• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

soqquatto

I've preordered with Amazon one week ago and never received anything. I've given up, cancelled the preorder there and created a JP account, hoping that this won't screw up in some way the beta emblem. I'll probably end up getting the PS4 pro bundle, too bad in the UK is sold only by GAME

So the PC beta isn't until next month? :( Ohh well, guess I'll be playing it twice, at least I can try it this way with my friends, all if which play on the xbox.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So the PC beta isn't until next month? :( Ohh well, guess I'll be playing it twice, at least I can try it this way with my friends, all if which play on the xbox.

There's still no firm date, even. Between that, the game as yet having no presence in the Blizzard client (ownership is reflected only in the account management section of the Battle.net site) and Acti taking some time to commit to a release date for the PC version, I get the impression the decision to forgo Steam in favour of Battle.net was rather last-minute and Blizzard's been left holding the bag, having to set up a third party-friendly frontend and API that gives Bungie access to the service at a deeper, Steamworksesque level.

Experien

Got my Amazon code in US. DLeda 300mb thing and it is still downloading but when I try to open it it says not enough space.

mhayze

So I got my code from Amazon, redeemed on bungie.net but the download on PSN store is not available. How do i download the beta on my ps4 using the code?

mcfrank

Does anyone know if you need PSN+ to play the beta? I only keep on XBL account since most of my friends are there and I have this preordered for Xbox, but I would love to play a day early on the PS4 if I don't need PSN+

lawtowler

So does this Beta not come with a patrol destination like Destiny did with Old Russia?

That's correct. It comes with one story mission, one strike and two PvP modes (one map on each). It will open up the social space on Sunday for one hour. Anything else that happens will be considered a surprise

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Does anyone know if you need PSN+ to play the beta? I only keep on XBL account since most of my friends are there and I have this preordered for Xbox, but I would love to play a day early on the PS4 if I don't need PSN+

i would probably think so.

ethomaz

Banned
It is kinda hard to say... part of Destiny requires PSN+ but some parts not... that will depend what you can play on Beta.

No Plus Required:

- Story missions solo
- Tower or social areas (I don't remember if you enter solo without Plus)

Plus required:

- Story missions in group
- Strikes
- Raids
- Crisol

Top Bottom