• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DESIGN FROM KAZ'S ASS: PS4 leaked via teaser promo E3 2013

Midou

Too many lights on the box for this to be real...

Plenty of commercials use CGI versions of products, there are many reasons to believe it is fake, that is not quite one of them. As the commercial was not officially released most of the faults can be accredited to it being unfinished.

jaypah

If it's fake, can we explain the use of actors and the production value? Who would go through that trouble?

Welcome to the internet.

Also, "hey give me a job, look how many people thought i made an actual Sony advert!". Those actors were just people who didn't even have to act.

Plenty of commercials use CGI versions of products, there are many reasons to believe it is fake, that is not quite one of them. As the commercial was not officially released most of the faults can be accredited to it being unfinished.

I don't think they meant light reflections, just actual lights...LEDs. That shit looks like a damn disco, Sony has way more style than that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cool teaser, I REALLY like how they put the buttons in people's eyes. But the box looks cheap as fuck with those illuminated power and Wifi buttons/indicators (why would you show that shit on the exterior? Doesn't make sense). I mean Sony is not the greatest when it comes to hardware design, and they leave a lot to be desired recently, but that just looks horrible. Even worse than the new PS3.

On one hand I think the actual promo stuff could be real, on the other, the box just looks like a gigantic external hard drive enclosure with some details that don't make sense.

That better not be it or it's going to look too close to this:

image_293659_thumb_wide940.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also lol @ them showing footage for only one game throughout all of that and having such little game footage in general.

ironcreed

Banned
Fake it is then. But it still did a good job of getting people talking and wondering. In which case, I'm sure they don't mind, lol.

Mokubba

Looks fake.

Doesn't look as slick as the PS3 and the montage is not up to the Sony or Playstation montages we've seen.

EvB

Only just saw this thread, but looked fake straight away. The Actors faces aren't made up enough to be proffesional

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gamespot

[UPDATE] Sony confirms new advertisement showing off next-generation platform is not the real deal.

.GqueB.

Banned
It's certainly not something they'd release to the public.

Yea proof of concept videos are usually for internal use only. This has a certain level of production that's pretty interesting though. This could've been a video put together to pitch the business in the first place in which case they'd need to have a mockup in there as a placeholder to show SONY how they planned on handling the product.

Top Bottom