• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Despite all the crap going on I still love this place as a gaming community

Agreed. This is the best gaming community I've ever been a part of where a prominent member ended up being a fucking pedophile and the owner ended up being an unrepentant sexual assaulter.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What's more sad is that you've been stuck in the looney bin echo chamber for so long that you think people feel "empowered" to say SJW. It's not about empowerment, it's about speaking what you feel--which didn't come without dogpiling and bans in the past.

Well, I guess you're feeling glad then, you can use the term carte blanche right now. Good for you.

Im just glad that maybe this fucking echo-chamber bubble can burst finally. It was getting WAY too much.

So many fucking topics where I had to bite my tongue and couldnt even say something neutral cause you'd get insta-banned.

THE LAST NIGHT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD FUCK YALL!

I like pewdiepie.

Yea, he's alright. I don't think he's racist, I think he's just dumb.

FUCK.

Also, I hope people understand somewhat now, that this was an INCREDIBLE opinion bubble, people were absolutely too scared to say anything that even remotely was against the gaf-group-think, so all the opinions here felt like the ONLY opinions....

I just wanted a place to talk about the industry that was a little better-informed than average. Crazy to see it blow up like this, but I hope it can bounce back.

Arc

Regardless of what the truth is I was totally lost without this place the last two days. Popping was just not the same. Maybe that makes me a bad person but I'll give Evillore the benefit of the doubt because honestly this forum has been a part of my life since 1UP Yours/2006ish.

It is gonna be so much better without the biased mods and their pet goons stirring up dog piles. I'm gonna be exercising so much logic and reason from now on. So refreshing!

Paracelsus

I'm really interested to know what exactly everyone has just been dying to say that they couldn't say before.

Here

Fuck the haters. Problems and all, I have missed the site. But I do have to say though. I've extensively watched videos, read tweets and articles, I had no idea this place was so hated. People like Colin, Boogie Rich (Review tech) and developers said good riddance. i was actually surprised.

Why do you think that is?

People are so over dramatic, it shows who has a life and who doesn't..

I don't even know or care what one dude does on a game forum and if sure as hell doesn't affect where I'm gonna post . In the grand scheme this forum is a meaningless nothing, but it's a board where a lot of decent gamers chatted some games and that's all I care about.

People's outside lives don't mean shit to me especially on a game forum, it's none of my business..

The people making their threads to me show such immaturity its not even possible to put into words

Fascinating isn’t it. Blessing in disguise?

mortal

Gold Member
I'm just glad Gaf didn't go out like that

I also think The Last Night looks like a very interesting game. I am going to judge the game based on its own merits, as I would with any game.

dendryte

It's a forum about video games. Crazy right?

Ok, fine. You can have neogaf.

So where's this so-called "regressive left" going? ResetEra?

Ps. It's off-topicy, but I'll post it here -- GamerGate was always a vehicle to harass individuals, primarily minorities and their allies. The whole "ethics in video game journalism" facade was just to bring in clueless followers to aid and abet, like a zombie botnet used for meatspace distributed denial of service attacks. If these cretins actually cared about their so-called ethics, they'd go after AAA developers and publishers: that's where the true sleaze lies, not with individuals that create games that sell a couple dozen copies. But they don't want to bite the hand that provides video gamez. Except when it conveniences them, I'm sure. And any alt-righty and nazi types can go fuck off. Ahem. Ah, I am reminded of something. I once joined this one irc channel, where some of the people were *ehh* but then I joined the off-topic version of the channel, and those same people are continually saying things like "mentally-ill triggered swj libtard snowflake cuck" and ranting about the news 24/7 -- now THAT was an echo chamber. Whee, crazy town. I thought about using the logs to feed into a Markov or rnn-based irc or twitter bot, but I figure the end result would be too difficult to distinguish from these people's actual writings.

Boglin

I'm just glad Gaf didn't go out like that

I also think The Last Night looks like a very interesting game. I am going to judge the game based on its own merits, as I would with any game.

Same here. This forum had a habit of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

void666

Banned
Fuck the haters. Problems and all, I have missed the site. But I do have to say though. I've extensively watched videos, read tweets and articles, I had no idea this place was so hated. People like Colin, Boogie Rich (Review tech) and developers said good riddance. i was actually surprised.

The day gaf went down it was like Luke blowing up the death star. People were dancing in the streets. That's a sign that something was very wrong with this place.
This whole mess is an oportunity to set things straight.

ccbfan

Honestly the woman's story is flaky at best and straight out psycho at worst.

If you believed everything she said. She went on a road trip and stayed in a hotel room with a man she had no interest in. The man thought she was interested and tried to take a shower together and didn't go further after being rejected. After this "assault" she decides to have an open physical relationship with this man and only broke it off with him because he was chasing another woman.

I mean this is 100 percent her side of the story. WTF.

Ok, fine. You can have neogaf.

So where's this so-called "regressive left" going? ResetEra?

Ps. It's off-topicy, but I'll post it here -- GamerGate was always a vehicle to harass individuals, primarily minorities and their allies. The whole "ethics in video game journalism" facade was just to bring in clueless followers to aid and abet, like a zombie botnet used for meatspace distributed denial of service attacks. If these cretins actually cared about their so-called ethics, they'd go after AAA developers and publishers: that's where the true sleaze lies, not with individuals that create games that sell a couple dozen copies. But they don't want to bite the hand that provides video gamez. Except when it conveniences them, I'm sure. And any alt-righty and nazi types can go fuck off. Ahem. Ah, I am reminded of something. I once joined this one irc channel, where some of the people were *ehh* but then I joined the off-topic version of the channel, and those same people are continually saying things like "mentally-ill triggered swj libtard snowflake cuck" and ranting about the news 24/7 -- now THAT was an echo chamber. Whee, crazy town. I thought about using the logs to feed into a Markov or rnn-based irc or twitter bot, but I figure the end result would be too difficult to distinguish from these people's actual writings.

Do you not have anything better to think about in your life?

I'm of two minds on the subject and it's probably best I don't go on too much. I will say I'm somewhat worried about some people in this thread being so nonchalant about the whole thing.

I can understand the people upset and going on suicide rants, and I can understand the people who genuinely want to make the forum better... It's the ones ones who just want everything to closer their eyes and pretend nothing has changed and that the site is just going through spring cleaning that worry me.

The forum is going to change, and so many replies worry me on how it will in the goal for "normalcy".

HariKari

Boogie seems like a reasonable person

I don't think he is. No side is sometimes a side. But it will be nice to hopefully get back to a time where people can state their peace (within the rules) and not get banned by people policing tone or pushing ideologies.

Hydrus

The day gaf went down it was like Luke blowing up the death star. People were dancing in the streets. That's a sign that something was very wrong with this place.
This whole mess is an oportunity to set things straight.

This. It wasn't all that surprising to see how many people in the industry HATED this place. This place has a chance now at a fresh start and hopefully win back some of that support. I hope Tyler learns from the past few years and sees how bad it got and hopefully keep this place positive.

see5harp

I'm really interested to know what exactly everyone has just been dying to say that they couldn't say before.

Seriously. That's the hilarious part. So many people with the "disagreeing will get you a ban" but none of them actually saying what it was that they were banned for.

ptown

ResetEra is apparently the thing being cooked up. Past that either Waypoint or GiantBomb I guess

Thanks, I'll check these out. :)

This is exactly how I feel. Tbh I didn’t even know who Evil ore was or who owned GAF until this controversy happened. I’d never even really thought of who the administrative team was...guess ModBot was the only time I interacted with moderators?

I hope the admin team does what’s best for the community now. If that means trusting the website to someone else, then do it.

*brofist*

Same here: also did not really interact with the team behind GAF. Mainly just here because of GAF posters *magical* ability to find the latest gaming thing.

Not having this place, I feel absolutely in the dark. I guess I could look somewhere else, but tbh, I don't use nor understand other stuff like discord(?), reddit, twitter.

Whatever takes the function of GAF, be that here or somewhere else, I'm there.

It has been weird not being able to browse GAF the last few days. Sure there have been questionable things going on for a while now but I am here for the gaming discussion and gaming news. We will just have to weather the storm of all the suicide accounters for a while.

FiggyCal

Banned
Catch 22 situation. I want to stay but I also don't want to stay. Ah well.

So many of the people who made the forum great already left. And more are going to leave soon. It's not really all about eviore.

It's just a shame there isn't a really active gaf alternative now.

Where ever Nirolak and the NPD threads and the Media-Create, Japan Sales Gaf people land, I will follow.

So Chris1964 and the rest of them.

Beatrix

Amen OP. Some may say this sounds sad but I grew up with this forum. It is and probably will always be my go to for gaming related news. I tried other websites the last 2 days and I don't know if I could do it lol. I just hope the gaming side remains and the community we have here stays.

mortal

Gold Member
Same here. This forum had a habit of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

It was becoming obnoxious honestly. You were pretty much treated as a political leper just for liking the game because of the cool visuals.
Some posters made it their mission to shit on the game and its supporters at every mention to deter anyone showing the faintest of interest.

And they somehow want video games to mature as a medium for storytelling...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm most worried that a huge portion of the people left over will be gamergate type idiots. Really good people are leaving this site behind.

Especially given the absolute glee some of these posters are displaying about the whole crappy situation. You think the type of guys that are happy to see these staples of the community go are the type that will make the community be the same it used to be?

Memnoch

No where else was I ever able to find a place with the in depth gaming discussion and obscure threads as I have on GAF. Regardless of what you think about whoever's in charge, the people here are still awesome. It's where I come to get all my news and discuss my favorite games with like minded people. And for that I'm thankful.

I just can't wait until we can get back to discussing games.
Yes absolutely. I completely agree.

It's great, even though personally I didn't spend much time posting in the gaming section, I was always reading posts. Good to have it back at least, though I'll be posting much less.

I'm most worried that a huge portion of the people left over will be gamergate type idiots. Really good people are leaving this site behind.

Especially given the absolute glee some of these posters are displaying about the whole crappy situation. You think the type of guys that are happy to see these staples of the community go are the type that will make the community be the same it used to be?

So i take it you aren't going to play The Last Night?

smurfx

get some go again
People are so over dramatic, it shows who has a life and who doesn't..

I don't even know or care what one dude does on a game forum and if sure as hell doesn't affect where I'm gonna post . In the grand scheme this forum is a meaningless nothing, but it's a board where a lot of decent gamers chatted some games and that's all I care about.

People's outside lives don't mean shit to me especially on a game forum, it's none of my business..

The people making their threads to me show such immaturity its not even possible to put into words
glad to see you stayed as i enjoyed your posts. hope all these account suicides happen quick so these people can talk about games again.

Count me as one of the many that would be interested in following the better parts of the community if it moves elsewhere. I’d appreciate a PM with a Discord invite!

Top Bottom