• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

Sarcasm

yes, the beta is free for all players (no matter if you have or not pre-ordered the game or you are/not a psn plus member)
anyone could get the beta for free!

It's a benefit for PSN hongkong and Japan account. (no card needed, no paypal needed, no psn plus needed)

I created it but I don't see the download for it, how do I find it?

Stat!

I pre-ordered from Amazon.ca. Inputted the code into bungie.net but never got an email.

When will I get this email or should I have gotten it by now?

Nevermind. I logged into bungie.net and found the code. Odd that they wouldnt email you

everyer

I created it but I don't see the download for it, how do I find it?

1. search destiny 2 beta from hongkong psn store or buy it free from here:https://store.playstation.com/#!/zh...beta/cid=UP0002-CUSA08415_00-DESTINY2BETA0001

2. on your console, login with hongkong account, set is as primary account in this console. go to game library (my games), find the beta and click to download)

3. switch to your us/eu account, the beta is available for your other region accounts. if you don't find it in first screen, go to game library you will find it.

Sarcasm

1. search destiny 2 beta from hongkong psn store or buy it free from here:https://store.playstation.com/#!/zh...beta/cid=UP0002-CUSA08415_00-DESTINY2BETA0001

2. on your console, login with hongkong account, set is as primary account in this console. go to game library (my games), find the beta and click to download)

3. switch to your us/eu account, the beta is available for your other region accounts. if you don't find it in first screen, go to game library you will find it.

Guys this works lol...

I don't care if not on main account anyways!
I really should get my JP account back.

Stupid question but rest mode still downloads right? (It will be done in 20 minutes anyways)

G-Bus

Banned
Buddy of mine has been badgering me for months to pre order. Did so last night.

Actually kind of excited. Played the original for a few months but got bored in the end. Jumped in little after the Taken King was released and had a hard time getting groups to do things that had been done a long time ago.

Looking forward to making my way through with everyone at the same time.

everyer

Guys this works lol...

Stupid question but rest mode still downloads right? (It will be done in 20 minutes anyways)

yest, it will first download about 300mb and then 12G+
and you have to download another 1.02 patch for about 1G+

For those who is confused with chinese menu when login with your hongkong account:

go to console- setting-language(the fourth from bottom menu)-system language (first menu)-select enlglish.
you will find it turn out to be english.

Nesther

Well too risky anyways. I kind of stopped doing stuff with amazon unless I am ordering from amazon jp.

Especially since I can buy a book and posters for less than what amazon wants for one book that is smaller then where I order the other stuff from. Funny since the other stuff are further AND go through Seattle.

Just not worth it. I mean even my local bank blocked blizzard, though due to many complaints with the company.

But there are methods that don't use Amazon, one is even listed in the OP.

everyer

Guys this works lol...

One more tip: you'd better play with your main account because there will be a beta emblem for you in D2. ^^

Midas

do you need to run the beta after downloading the 300mb file or does the ps4 download it automatically?

Can't remember if you need to start it. But you can check if it downloads anything by clicking option and take "info" or "about", can't remember what it say - and there you will see if it downloads.

speiky

Is a Playstation Plus or Xbox Live subscription needed for the Beta?

NO! Players are not required to have an active PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Subscription to engage with the Destiny 2 Beta. It will however be needed for the actual game release for most activities.

That's from Reddit.

Blatant code begging post, but I'd appreciate it if anyone who was willing to part with an extra code could send one my way.

I've given codes for Destiny, Overwatch and Smite in the past.

I thought you did not need PS+ for the beta??

I love Destiny but I'm not about to start my PS+ sub yet just for a beta. I'll be starting my PS+ sub on September 6th =)

Edit: Well if that post from Reddit is true, that's good. It'd be pretty ridiculous to demand PS+ in order to play a beta.

Bold One

Just preordered from Amazon today because I forgot about the beta, haha. I really hope the code comes by tomorrow ...

Zkp2sJO.gif

Keyboard and mouse support in this? Both my controller sticks are jacked up.

Is there a single game on PS4 or Xbox One that supports keyboard and mouse?

The answer for D2 is a clear no, just curious if there are any games that actually do otherwise I'm not sure hwy anyone would expect it.

Gonna make a HK account. Is there a limit or penalty to how many time you can change which region is your primary account?

There isn't such thing as changing region. You register an HK account, log in on your PS4, set it to primary PS4 for that account and then download the beta, done.

There isn't such thing as changing region. You register an HK account, log in on your PS4, set it to primary PS4 for that account and then download the beta, done.

What I'm asking is if there is a limit to how many time you can set which one is primary so that I can change it back afterwards.

Blam

25 hours to go...

I asked 1 day off as it is my working day...TAT hope that I will not spend most day with server down or wait in the queue....

I didn't get it off since I didn't want to run myself down with work the next day.

BUT I CANT WAIT. I'm gonna wake up at 5AM just so I can play it a bit early.

panda-zebra

Banned
What I'm asking is if there is a limit to how many time you can set which one is primary so that I can change it back afterwards.

All you are doing is making a HK or Japan account and making your ps4 its primary console. I have UK, US, HK and JP accounts all as primary on my main ps4. You don't do anything to your regular account other than run the beta from it...

MidEvlDed

1. Go to Bungie.net
2. Sign in
3. Profile (your little icon)
4. Codes (top bar)
5. And it should be there. (Says Destiny 2 beta) Then just punch them into your console and start downloading.

Thank you. I thought they were going to email me the code. I had no idea I had to log in to my bungie account. Did this and I got the dl code.

Pejo

Gold Member
Just pre-ordered this afternoon, used amazon chat, got my code. Ready to download when I get home from work later.

Man I was absolutely not hyped for this game at all until today for some reason. Now I can't wait to play. That Destiny hook gets you, one way or another.

Raven117

Im ready...My body is ready, GET HYPE, SON!

Can't wait for it all. Can't wait for the buttery smooth gameplay, a solid strike, and few awesome tricks.

Then I can't wait for everybody to get back on line and start beetching about it. How its 1.5...and yada yada. How "Bungo" is full of sheet...and how bad the weapons balancing is (its a beta). I can't wait for the incessant back and forth all week arguing about something that is supposed to be a test to iron all this out BEFORE launch, hence beta.

Can't wait for the preorders cancelled, and the massive moaning...

But everyone will be back...everyone will be there day 1, where we will love/hate Destiny all over again.

Give it to me Destiny 2! I had my forray with the Japanese games in the beginning of this year, and don't give me wrong, I loved it. Neir, Persona 5, Nioh, Zelda...all awesome, but bring me home baby. PEW PEW PEW!

Spenny

Got it through the HK store after not getting my code from Amazon today.

Side question: do items from the HK store download faster for anyone else? For example, It only took 10 minutes to download the beta. The same amount of data usually takes 6x that long to transfer on the US store for me.

Top Bottom