic, no diet products, no low-sugar, every other meal vegetarian, lots of vegetables in the meat-based dishes and little-to-no salt. And a serious focus on getting all vitamins, minerals and all the other nutrients. Keeps me feeling good.

Ensoul

When I am on my game it's something like this:

Breakfast: Oatmeal
snack: almonds and a cheese stick
Lunch: protein shake
Snack: Yogurt
Dinner: something somewhat healthy.

Now? It's me just stuffing my face with crap all day. It's pathetic.

SeanR1221

Breakfast: 2 pieces of bread, 4 egg whites, 1-2 eggs

Lunch and dinner: chicken or fish with one cup jasmine rice and a green vegetable cooked in a tablespoon of olive oil.

Snacks: fruit, protein bars, Greek yogurt

Pretty much every day

Absolutely horrible but I generally eat just enough of the garbage that I lose or maintain weight most weeks.

Sometimes I feel like I'm dying though.

Amani

My sweet tooth's been running rampant lately, but I'm starting to calm down and get back to fruits, juices, and more water instead of soda. But it's Christmas so I refuse to not have eggnog and pie. You can take my pie over my dead, bloated body.

I'm gonna start jogging after the holidays are over though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom