• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I ordered from Amazon UK, immediately got the beta key (within 1 minute) via email. Then I cancelled the Amazon order, redeemed the key on Bungie website, and got the download. It's installed.

yep same i did it through amazon uk and got both codes instantly and deleted the orders.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Amazon sent me a code (via customer support email) but it doesn't follow the bungie.net format of 9 digits or the Xbox format. The promo code I was sent has 14 characters, 0-9 and a-z. What is this!?

So is support trolling me or what? Anyone have any ideas what they actually sent me? Playstation/steam code perhaps?

Cobalt03

Still no code preordered last month via Psn, anyone else same?

Pre-load only is up right now. Up on Xbox as well. PC at a different date.

Servers are NOT up. This is just for the pre-load this Tuesday.

12.596 GB for the full thing.
Update: Plus new patch 1.02 at 1.281 GB.

1. Go to Bungie.net
2. Sign in
3. Profile (your little icon)
4. Codes (top bar)
5. And it should be there. (Says Destiny 2 beta) Then just punch them into your console and start downloading.

If you have pre-ordered the game via PSN North America, try this link.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/destiny-2-beta/cid=UP0002-CUSA08415_00-DESTINY2BETA0001

Best Free method for a code at this time:
If you don't have a code, but would like one. This still works. (no guarantee from me)

1. Go to Amazon
2. Pre-order Destiny 2
3. Receive code via email (could be a few days)
4. Put code into Bungie website
5. Hopefully you'll get it. Do NOT cancel pre-order till you receive code.
6. Cancel the pre-order or keep it. Up to you.

--------------

-------------

Destiny 2 Title Screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDg5BfX-dnQ

PrinceKee

I just got mine by calling Amazon's help desk at 1-206-922-0880. Choose the digital game and download option. The person who took the call hooked me right up

I get the most stupid reps when I contact amazon. Twice in chat and once over the phone. The person on the phone English was clearly their second language which is fine. But, kept telling me that I would receive the code 3 days within release. Which doesn’t make sense and clearly isn’t what the website says. 3 days and I still don’t have my PS4 code...

neoism

Anyone have a spare code?

Me thinks this will be the begging thread...lol, sorry.
You can get for free if you can spare 5 dollars for a few days just go to shitstop(GameStop) preorder for 5 bones and then a few days later get it back.....
Hell you can probably do it on amazon also

neoism

not entirely. we have seen standard PS4 footage. going by that IGN footage i hope it's a standard PS4 because it doesn't look too great. if that's PS4 Pro people are gonna be disappointed.
Nah I pretty sure everything shown has been on pro

Other than 4K the version is the same as base ps4 just higher resolution
Every version of the game will be 30fps locked on console other than pc

Just found out I dont have to work on Tues!!!
danc.gif

Still don't understand why everyone doesn't make a alt Japanese PSN to get in these betas. Betas are usually always in there PS store for download.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
I gotta say some parts of that start screen soundtrack reminds me of MGS1

Also is this downsampled on PS4pro on 1080p

Tei

Neo Member
The most important part of Destiny is making new friends, for that social areas are important.

Launching activities from a director will feel weird, this beta will feel weird.

Imagine wow (or your favorite mmo) if only quick dungeons through matchmaking would exist.

They are going to show the social area, but only one hour.

Ordered two days ago from Amazon, still no code.

I emailed them a couple of times and they sent me a code. Use the "contact us" link in your amazon acct. If the first reply has no code, choose the not satisfied option. Don't know why they can't automate this and send the code immediately. They aren't charging cards...

Apologies if this has been covered already.

I pre-ordered through Gamestop ages ago, and now I can't find my receipt with the beta code on it.

What are my options?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
might be worth trying to place the order through amazon uk. i've got two codes instantly. Amazon dont charge until dispatch so you are safe to cancel it as soon as you get the email.

Nah I pretty sure everything shown has been on pro

Other than 4K the version is the same as base ps4 just higher resolution
Every version of the game will be 30fps locked on console other than pc

Well the footage is saw looks quite poor. Looks low resolution and has terrible AA. I'd be disappointed if that's what the Pro version looks like.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm tempted to use my code on PS4 since I plan on pre-ordering for PC anyway and can play that beta, too.

oatmeal

Banned
If anyone has a PS4 beta code I'd love it. Not sure I'm going to buy it this time (I spent too much on D1 and didn't play it that much) - hoping they can convince me.

If anyone has a PS4 beta code I'd love it. Not sure I'm going to buy it this time (I spent too much on D1 and didn't play it that much) - hoping they can convince me.

Google how to create a Hong Kong or Japanese PSN account and download it from the store, it will literally take you 5mins to setup.

Top Bottom