• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Despite all the crap going on I still love this place as a gaming community

I would like to support going to where ever the majority of the moderators are going to. They're the ones who put time and effort into this site and community and not Evillore. If the good ones are moving to ResetEra than I am too!
You're going to hear a lot of bullshit about ResetEra over the next week or two. This or that person is going. I would wait and see. I'm not a fan of jumping over to a forum where others are using this incident as cover for potentially just wanting to build and run something worth money like GAF.

Oxn

You're going to hear a lot of bullshit about ResetEra over the next week or two. This or that person is going. I would wait and see. I'm not a fan of jumping over to a forum where others are using this incident as cover for potentially just wanting to build and run something worth money like GAF.

Why not both?

Zeneric

I tried to find a replacement of NeoGAF. Giantbomb, Waypoint, Penny Arcade Forums, etc. All of 'em are horrible. Nothing's like NeoGAF.

Gnilres

I spent 90% of my time on the gaming side and no matter what happened, the community here is awesome and I'm glad it's back. Glad to see it focused on gaming as well.

Has any of these accusations been proven? Or is it just she say he say ...shit, if it true why the fuck it taken all these year to come out and no legal action was taken? I mean this is America..people sue for everything ...whatever, I’m just glad this NeoGaF back...

phant0m

I love this place. Not going anywhere.

Count me in. I’ve literally been distressed the past few days, checking GAF is part of my daily habits. Getting that 503 the first few times before I remembered was a kick to the stomach.

Reddit threads just don’t cut it for most stuff

No more walking on egg shells with many of the terrible mods gone.

Really? It kinda seems like there's something that isn't allowed to be mentioned...

c6bf9b08586c241b021dd04c204b7a85.png

Whether the allegations against the owner are true or not, it may have done irreparable damage to the site.

The most importanr thing about GAF, IMO, was our ability to conversate directly with folks like Stinkles, ThomasMahler, etc. Industry guys willing to speak directly to their fans, to us.

But industry folks cannot afford the negative publicity that would ensue from "associating" with this site now, I fear. I dunno, we will see, but just chattjng with other gamers about gaming isnt enough to sustain it I feel. If we lose the industry folks, we lose the essence of what made GAF what it was.

Only time will tell. I dont think anyone should be shit on just for posting on a site, regardless of what IRL stuff the owner of said site is or isnt involved in.

I mean hell our country is being run by a lunatic. That doesnt make all Americans lunatics. (Well, we kinda are now that I think about it.)

Will keep watching and see how this all pans out.

Durask

Stupid question - why can't this be, you know, a GAMING forum?

No Trump, no Hillary, no politics? Politics attracts people who are into politics and not gamers. People who are into politics should go to politics related forums, subreddits, etc.

Maybe Off-Topic can be changed to Non-Gaming Entertaintment to talk about movies, anime, etc.

smurfx

get some go again
honestly i would be okay with ot gone as long as we get some specialized ot threads like the funny pics thread back.

Stupid question - why can't this be, you know, a GAMING forum?

No Trump, no Hillary, no politics? Politics attracts people who are into politics and not gamers. People who are into politics should go to politics related forums, subreddits, etc.

Maybe Off-Topic can be changed to Non-Gaming Entertaintment to talk about movies, anime, etc.

wut if there's politics in games tho then wut

Wedge7

Checked this damn site so many times over the past few days, echo the sentiment of somebody above, for better or worse I'm on this forum a ton lol.

Glad to see its back. Dont know the full story of what happened, and dont know if we will ever get the whole truth, but the site is bigger than one man. Many users will leave, but alot will probably remain, and many will still probably eventually return.

I'm sure we'll get ton of the "I QUIT!" type posts, but those will eventually stop as well, and things will get back to relative normalcy. Either way, I just want a place to talk about games. I got too many memories from this place.

kennyamr

yea it will take some time.
some people will keep leaving but after the ones that want to leave are all gone the site will be back to normal.
Let's give it a few days still

Kabuto

I’ve been with this forum for 6+ years and it sucked not having it be up for the last couple of days.

It’s been a part of my daily routine to check up on GAF so if this really is the end, it’s sad. No other forum can replace this place.

Shout out to Dragonball Super GAF, One Piece GAF and K-Pop GAF, you guys had good communities.

livelifelove13

Neo Member
Man, now that everything has come to this, people feel empowered to actually use loaded terms like SJWs in GAF huh?

Sad.

What's more sad is that you've been stuck in the looney bin echo chamber for so long that you think people feel "empowered" to say SJW. It's not about empowerment, it's about speaking what you feel--which didn't come without dogpiling and bans in the past.

SaiyanRaoh

Fuck the haters. Problems and all, I have missed the site. But I do have to say though. I've extensively watched videos, read tweets and articles, I had no idea this place was so hated. People like Colin, Boogie Rich (Review tech) and developers said good riddance. i was actually surprised.

smurfx

get some go again
I’ve been with this forum for 6+ years and it sucked not having it be up for the last couple of days.

It’s been a part of my daily routine to check up on GAF so if this really is the end, it’s sad. No other forum can replace this place.

Shout out to One Piece GAF and K-Pop GAF, you guys had good communities.
hoping we get the one piece thread back too.

Top Bottom